Ralph will fire Donahoe before end of season

seq004

I can tell he's seen enough. I think he feels much like most of us feel in that this team has had talent but has no leaders and the worse offense in the NFL. I know he was frustrated with TD last year so before you say "No way" you might think twice. He has given TD 4 years to get it right and Ralph ain't getting any younger so it would not surprise me to see him ax TD and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made. It's hard to watch this team anymore and what I think Ralph is saying is that he along with the fans have the right to B upset and expect change.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell he's seen enough. I think he feels much like most of us feel in that this team has had talent but has no leaders and the worse offense in the NFL. I know he was frustrated with TD last year so before you say "No way" you might think twice. He has given TD 4 years to get it right and Ralph ain't getting any younger so it would not surprise me to see him ax TD and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made. It's hard to watch this team anymore and what I think Ralph is saying is that he along with the fans have the right to B upset and expect change.

65080[/snapback]

There are several reasons why this WON'T happen:

1) If you fire TD, anyone you bring in to replace him (any GM worth his salt at least) will want his own coaching staff. So that would mean that you would have to fire MM too.

2) MM is only 4 games into the longest, richest rookie coaching contract ever signed at One Bills Drive. There is no way that RW is willing to tear that up so soon. One thing that has always been consistent about Ralph is his unwillingness to pay people for NOT working, which is precisley what he would have to do to MM and TD if he terminated their contracts so early. Don't think so? Just ask Wade Phillips what he thinks.

The truth of the matter is that TD and MM are going to be here for this entire season and all of next season as well. You don't have to like it, but you might as well accept it.

There are several reasons why this WON'T happen:

1) If you fire TD, anyone you bring in to replace him (any GM worth his salt at least) will want his own coaching staff. So that would mean that you would have to fire MM too.

2) MM is only 4 games into the longest, richest rookie coaching contract ever signed at One Bills Drive. There is no way that RW is willing to tear that up so soon. One thing that has always been consistent about Ralph is his unwillingness to pay people for NOT working, which is precisley what he would have to do to MM and TD if he terminated their contracts so early. Don't think so? Just ask Wade Phillips what he thinks.

The truth of the matter is that TD and MM are going to be here for this entire season and all of next season as well. You don't have to like it, but you might as well accept it.

65090[/snapback]

I have to disagree....Go back and look at my post I said fire TD not MM and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made. It's to early to give up on MM, but I can see TD getting fired sometime this year. If you know Ralph Wilson's history of firing's it should not come as a surprise to anyone.

The truth of the matter is he fired Bill Polian after taking them to the superbowl. I know some fans may dissagree but unless a miracle occurs TD will be leaving Buffalo sometime in the near future. I never said MM was going to get fired so I'm not sure what your talking about.

I have to disagree....Go back and look at my post I said fire TD not MM and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made. It's to early to give up on MM, but I can see TD getting fired sometime this year. If you know Ralph Wilson's history of firing's it should not come as a surprise to anyone. 

The truth of the matter is he fired Bill Polian after taking them to the superbowl. I know some fans may dissagree but unless a miracle occurs TD will be leaving Buffalo sometime in the near future. I never said MM was going to get fired so I'm not sure what your talking about.

65302[/snapback]

What I am talking about is that RW will not be able to find any replacement GM who wouldn't want to hire his own coach. Thus, MM and TD are LINKED. If you brought in a new GM, he will want to bring in new coaches.

And since it's so early on in MM's contract, RW will not want to do that.

TD and MM are here all year and all of next year.

TD will not be let go during the year. What does that accomplish? A GMs job is done between Feb and training camp.  Letting TD go during the season can only undermine a young team trying to find its identity under a coach with 4 games of experience.

65331[/snapback]

TD will be FIRED! - it's just a matter of time. 17-35 and counting. Thank goodness the Bills play an 0-5 team next week.

What happens when the tough part of the schedule begins?

TD will be FIRED! - it's just a matter of time. 17-35 and counting. Thank goodness the Bills play an 0-5 team next week.

What happens when the tough part of the schedule begins?

65340[/snapback]

<_< Umm...

We're through the toughest part of the schedule.

Will TD ever be fired? Probably. Just not this year or next. That's all I am saying. MM's contract virtually assured TD another 2 years in the big chair.

I still predict TD will walk first before he gets fired...

If it gets too hot for him, I can easily see him packing it all in.

On the other hand, in the 1st year of a 5-year contract,

MM is going nowhere.

65353[/snapback]

That's my whole point. There isn't a single GM that's worth his salt that would come into a situation WITHOUT being able to choose his own coaching staff. And since MM is here for at least 3 of those 5 years, it seems entirely unlikely that RW would can TD without a viable replacement.

Modrak is a possiblity, but how could RW justify that move? Afterall Modrak has been involved in every key personel decision. It would be more of the same.

What I am talking about is that RW will not be able to find any replacement GM who wouldn't want to hire his own coach. Thus, MM and TD are LINKED. If you brought in a new GM, he will want to bring in new coaches.

And since it's so early on in MM's contract, RW will not want to do that.

TD and MM are here all year and all of next year.

65310[/snapback]

You mean if we go say 2-14 TD won't be fired? Does a new GM always have to bring in a different coach than the one thats under contract? If the Bills keep losing TD WILL BE FIRED. You can count on it. It may not be till offseason but it will happen. Book it Dano

That's my whole point. There isn't a single GM that's worth his salt that would come into a situation WITHOUT being able to choose his own coaching staff. And since MM is here for at least 3 of those 5 years, it seems entirely unlikely that RW would can TD without a viable replacement.

Modrak is a possiblity, but how could RW justify that move? Afterall Modrak has been involved in every key personel decision. It would be more of the same.

65364[/snapback]

Modrak leaves with TD, and Ralph promotes from within the organization. <_<

At least it won't be Harvey Johnson, may he RIP.

You mean if we go say 2-14 TD won't be fired? Does a new GM always have to bring in a different coach than the one thats under contract? If the Bills keep losing TD WILL BE FIRED. You can count on it. It may not be till offseason but it will happen. Book it Dano

65370[/snapback]

Yes. A new GM almost ALWAYS means a new coach (99 percent of the time). And Ralph doesnt like paying people not to work. Wade Phillips knows what I am talking about.

So if a move is made it would be a promotion from within sorta deal, which to me is a lateral move. I don't see it happening till 06.

65080[/snapback]

You can tell? Not so quick Swami. TD has three aces up his sleeve...Evans, McGahee and Loseman. This team has a real chance at long term success with these guys over the next five years. What we are witnessing is the afterbirth of a failed Drew Bledsoe era and the dawn of a new one. Wilson will judge TD's fate on which way this team is heading and how well these high picks are playing by years end.

Unless there's some sort of massive turnaround, if Ralph wants to keep the fans coming to the stadium, he's gonna have to firer TD. It will probably happen at the end of hte season thoough.