David Beckham's deal actually worth $27.5M over 5 years

MadBuffaloDisease

Here is the link:

Beckham Salary

I mean, I had thought it was reported from the get go that his salary was only going to be about 5 yr/50 million and that the $250 million was the estimate for totality of endorsements + salary. But I never saw a figure as low as 5.5 million per year. Interesting.

Here is the link:

Beckham Salary

I mean, I had thought it was reported from the get go that his salary was only going to be about 5 yr/50 million and that the $250 million was the estimate for totality of endorsements + salary. But I never saw a figure as low as 5.5 million per year. Interesting.

$27M sounds reasonable for his playing contract. It remains to be seen how much he makes off of whatever % of merchandising, tickets, etc. he's getting, but I can't see kids all over the US suddenly start wearing soccer jerseys instead of football/basketball ones.

As for as endorsements, he'd get some from trendy/jet set products (luxery watches, etc) but have a hard time seeing him getting major car or shoe deals. This guy is not Tiger Woods. Not in this country anyway.

Here is the link:

<a href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=410562&cc=5901" target="_blank">

Beckham Salary

</a>

How very "soccer" of them to include his endorsements as part of his salary. :wallbash:

Doesn't matter. It's still more money than probably all the people on the board make combined.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. This would be cool to see. I bet we would beat Beckham. All of us combined....yeah, I'd take the board on that one.

I'd like to tally it.