A Very Offensive Draft:

Astrobot

The Bills put their emphasis on defense last time around, picking 5 of 7 on that side of the ball.

This time, they use their cap money on defense, securing LB and CB before the draft.

Then it gets really offensive:

RD#1- TRADE DOWN with New Orleans at 27, who wants a CB at Pick 12, Obtain their 1st RD and their 2nd (Picks 27 and 58).

RD#1- TRADE Willis McGahee to Baltimore for their RD#2, pick 61).

RD#1- Marshawn Lynch, RB Pick 27

RD#2- Justin Blaylock, OG Pick 43

RD#2- David Irons, CB Pick 58

RD#2- Samson Satele, OC Pick 61

RD#3- Manny Ramirez, OG Pick 74

RD#4- Matt Spaeth, TE Pick 107

RD#6- Dallas Baker, WR 6-3 210 Pick 169

RD#7- Matt Trannon, WR 6-6 235 Pick 203

All of these picks were made by picking players not yet selected at that pick, in DraftTek's new draft.

First of all, Ive been reading these draftek drafts and I firmly believe they need to refine that software quite a bit, however, that string of events would be nice i guess, but I dont know how I feel about Marshawn Lynch. Those PAC-10 offensive players seem to be more often duds than studs to me.(JJ arrington, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams). However, if NO did trade with us I believe theyd likely have to toss a later round pick in as well. A move from 27 to 12 is pretty significant as the 12th pick almost always has a shot at guy who can be plugged in to start immediately and generally teams in the late twenties and early thirties draft for need and tend to pick guys who are more project-like. Just look at our picks from last year(Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26(?))

The Bills put their emphasis on defense last time around, picking 5 of 7 on that side of the ball.

This time, they use their cap money on defense, securing LB and CB before the draft.

Then it gets really offensive:

RD#1- TRADE DOWN with New Orleans at 27, who wants a CB at Pick 12, Obtain their 1st RD and their 2nd (Picks 27 and 58).

RD#1- TRADE Willis McGahee to Baltimore for their RD#2, pick 61).

RD#1- Marshawn Lynch, RB Pick 27

RD#2- Justin Blaylock, OG Pick 43

RD#2- David Irons, CB Pick 58

RD#2- Samson Satele, OC Pick 61

RD#3- Manny Ramirez, OG Pick 74

RD#4- Matt Spaeth, TE Pick 107

RD#6- Dallas Baker, WR 6-3 210 Pick 169

RD#7- Matt Trannon, WR 6-6 235 Pick 203

All of these picks were made by picking players not yet selected at that pick, in DraftTek's new draft.

I'm not high on Lynch as some of the others on this board but don't think he's going to fall to #27, Michael Bush may (pending his combine) but like McGahee is coming off an injury and question if he'll return to pre injury form. So instead forget trading McGahee and maybe look for a WR in Round 1 like Dwayne Bowe (but think he'll be gone by then). Of course I'm guessing your addressing most of our D needs though free agency.

First of all, Ive been reading these draftek drafts and I firmly believe they need to refine that software quite a bit, however, that string of events would be nice i guess, but I dont know how I feel about Marshawn Lynch. Those PAC-10 offensive players seem to be more often duds than studs to me.(JJ arrington, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams). However, if NO did trade with us I believe theyd likely have to toss a later round pick in as well. A move from 27 to 12 is pretty significant as the 12th pick almost always has a shot at guy who can be plugged in to start immediately and generally teams in the late twenties and early thirties draft for need and tend to pick guys who are more project-like. Just look at our picks from last year(Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26(?))

Or they tend to be Reggie Bush, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer or Corey Dillon. The NFL draft is an absolute crap shoot.

refine their software a bit...you think? :wallbash:

You are too kind!

thats what everyone said about ko simpson, and fell to us

Thats true..........

However, Dallas Baker is the type of WR all team want. Hes big, and hes fast! Go ask Ohio State players about him. He torched that defense in the BCS Title game!

So personally, I think Big WR's have more value in the NFL......

Jokeman, how could you even think of accepting a mere 2nd round pick for trading down from 12 to 27? :thumbsup:

Once again, may I remind you that in 2001, the Bills got a 2nd for trading down from 14 to 21, and in those days, there was a big crop of UFAs. Today, there are oh so few, leaving the draft (and perhaps a few trades) as the only avenue to build a football team.

12th to 27th? I wouldn't do it unless it included a swap of picks AND a 1st rounder in the following season, or something that approaches that. Even at that, I would probably insist on a 4th in 07.

C,mon Brother. Do it again and this time, give us something reasonable for that first trade.

Be interesting to see all of those offensive on the sidelines watching the opposing teams and their clock-eating run drives. We'll save a lot of money on laundry as it's unlikely the offense will get dirty.

Keeping in mind our youth at the defensive tackle position and the fact that last season we were running arguably the league's most unique defensive system for the first time...and that we will be getting a stronger Takeo Spikes on the field than we had at any point last season (other than the first play from scrimmage)...and the fact that there are solid nose tackles that can be obtained in free agency to replace Tim Anderson in the rotation...why can't our run defense improve next year without addressing the DT position in the first 2 rounds of the draft?

Jokeman, how could you even think of accepting a mere 2nd round pick for trading down from 12 to 27? :thumbsup:

Once again, may I remind you that in 2001, the Bills got a 2nd for trading down from 14 to 21, and in those days, there was a big crop of UFAs.

I've always stated that a draft in getting the best group of players not the best player each round. Hence I feel a WR like Dwayne Bowe and CB David Irons could be worth more then someone that be available with pick 12 (for sake of arguement I'll use the name Dwayne Jarrett).

It all depends on what we do in FA.....

I'd be happy with

1st: Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd: Sidney Rice WR

3rd: Brian Leonard FB

4th: Anthony WAters MLB

6th: Dan Santucci OG

7th: Jacby Jones WR

If in FA we got a starting quality LG(not a back-up w/ potential, a starter), a two gap DT, added Depth at LB, and retained Clements