shelton

K-Gun10

U BOys think damien will be back with us next year Cieslak showed the last two games he can play FB

I think Cieslak showed he could be a back up FB. I say keep Shelton around for another year but look for a full time replacement either in the draft or as an undrafted free agent.

show SHELTON the damned door!

Hes over the hill, it happens to fullbacks around that age, remember how Sam Gash was the 2nd time around when we had him....not the same guy. I was pumped last year when we signed ALan Ricard, but thenw e cut him during camp.

show SHELTON the damned door!

Hes over the hill, it happens to fullbacks around that age, remember how Sam Gash was the 2nd time around when we had him....not the same guy. I was pumped last year when we signed ALan Ricard, but thenw e cut him during camp.

i also liked alan ricard it would be good to him bring back cuz he can catch the ball and run it something shelton cant do, and cieslak as more of the blocking fb

i also liked alan ricard it would be good to him bring back cuz he can catch the ball and run it something shelton cant do, and cieslak as more of the blocking fb

I think its unwise to believe one can run a 2-fullback system with a head coach named anything other than Belichik

Considering that the Bills current offense barely even utilizes a FB, I imagine that we'll be looking for a servicable guy at the league minimum. A move to a younger cheaper player is probably in the offing.

Ceislak played FB as an emergency only. He IS NOT FB material. All he showed was he could get his ass kicked back there. I'm definitley on board with a younger FB. I'd like Le'Ron McClain in the 6th round if he is there. Brian Leonard would be a waste of a pick as he will probably be a 3rd round pick and we barely use a FB anyways.

I have to ask "Did we not utilize the FB because of system or because of talent?" I believe that it is Shelton's lack of talent, if you had someone like Larry Centers in the backfield i am sure that Fairchild would have a way to utilize him. Shelton's long gone

I think Cieslak showed he could be a back up FB. I say keep Shelton around for another year but look for a full time replacement either in the draft or as an undrafted free agent.

Shelton's contract is up this year and it isn't worth 1 minute of time to try and negotiate a 1 year (or any year deal with him) contract with him.

He is not some great blocking fullback as many have claimed, how many of Willis' decent runs this year were led by Shelton?

Very few, the Bills almost always went with the 1 back set.