Oh yeah, McNally will fix everything!!!!!!

JStranger76

Where are all the guys that we trying to convince everyone that this O-line

had talent and JM was going to get the most out of these guys and turn this

whole thing around.

I don't see them posting much anymore.

They know who they are.

:doh:

I'm not putting McNally down at all. In the end it's the players. Like So-Cal said, people overrated the talent on the line. Also, replying on with what BuffaloDenny said, it's BS if McNally has been handcuffed in not allowing the move to guard by Williams. Ruin cohessiveness? What cohessiveness?

I can't believe people are ready to put McNally on the chopping block after four freakin' games.

That's just wrong, in my opinion. Just wrong.

65616[/snapback]

No one did. In this thread anyway. The chicken soup from chicken **** was the giveaway.

I like that expression. I'm going to use it. :doh:

whole thing around.

They know who they are.

65610[/snapback]

LOL, so true. The McNally miracle workers were out in force.

McNally doesn't need a bunch of MB pukes to justify his status as one of hte best in the business. He wasn't the one talking playoffs.

I really think with the exception of Lawrence Smith, the other guys are not capable of learning anything from McNally. It's like they have a mental block from having their head so far up their own ass, that even McNally cannot teach them to block.

Give McNally 2 years to bring his own guys. I'm sure he will not keep Teague, Jennings, Williams, or Pucillo around very long.

Edit: I also feel the same way about Wyche with Bledsoe.

I really think with the exception of Lawrence Smith, the other guys are not capable of learning anything from McNally. It's like they have a mental block from having their head so far up their own ass, that even McNally cannot teach them to block.

Give McNally 2 years to bring his own guys. I'm sure he will not keep Teague, Jennings, Williams, or Pucillo around very long.

65845[/snapback]

They have the right coach for the job, but the wrong personnel on the line. They belong in the Arena league. Give McNally some real NFL offensive linemen and I'm sure he'll put together a quality, cohesive unit.

No one did. In this thread anyway. The chicken soup from chicken **** was the giveaway.

I like that expression. I'm going to use it.  :doh:

65763[/snapback]

how's this expression. you can't make chicken salad,out of chicken feathers!

I can't believe people are ready to put McNally on the chopping block after four freakin' games.

That's just wrong, in my opinion. Just wrong.

65616[/snapback]

How long should we wait, LA? I'm not ready to storm the castle with pitchforks and torches, but I really am tired of seeing the offensive line being ignored by the Bills. It sure would be nice if we put as much effort into rebuilding our offensive line as we did our defense or as we've attempted to our "skill players" on offense.

How long should we wait, LA?  I'm not ready to storm the castle with pitchforks and torches, but I really am tired of seeing the offensive line being ignored by the Bills.  It sure would be nice if we put as much effort into rebuilding our offensive line as we did our defense or as we've attempted to our "skill players" on offense.

65903[/snapback]

Outside of Lawrence Smith, he's pretty much had to play the hand dealt to him. I'd like to see what he does this time next year.

I know...I don't want to wait that long either, but to me it's the best way to provide a fair assessment.

How long should we wait, LA?  I'm not ready to storm the castle with pitchforks and torches, but I really am tired of seeing the offensive line being ignored by the Bills.  It sure would be nice if we put as much effort into rebuilding our offensive line as we did our defense or as we've attempted to our "skill players" on offense.

65903[/snapback]

As you well know, I was not buying the "McNally will cure all ills" party line, but it is NOT his fault that TD went for MW over McKinnie.

I am certainly willing to give him more time, because he is not coaching good players, although CV is, imo, a very good RG.

Hey, how good is the LT from Florida State?

It is good to remember as team was constructed they just barely were able to fit the roster under the cap. Its my guess they made the call for this year that Mcnally could work with what they had and for line to be serviceable for this season and next year fill the needs on the line. Fact is such a plan would not have looked so bad if they had got any breaks whatsoever, who was going to even dream of losing the first four all so close. As La said to be fair lets see what they look like by this time next year and for sure if Mr. Donahoe has not made any moves to improve this line, it will be time to get out the pitch forks tar and feathers. I also disagree with most here that Mike Williams will not be a good lineman, lets just see how he looks at season's end.

