Leonard Davis hits free agency

dfwbillsfan

I know I am gonna get beat up for this one.

He is a decent tackle and can play guard if need be. He has been a starter since being drafted and although he hasn't completely lived up to expectations I think maybe he could be snatched up for a reasonable price.

OH BOY hes a guy i can see the bills targeting

I know I am gonna get beat up for this one.

He is a decent tackle and can play guard if need be. He has been a starter since being drafted and although he hasn't completely lived up to expectations I think maybe he could be snatched up for a reasonable price.

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I understand he is an excellent OG but only a mediocre OT. If we get him as OG that would be fine with me.

He started three seasons at OG for the Cardinals and was medicore as well. He gave up 16.75 sacks in those 45 starts.. In comparison to some of those on my short list

LG Eric Steinbach has given up 13.5 sacks in 62 career starts

LG Kris Dielman has given up 4.5 sacks in 29 career starts.

LG/RG/C Sean Mahan has given up 5.75 sacks in 36 starts.

LG Derrick Dockery has given up 13.75 sacks in 61 starts.

RG/C Andre Gurode has given up 22 sacks in 60 starts.

RG Cosey Coleman has given up 17.5 over his 92 career starts.

spot starter at RG Montrae Holland has given up 5.5 sacks in 30 NFL starts.

OG/OT Floyd Womack has given up 12.75 sacks 32 career starts.

I realize sacks allowed isn't the best stat to go with OGs but I think we agree that our pass protection has to get better and have a feeling he's hardly a stout run blocker as prior to this year the Cardinals hadn't had 1,000 yard rusher since 1998 and incase you forgot Davis was drafted in 2001.

He'd be awesome at guard. I know people are gonna say Arizona has a crap line, geezzz, didn't know that :blink: , a line consists of 5 guys last time I watched a football game. Arizona drafted him #2 to be a franchise tackle, well, we know how that feels but we'd hopefully sign him to play guard. He almost made the Pro Bowl as a rookie at guard and that's where I want him. Look, we didn't blow a #2 overall pick on him so I say bring him in at guard. IT WOULD BE A GOOD MOVE!!!!!!!!

He started three seasons at OG for the Cardinals and was medicore as well. He gave up 16.75 sacks in those 45 starts.. In comparison to some of those on my short list

LG Eric Steinbach has given up 13.5 sacks in 62 career starts

LG Kris Dielman has given up 4.5 sacks in 29 career starts.

LG/RG/C Sean Mahan has given up 5.75 sacks in 36 starts.

LG Derrick Dockery has given up 13.75 sacks in 61 starts.

RG/C Andre Gurode has given up 22 sacks in 60 starts.

RG Cosey Coleman has given up 17.5 over his 92 career starts.

spot starter at RG Montrae Holland has given up 5.5 sacks in 30 NFL starts.

OG/OT Floyd Womack has given up 12.75 sacks 32 career starts.

I realize sacks allowed isn't the best stat to go with OGs but I think we agree that our pass protection has to get better and have a feeling he's hardly a stout run blocker as prior to this year the Cardinals hadn't had 1,000 yard rusher since 1998 and incase you forgot Davis was drafted in 2001.

He might not be the best, but hisstats don't look that bad when you account for the team he is on. He doesn'thave the best linemates, and its not like before this year they have ever had a RB with the capabilities to run for 1000 yards behind a weak line.

I think he is probably someone Buffalo may take interest into and could probably signed reasonable, unless you would prefer vilarial/Preston?

OK....now I'm officially confused on the subject. Is he good at OG? Is he bad at OG? I guess I was prefering Steinbach or Deilman before him so hopefully we'll get one of them so I don't have to feel too much trepidation if we were to sign him.

OK....now I'm officially confused on the subject. Is he good at OG? Is he bad at OG? I guess I was prefering Steinbach or Deilman before him so hopefully we'll get one of them so I don't have to feel too much trepidation if we were to sign him.

He began his career at OG but been playing Left OT the last three seasons.

He might not be the best, but hisstats don't look that bad when you account for the team he is on. He doesn'thave the best linemates, and its not like before this year they have ever had a RB with the capabilities to run for 1000 yards behind a weak line.

I think he is probably someone Buffalo may take interest into and could probably signed reasonable, unless you would prefer vilarial/Preston?

If taking a veteran LG then Dielman's top of my list and love a guy like Justin Blalock in Round 1. Now if looking at a veteran RG then I'd consider Coleman and take a chance of Ben Grubbs in Round 2 or maybe Arron Sears pending his combine performance.

a pretty good guard who could play either tackle if you were desperate- will not be bull rushed- has more trouble with quickness- the problem is, he's worth pretty good guard money but someone is going to offer him big LT money- which he is not worth, because even though he's one of the most imposing looking football player you'll ever see, he is neither overly athletic or motivated.

I remember the Cardinals coach called Davis a dominator as a rookie. I'll take a coaches opinion over anyone's here.

Davis was a "rookie" in 2001.

We are now coming upon the 2007 season.

Dennis Green was fired. His record as head coach of Arizona was 16-32.

A team will sign him to play left tackle.

He will not be playing for the Bills in 2007.

the one position on our team that I worry the most about is Right tackle, if you recall we had a rookie starting there, and he needed help. What if he doesn't improve? or worse does a Robert Hicks and gets worse. While pennington has a chance, he also has a chance at not making it too, If we do sign Davis, and it's a Big IF, at the very worse he could move to RT if pennington struggles, it's also the reason I'd re-sign Gandy. So get Dielman and Davis, but also re-sign Gandy. Peters-Dielman-Fowler-Davis-Pennington with Gandy on the bench able to play 4/5 of the line and Preston 3/5. Not bad, better than 06

sorry, i heard the same thing about Shelton. there are a few simple rules that can get you thru life pretty unscathed. one of them is DONT SIGN PLAYERS THAT PLAYED FOR THE CARDINALS. no matter what, youll be safe more often than not.

they are officially the worst franchise from any sport from the past 20 years.

I understand he is an excellent OG but only a mediocre OT. If we get him as OG that would be fine with me.

if he was an excellent OG the Cardinals would have franchised him

the fact is he isnt that good and is better suited for OT then OG but not real good at either