Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR

One of the funniest things read on here in months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets leave it at this: Moulds made Price a multi million $$ man. 81 went nowhere after he left. Comes back here and catches a few.

How many QB's did Moulds have tossing him the ball............8. he will never get to the hall but he could flat out catch the ball and make plays. All day if he wanted to. Just too many QB's & OC's killed a great WR's numbers.

He was once of of the best at his position in getting yards after the catch due to his physicality, but age is against him. If he's cut by Houston, it's worth taking a look at Eric for a number 3 receiver role in Buf.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was once of of the best at his position in getting yards after the catch due to his physicality, but age is against him. If he's cut by Houston, it's worth taking a look at Eric for a number 3 receiver role in Buf.

Only if we bring Travis Henry back to compete with McGahee. :unsure:

He has become a #2 possession receiver and those numbers, while not great, definitely help move the sticks.

9.8 YPC doesnt move the sticks. It gets you short of the first down. Good WR's average over 13 YPC. Average WR's get 11-12 YPC. 10 or less is downright terrible. There were a dozen or so TE's that had a higher YPC than moulds.

Moulds flat out stinks at this point in his career.

I suspect Eric is on the downhill drive in his career. He's probably best off playing out the contract in Houston and then moving into life after football. I think we already have receivers pretty darn close to Eric's present abilities right now. I suspect there will better and cheaper options to us inthe WR corp in free agency. For my money, I'm fairly happy with Price, Reed and Parrish myself.

Maybe you're right... but Peerless was even worse in terms of YPC!

9.8 YPC doesnt move the sticks. It gets you short of the first down. Good WR's average over 13 YPC. Average WR's get 11-12 YPC. 10 or less is downright terrible. There were a dozen or so TE's that had a higher YPC than moulds.

Moulds flat out stinks at this point in his career.

The argument was about Moulds cutting it as a #2 receiver (read the subject of the tread).

To support the fact that he is NOT a good #2 receiver, his YPC was brought up.

I then brought up Peerless Price's YPC, pointing out that it was even worse than Moulds. This is an apt comparison, given that (a) We are talking about YPC and (b) Price and Moulds are the #2 receivers for the Bills and Texans respectively.

Thanks.

The argument was not if Moulds was better than Price or vice versa. The question posed here is Moulds over the hill ? and the answer seems to be YES.

The argument was about Moulds cutting it as a #2 receiver (read the subject of the tread).

I then brought up Peerless Price's YPC, pointing out that it was even worse than Moulds. This is an apt comparison, given that (a) We are talking about YPC and (b) Price and Moulds are the #2 receivers for the Bills and Texans respectively.

Thanks.

Price was not the true #2 for the Bills...He and Josh Reed shared the #2 WR slot for the bills. So comparing Price's stats with Moulds is not equal comparison.

The original thread was about Moulds being a #2 WR...not a comparison with Price.

Thanks for the clarification.

But YPC = Total Yards divided by Total Catches -- thus, the yards are normalized by the number of catches... so sharing shouldn't make too much of a difference there.

And I know how to follow a thread and stay on topic, but thanks for your help in that department. :unsure:

Price was not the true #2 for the Bills...He and Josh Reed shared the #2 WR slot for the bills. So comparing Price's stats with Moulds is not equal comparison.

The original thread was about Moulds being a #2 WR...not a comparison with Price.

And I know how to follow a thread and stay on topic, but thanks for your help in that department.

You may follow the thread, but you do not stay on topic. Speaking of staying on topic, why do you continue to compare Moulds to Price when the topic is "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR"? I don't see "Buffalo Bills" or "Peerless Price" in the topic.

BTW, since when does Price become the standard of a good #2 WR that the comparison of their YPC has anything to do with "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR"? Why do you compare Moulds to Price (and Price only) to justify Moulds' performance as a #2 WR? You do know there're other #2 WRs in NFL, right?

There're 25 WRs who did NOT lead their teams in receiving yards last season but had more receiving yards than Moulds (557). Do you want to take a guess how many of them have better YPC than Moulds? Let me tell you, ALL of the twenty five. Again, these are not the #1 WRs.

