As Long As The Cat is Out of The Bag

Nanker

Trade Rumors

"TRADE WINDS

For the first time in a long time, trades might make bigger headlines than free-agent signings.

Check out all the players on the trading block (or who could potentially land there): Denver's quarterback Jake Plummer, Buffalo's running back Willis McGahee, Bears running back Thomas Jones, Lions cornerback Dre' Bly, Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, and possibly restricted free agents Michael Turner in San Diego and Matt Schaub in Atlanta.

No trades can be made until March 2, but once that day arrives, so will the trade talk that could overshadow some of the free-agent moves."

Bly played for the Rams before joining the Lions.

Those are two teams that have history with our coaching staff.

With Nate gone and Willis' skid being greased as we speak, would it make sense for Marv to trade with Detroit for the aforementioned Mr. Bly?

Trade Rumors

"TRADE WINDS

For the first time in a long time, trades might make bigger headlines than free-agent signings.

Check out all the players on the trading block (or who could potentially land there): Denver's quarterback Jake Plummer, Buffalo's running back Willis McGahee, Bears running back Thomas Jones, Lions cornerback Dre' Bly, Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, and possibly restricted free agents Michael Turner in San Diego and Matt Schaub in Atlanta.

No trades can be made until March 2, but once that day arrives, so will the trade talk that could overshadow some of the free-agent moves."

Bly played for the Rams before joining the Lions.

Those are two teams that have history with our coaching staff.

With Nate gone and Willis' skid being greased as we speak, would it make sense for Marv to trade with Detroit for the aforementioned Mr. Bly?

Willis would be right at home in Detroit...

Willis would be right at home in Detroit...

That though did cross my mind. I wonder if the Plastic Cup would throw him a parr-tee!!! :thumbsup:

There is strong trade rumors that Denver is interested in acquiring Bly and they might be ready to exchange for Jake Plummer.

That would make sense for both clubs, but about as much as Willis for Bly would, IMHO.

Being a Bills' fan, I'd like to see the sting taken out of losing Clements by the acquisition of a decent corner.

I do believe a RB could be had in the 2nd round that would be able to equal Willis' production.

Again, my opinion.

Remember that on his second day as Detroit Interim Head Coach, Jauron had Dre Bly apologize to the media after he went postal about Mariucci being fired? Bly was an alternate to the Pro Bowl the year before, I believe.

Good. He's a high character guy - he's not afraid to stick up for his coach and did a mea culpa.

Millen may become the new meaning for incompentence, as in to trash/run-into-the-ground/destroy/wilt/bungle/stumble blindly etc., etc., etc. e.g., He Millened the place.