Now that they are good, this happens

ieatcrayonz

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but it's interesting reading.....

At a meeting Marv Levy dropped a bombshell about the nefarious Ton Golisano. Levy claims that Golisano's intentions all along have been to move the Bills to Paris. Stay with me on this......there are businessmen in Paris that are ready to plunk down mega-millions for the Sabres and move them there. Golisano already let the NHL know of this (Apparently they can't stop him either). Levy & the people from Ted's Hot Dog's offered Golisano a similar financial package but Golisano demurred....when they offered him more, he demurred again...& said he wouldn't sell the team to them no matter how much they offered; it's not about money. Golisano wants it to be his legacy that he be the first person to bring Trans-Atlantic play to the NHL. Still with me..? There's more.... Not to be dismayed, ML went to the NHL & has an agreement that when the Sabres move, they cannot take their name with them, ala New Jersey Rockies/Devils. After the move to Paris, Buffalo will be granted an expansion franchise with the promise that they build a new stadium & sell it out for 5 consecutive years. (the NHL wants a franchise in Buffalo because it's one of the best teams & has history in the league) ML agreed to do this & will build an OUTDOOR stadium on the waterfront in Buffalo with a capacity of 23,500. In addition, Buffalo will be granted an MLB All Star game in the future via an MLB/NHL cross licensing agreement. The caveat to this is that Buffalo will be without a hockey team for 3-4 years. The wheels are already in motion & no one can stop it. ML says that TG is playing the game right now..ie: crying the blues about money, saying enjoy the team while it's here, not signing/keeping star players, etc. Next year or possibly the year after the Sabres will be gone. Nathan Paetsch may have let the cat out of the bag with his recent Paris talk in Hockey Digest. Star players don't want to come to B-lo because they know TG is a tightwad. ML also said that if he ran the team he will not be such a cheapskate & would turn things around in a hurry like he did with the Chicago Blitz.

At a meeting Marv Levy dropped a bombshell about the nefarious Ton Golisano. Levy claims that Golisano's intentions all along have been to move the Bills to Paris. Stay with me on this......there are businessmen in Paris that are ready to plunk down mega-millions for the Sabres and move them there. Golisano already let the NHL know of this (Apparently they can't stop him either). Levy & the people from Ted's Hot Dog's offered Golisano a similar financial package but Golisano demurred....when they offered him more, he demurred again...& said he wouldn't sell the team to them no matter how much they offered; it's not about money. Golisano wants it to be his legacy that he be the first person to bring Trans-Atlantic play to the NHL. Still with me..? There's more.... Not to be dismayed, ML went to the NHL & has an agreement that when the Sabres move, they cannot take their name with them, ala New Jersey Rockies/Devils. After the move to Paris, Buffalo will be granted an expansion franchise with the promise that they build a new stadium & sell it out for 5 consecutive years. (the NHL wants a franchise in Buffalo because it's one of the best teams & has history in the league) ML agreed to do this & will build an OUTDOOR stadium on the waterfront in Buffalo with a capacity of 23,500. In addition, Buffalo will be granted an MLB All Star game in the future via an MLB/NHL cross licensing agreement. The caveat to this is that Buffalo will be without a hockey team for 3-4 years. The wheels are already in motion & no one can stop it. ML says that TG is playing the game right now..ie: crying the blues about money, saying enjoy the team while it's here, not signing/keeping star players, etc. Next year or possibly the year after the Sabres will be gone. Nathan Paetsch may have let the cat out of the bag with his recent Paris talk in Hockey Digest. Star players don't want to come to B-lo because they know TG is a tightwad. ML also said that if he ran the team he will not be such a cheapskate & would turn things around in a hurry like he did with the Chicago Blitz.

Is there any chance that besides holding the All Star game that Buffalo will also be granted a MLB franchise? That would take losing the Bills & Sabres much easier to get over. Think it'll be an existing franchise or expansion? Has Bridget Bardot commented on thie Paris aspects of this plan?

ok,

may be i am not well awakened.

but if you mean some NHL or NFL franchise from buffalo or not come in Paris, France, it won't be until year 2150 at least.

american Football is as well known as crocket here, and very minor interest to hocket.

noboby even knows who won the last SB / is joe montana / etc

not a chance

ok,

may be i am not well awakened.

but if you mean some NHL or NFL franchise from buffalo or not come in Paris, France, it won't be until year 2150 at least.

american Football is as well known as crocket here, and very minor interest to hocket.

noboby even knows who won the last SB / is joe montana / etc

not a chance

With all due respect-I don't think you are "awake" in regards to this matter.

lol, I hope your forwarded that to 2000 people

Is there any chance that besides holding the All Star game that Buffalo will also be granted a MLB franchise? That would take losing the Bills & Sabres much easier to get over. Think it'll be an existing franchise or expansion? Has Bridget Bardot commented on thie Paris aspects of this plan?

jeffrey Loria wants to move teh Marlins because he's having trouble extorting a new stadium in south Florida.

a new ballpark with a capacity of 23,000 would be double what the team draws now, so that would be great.

He would fit in great with the fans who call Ralph a tightwad.

While the Yankees are spending $200 million, the Marlins payroll for active players is under $20 mil.

Good stuff our crayola loving buddy...

Still waiting for Ed Kilgore's response to this.....

Still smelling the Dial Sport Soap I used without a washcloth when I showered this AM...

The offseason at TBD. where the men are men and the keyboards are nervous..

This is my favorite line, "Levy claims that Golisano's intentions all along have been to move the Bills to Paris. Stay with me on this......there are businessmen in Paris that are ready to plunk down mega-millions for the Sabres and move them there."

:wallbash: