Even when the Bills scored their second touchdown

Toledo Bill

As excited as I was when the Bills went ahead, I had no doubts the Jests were going to score.  I was just hoping there would be enough time that we may have been able to score again.

65262[/snapback]

the bills scored way to quick. with a more confident offense they could've taken more time off the clock, but that wasn't the case at all. clock management wasn't there.... it's funny but this team is almost a mirror image of the redskins imo. (except they've won a game) and minus gibbs.

I was excitied when they scored but knew the Jets would go down and score. I just felt they moved the ball way too easily the whole game and the D was not good enough to win the game. Sad, but that is how I felt.

the bills scored way to quick.  with a more confident offense they could've taken more time off the clock, but that wasn't the case at all.  clock management wasn't there....  it's funny but this team is almost a mirror image of the redskins imo. (except they've won a game) and minus gibbs.

65278[/snapback]

Manage the clock when your behind is hard to do...add to that our offense(punting 7 straight times without a score) its impossible....

I was excitied when they scored but knew the Jets would go down and score.  I just felt they moved the ball way too easily the whole game and the D was not good enough to win the game.  Sad, but that is how I felt.

65284[/snapback]

Yeah, for all the people talking about how great the D played, the only part of the game that they stopped the Jets was for a few series in the second half when the Jets were CLEARLY sitting on the 13-0 lead. The Jets drove to the red zone four out of five drives in the first half and three of five in the second half (plus the Pennington INT at the 30). That is good defense? What a laugh.

the bills scored way to quick.  with a more confident offense they could've taken more time off the clock, but that wasn't the case at all.  clock management wasn't there....  it's funny but this team is almost a mirror image of the redskins imo. (except they've won a game) and minus gibbs.

65278[/snapback]

So let me ge this straight ...

We chuck the ball deep to Lee Evans for a TD, and you're saying we should have run short patterns, and run the ball instead? Why? Cause that work all game?

For the first time in a decade, I saw a pocket form for the QB when the opponent rushed more than 3 men. The line stepped up and did their job, the TE and RBs picked up a man, and we scored. The only group that didn't do their job in the last few minutes of the game was the DEF, not the Offense, not the play calling. That was not poor clock management. It was a great throw, a great block scheme, a great clutch catch by a rookie.

As soon as they scored and the bar was still roaring with cheers I turned to a friend of mine and said that they'd scored too early. He agreed. I told him that the Jets would score and we'd desperately try and score with the clock running out and somewhere we'd take a killer sack on the last drive - all of which happened. It would be spooky if it wasn't so damn predictable.