Ayone else seeing Okoye going before Branch?

BravinSeattle

I've been watching a lot of draft coverage and people are really talking about this kid and the dreaded "upside" alot.

Anyone seeing him begin move past Branch and be the 1st DT off the board? Of course that could all change after the DL day of the combine but how great would it be have him fall into our laps?

I have to say I think its probably going to happen.

I've been watching a lot of draft coverage and people are really talking about this kid and the dreaded "upside" alot.

Anyone seeing him begin move past Branch and be the 1st DT off the board? Of course that could all change after the DL day of the combine but how great would it be have him fall into our laps?

I can see him going before Branch because the kid is just 19 years old and should easily become a 315 lb lineman in a few years. He has a tremendous upside and won't get past the Falcons picking 10th since his former Coach Petrino will have a hard time passing him up. I like Branch, but Okoye has a better upside.

I don't know much about the Cover-2 defense and what type of DT's it requires, but to a non-expert like me, it would seem that this team needs a big dude to take up blockers and get a push. So maybe this is a blessing and Branch falls to us.

I can see him going before Branch because the kid is just 19 years old and should easily become a 315 lb lineman in a few years. He has a tremendous upside and won't get past the Falcons picking 10th since his former Coach Petrino will have a hard time passing him up. I like Branch, but Okoye has a better upside.

Thats what im thinking as well about the Falcons. I really dont think a team like the Bills has the luxury of drafting players with upside because we need players who can play and a play now at a high level.

I think Branch is that guy and he's more of the guy we need now.

I don't know much about the Cover-2 defense and what type of DT's it requires, but to a non-expert like me, it would seem that this team needs a big dude to take up blockers and get a push. So maybe this is a blessing and Branch falls to us.

I share the same belief. I think a MCargo/Branch tandem would be very productive.

I really dont think a team like the Bills has the luxury of drafting players with upside because we need players who can play and a play now at a high level.

Like McCargo and Youboty and Butler?

Contributing early is definitely a value over a project, but if you do anything other than draft the best football players available based on your estimation of their five year contribution to the team, you are choosing to get less total value from the draft than you could have, and you are prevent you are hurting your team in the medium-long run. Draft great football players to build a great team. Draft needs to build a mediocre team with fewer holes.

However, first year contribution is one part of the five year contribution, so getting more out of the player in year 1 can offset more talent and potential that is raw. I'm not sure who between Branch and Okoye will be more valuable over five years, and I'm not sure if either will be available at #12, but I wouldn't feel terrible about either.

I still like Blalock and Willis as well, and know we will get a good player at #12.

The order does not matter - both will be long gone before the Bills pick

If Okoye is as good as the people on this board seem to think he is, he won't be there at 12.

I think only one DT will be taken in the first eleven picks. I would think the first 11 picks are going to change a bit after the combine with possibly a CB, TE or a FS jumping into those picks.

I mean Olsen ran a 4.45 TE so he could possibly jump up. Who know what happens if Reggie Nelson Landry run a blistering 40.

I think only one DT will be taken in the first eleven picks. I would think the first 11 picks are going to change a bit after the combine with possibly a CB, TE or a FS jumping into those picks.

I mean Olsen ran a 4.45 TE so he could possibly jump up. Who know what happens if Reggie Nelson Landry run a blistering 40.

First, I can't see any of the TE's jumping that far. They just aren't that talented this year. Running fast will get you more consideration, but you have to be able to play to be a top 10 pick.

Second, the mock draft you have in your sig has comp picks for Clements and Fletcher in it. We won't get those until next year.

Like McCargo and Youboty and Butler?

Contributing early is definitely a value over a project, but if you do anything other than draft the best football players available based on your estimation of their five year contribution to the team, you are choosing to get less total value from the draft than you could have, and you are prevent you are hurting your team in the medium-long run. Draft great football players to build a great team. Draft needs to build a mediocre team with fewer holes.

However, first year contribution is one part of the five year contribution, so getting more out of the player in year 1 can offset more talent and potential that is raw. I'm not sure who between Branch and Okoye will be more valuable over five years, and I'm not sure if either will be available at #12, but I wouldn't feel terrible about either.

I still like Blalock and Willis as well, and know we will get a good player at #12.

That's exactly why actually. I don't think a team with as many holes that we have can draft projects considering how bad our run D is and is going to be unless we draft someone who can come in and play.

Olsen is too light to block. He is a slot TE only, which will keep him out of the top-15.

Even with a CB and S going in the top 12, Okoye and Branch will still be gone by #12. The overhyped WRs like Jarret and Ginn will drop out of the top 10.

Quality DTS are very hard to find.