Falcons DL arrested for animal abuse

justnzane

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman Jonathan Babineaux was arrested by Gwinnett County police on Monday morning and charged with one count of felony animal abuse.

The Falcons confirmed the arrest in a brief statement.

"We're aware of the situation and we're in the process of gathering information," said Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts. "Until we have the information we need, we will have no further comment."

Gwinnett County police spokesman Darren Moloney said Babineaux was arrested early Monday. Moloney said he did not know any specifics about the case and a report and details concerning the case would not be released Monday.

Lt. Derrick Locklear, shift commander for the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office, said Babineaux was released just before 8 a.m. Monday on a $2,300 bond.

Babineaux played in all 16 games and recorded 28 tackles last season.

Linky

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you own a pet?

A furry 4 legger lives in my house but the question of who owns whom is unresolved.

Now that I've answered your question, perhaps you can answer mine?

What exactly do you hope he pays dearly for?

A furry 4 legger lives in my house but the question of who owns whom is unresolved.

Oh crap!!

LSI Cadets you are about to be initiated.

Choose your response carefully....oh so very carefully.

Apparently, Babs who played his college ball at the Big Ten school Iowa was camping in the upper peninsula of Michigan when he ran across a wolverine. Never having beaten a wolverine offensive tackle for the 4 years he played at Iowa, he immediately flew into a rage and tackled the wolverine. The wolverine suffered a loss of 10 yards on the attack. This greatly displeased the local Michigan game warden and UM alum. Hence the arrest.

Is either one of you Batman or are you both Burt Ward?

LOL.

I can tell you truthfully that I have never worn tights.

LSI Cadets? Never met him.

I apologize for interrupting the initiation.

P.S. LSI Cadets

the right response to each part of the initiation is:

"Thank you sir may I have another!"

Apparently, Babs who played his college ball at the Big Ten school Iowa was camping in the upper peninsula of Michigan when he ran across a wolverine. Never having beaten a wolverine offensive tackle for the 4 years he played at Iowa, he immediately flew into a rage and tackled the wolverine. The wolverine suffered a loss of 10 yards on the attack. This greatly displeased the local Michigan game warden and UM alum. Hence the arrest.

Well I heard a bit of a different story.

Actually Babineaux went hunting for wolverines with his uncle.

He was asked by a local reporter "Did you shoot any?"

Babineaux responded:"Yeah like 50! what would you do if they were coming after your uncle?"

The reporter then asked "What did you use?"

To which Babineaux responded "A FRIGGIN 12 GAUGE WHAT DO YOU THINK! IDIOT!"

Is either one of you Batman or are you both Burt Ward?

On a sidenote.

(can we pretend someone else is posting this besides me?)

It is quite interesting that you bring up Burt Ward.

Currently Burt and his wife Tracey operate Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions from their home.

Their wonderful work dedicated to finding homes for animals in need has been featured on Animal Planet.

Here is a link to their organization

P.S. What kind of dog do you have?

Something tells me he's not a "yappy" dog. :thumbsup:

I don't the specific laws of Georgia, but there are normally few acts that can be classified as "felony" animal abuse, and they are reserved for the most heinous acts of cruelty. Unless he he did something minor and it happened to be a police dog/horse, etc..., whatever he did must have been pretty bad.

So without further clarification of what happened, he can be pretty sure that it is something he wants the dude to be punished for. Maybe he would be wrong, but it's pretty doubtful.

Well I heard a bit of a different story.

Actually Babineaux went hunting for wolverines with his uncle.

He was asked by a local reporter "Did you shoot any?"

Babineaux responded:"Yeah like 50! what would you do if they were coming after your uncle?"

The reporter then asked "What did you use?"

To which Babineaux responded "A FRIGGIN 12 GAUGE WHAT DO YOU THINK! IDIOT!"

This is why Atlanta and the Hawkeyes never allowed Babs to talk to the press.

I agree. Lamb without mint sauce. Overcooked veal cutlets. Steak ordered well done.

Someday the whole world will know they shouldn't abuse animals and we'll all eat better.

Yeah... I enjoyed remvoing all of the bones from the chicken and eating it. In fact, I am a member of P.E.T.A. (People who Enjoy Tasty Animals)

A report from an Atlanta television station suggests he was directly involved with killing a dog. Not very funny.

http://www.11alive.com/sports/article_spor...x?storyid=92472

-----

An Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle is now tackling legal trouble. Jonathan Babineaux is out of jail on a $2,300 bond. He is charged with animal cruelty.

Babineaux was selected as a second round draft choice by the Falcons in 2005. He gained attention by recording 36 tackles in his rookie year. But now, he is getting another type of attention.

Gwinnett County Police say he's somehow involved in the death of a dog.

Babineaux was booked into the Gwinnett County Jail early Monday morning. Just after midnight Sunday, Gwinnett County police arrested the 25-year-old Babineaux at his home, and accused him of animal cruelty.

Police say Babineaux's wife rushed a dog to an animal emergency center less than three miles from their home. Workers at the center said they were not allowed to discuss what happened, but did confirm the dog died.

Gwinnett County police are not releasing details -- they only said their investigation lead them to believe Babineoux had a direct hand in the dog's death.

Babineaux is charged with one count of felony animal cruelty.

According to Georgia law, felony animal cruelty only applies when someone knowingly and maliciously causes death or physical harm to an animal.