I noticed he can pull very well Bill, but he'll probably be gone unless we sucker someone into trading for Henry. I'm thinking the best we can do is a 2nd and 4th for Henry and we maybe could package our way into the late teens early 20's. I want a pass rusher in free agency, another Olineman in free agency, and another Olineman with our highest pick.

As you well know, I was not buying the "McNally will cure all ills" party line, but it is NOT his fault that TD went for MW over McKinnie.

I am certainly willing to give him more time, because he is not coaching good players, although CV is, imo, a very good RG.

Hey, how good is the LT from Florida State?

65912[/snapback]

Same here. I understood he needed not only more time, but more talented players. That's why I sent an email to Tyke Tolbert and to McNally after the draft asking why Tolbert, fresh off developing Anquan Boldin, needed more talent at WR while McNally, a well respected line coach who has developed a lot of pretty good players in his career, didn't need any. I never did get an answer from them.

How good is Alex Barron? Pretty damn good, actually. Not to worry; with no first round pick, he'll be long gone by the time we can make a move. Unless we trade back into the first round, that is. But, if we're going to do that, it'll have to be around the same area as where Evans was taken if not higher. The only thing that concerns me with Barron is that while he's a big guy at 6-6 and about 310, he could be a little bigger and stronger. He is very athletic, and that will serve him well as an NFL left tackle.

whole thing around.

They know who they are.

65610[/snapback]

the cult of mcnally is out shopping for vodka, koolaid, and cyanide

Same here.  I understood he needed not only more time, but more talented players.  That's why I sent an email to Tyke Tolbert and to McNally after the draft asking why Tolbert, fresh off developing Anquan Boldin, needed more talent at WR while McNally, a well respected line coach who has developed a lot of pretty good players in his career, didn't need any.  I never did get an answer from them.

How good is Alex Barron?  Pretty damn good, actually.  Not to worry; with no first round pick, he'll be long gone by the time we can make a move.  Unless we trade back into the first round, that is.  But, if we're going to do that, it'll have to be around the same area as where Evans was taken if not higher.  The only thing that concerns me with Barron is that while he's a big guy at 6-6 and about 310, he could be a little bigger and stronger.  He is very athletic, and that will serve him well as an NFL left tackle.

65932[/snapback]

I am NOT trying to pose as if I know as much as you about football, college football, nor linemen.....but from what little I have seen from this kid, I like him as much as I liked Gallery.

Maybe we are taking the wrong aproach here guys. If the e-mails are not working we could take the draft room hostage and force them to upgrade the line. :doh:

65945[/snapback]

Hahahaha!!!! If only they'd listen to us, since we know it all. Yeah, right. Still, I do wish they'd take a more dedicated effort to building a great offensive line.

Someone once asked me what I'd do if I became a coach in terms of which areas I'd address first. The answer is still the same even 17 years later.

1. Build the best offensive line possible.

2. Build the best defense possible.

3. Everything else.

I am NOT trying to pose as if I know as much as you about football, college football, nor linemen.....but from what little I have seen from this kid, I like him as much as I liked Gallery.

65941[/snapback]

Bill, I am no expert on anything except not being an expert.

Barron is a great pro prospect, but I don't consider him the runaway top pick at tackle, like Gallery last season. Here's a few others to watch at tackle:

Andrew Whitworth, LSU

Calvin Armstrong, Washington State

Adam Stenavich, Michigan

Daniel Loper Texas Tech

Marcus McNeill, Auburn (this guy is tough!)

Eric Winston, Miami-Fla

Jammal Brown, Oklahoma

Max Jean-Gilles, Georgia

I still prefer to watch the interior OL, as we need those guys more. Here's just a few names I've been trying to watch this season.

Guards:

Chris Kemoeatu, Utah

Elton Brown, Virginia

David Baas, Michigan

Mark Setterstrom, Minnesota

C.J. Brooks, Maryland

Sam Mayes, Oklahoma State

Tyler Reed, Penn State

Centers:

Ben Wilkerson, LSU

Jed Paulsen, NC State

Matt Brock, Oregon State

Chris Spencer, Ole Miss

Donovan Raiola, Wisconsin

If you get a chance, take a look at some of these guys when their teams are on.