Kris Dielman

OnTheRocks

With all I have read in recent weeks I highly doubt the Bills are in the running for Dielman's services, but he sure would be a nice gift to find wrapped neatly under the Christmas tree next week.

I don't know if it would make a lot of difference but has he been playing RG or LG?

And are their scouting reports that state he would be able to play the opposite side of where he has been?

Has anyone heard any whispers about resigning Gandy?

Just for kicks and giggles;

Potential Depth Charts:

LT Peters / Pennington

LG Dielman / Merz / Preston

C Fowler / Merz / Preston

RG Gandy / Butler / Preston

RT 2nd Round Pick / Pennington / Butler

I personally think Preston will be cut. This will be his third year and if he doesn't come out and challenge for a starting spot he will be let go.

I highly doubt Preston will get cut, since we are paper thin with respect to depth on the line. If we sign a guard or two, then maybe, but I still think we keep him for depth at least until his contract is up.

yes..i heard Marv say that Duke Preston needs to step up. What's your point?

That Preston will be given a chance to show what he can do in OTAs, training camp, preseason and during the season. You don't throw down the gauntlet by publicly calling someone out to step up and then not give them a chance to show their stuff. So, no, he won't be cut. He doesn't make much, and even if he is demoted, he'll be kept around for depth purposes. The demotion would likely occur during the season, unless Preston is completely a waste, which I don't believe is the case (at least we have never heard anything to that effect). So, my point, is that he probably won't be cut.

Actually with the exception of moving Terrance Pennington to a reserve...which seems kind of foolish since he accounted for himself very well...this has been MY lineup from day one.

Move Gandy from LG to RG....he can be had for cheaper and is a natural guard....he can run block....he wont have to be AS mobile on the right side and he can provide a veteran presense next to Terrance....

We NEED a quality LG who can get out and put a hat on somebody next to Peters......

I don't recall Buffalo running much behind the right side of the line. They purposely went left with Peters and Gandy, forcing opposing D-Coord's to stack their defense. If Pennington is starting material, we need to run behind the right side and not be so predictable. Leaving him at RT without competition seems bold to me, given that the former 7th rounder wasn't strong in run support. You could argue he wasn't bad in pass protections, but the line needs improvement.