So, come again, why do you compare Moulds to Price only and still claim you stay on the topic ("Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR") when there're many #2 WRs having better YPC than Moulds? Oh, I see, you just happened to pick a #2 WR having worse YPC than Moulds. :wallbash:

Last, if you want to criticize the decision of replacing Moulds by Price, you should

(1) Read the subject of this thread again, and

(2) Take the impact on cap room into consideration

First of all, I'm not criticizing getting rid of Moulds. He's on the wrong side of 30 and his cap figure was too high.

I never brought up Price on this thread, others did (feel free to read the thread). And of course Price is relevant BECAUSE HE REPLACED MOULDS ON THE ROSTER!

Thanks

Last, if you want to criticize the decision of replacing Moulds by Price, you should

(1) Read the subject of this thread again, and

(2) Take the impact on cap room into consideration

I never brought up Price on this thread, others did (feel free to read the thread).

You weren't the one bringing up Price, like I said, you CONTINUE to compare Moulds to Price. Your replay to Ramius' post was

"Maybe you're right... but Peerless was even worse in terms of YPC!"

This has nothing to do with the topic.

Did you read the topic again? let me remind you, the topic is "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR". You didn't stay on topic as you claim.

And of course Price is relevant BECAUSE HE REPLACED MOULDS ON THE ROSTER!

No, it is not relevant to the topic, which is "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR". No matter how Price performs, it doesn't justify Moulds being a good #2 WR or not.

Do you really think how good Moulds is as a #2 WR depended on how good Price is? :wallbash: No matter how Price plays, it doesn't affect Moulds' ability and performance. It only affects how good the DECISION of replacing Moulds by Price is.

That's your opinion. At the end of the day, this is a Bills forum and when players from other teams are brought up, it is only natural to compare them to players currently on the Bills' roster.

No, it is not relevant to the topic, which is "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR". No matter how Price performs, it doesn't justify Moulds being a good #2 WR or not.

That's your opinion. At the end of the day, this is a Bills forum and when players from other teams are brought up, it is only natural to compare them to players currently on the Bills' roster.

No, it's not just my opinion. It is called common sense.

Read the topic again, "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR". Moulds' ability and performance at Houston has nothing to do with Price's performance at Buffalo.

You seems inable to distinguish "Moulds' performance" to "The decision of replacing Moulds by Price", where only the later needs to take Price's performance into account.

Yes, I am "inable"...

You got me.

I surrender to you :P

:wallbash:

You seems inable to distinguish "Moulds' performance" to "The decision of replacing Moulds by Price", where only the later needs to take Price's performance into account.

typo, it should be "unable" .....

As usual, when Dawgg is losing a football argument, he starts to find other people's typo and avoids talking about football anymore. This is the only thing Dawgg good at. :D

And this is the statement from Dawgg at post 48 in this thread.

Dwagg asked people to read the subject of the tread. Which tread? Shoe tread or tire tread? :P

:D

Anyway, it is boring to find others' typo. Back to football, the post should be:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seems unable to distinguish "Moulds' performance" and "The decision of replacing Moulds by Price", where only the latter needs to take Price's performance into account. :wallbash:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, when evaluating Moulds' performance as a #2 receiver, we look at his performance. When evaluating the decision of replacing Moulds by Price, we look at both Moulds' and Price's performance. These two evaluations are different, here, the topic is "Moulds not cutting it in Houston as a number #2 WR".

Already discussed Moulds and in response to me saying Moulds moves the sticks, Ramius brought up a good point with his low 9.8 YPC. I then did some of my own research and found that among #2 receivers around the league, Moulds' numbers actually "are" a tad on the low side -- and in doing so found out that Peerless' numbers were even worse! Thus, I brought up the point. It's called a "discussion" -- and as discussions become more in-depth, they often gain in scope and topics that weren't under the original scope of discussion sometimes do come into play as it evloves.

In any case, thanks for the wonderful debate, little fella. I shouldn't be nitpicking on typos... and what do you think of Peerless replacing Moulds?

You seems unable to distinguish "Moulds' performance" and "The decision of replacing Moulds by Price", where only the latter needs to take Price's performance into account. :wallbash:

Already discussed Moulds and in response to me saying Moulds moves the sticks, Ramius brought up a good point with his low 9.8 YPC. I then did some of my own research and found that among #2 receivers around the league, Moulds' numbers actually "are" a tad on the low side -- and in doing so found out that Peerless' numbers were even worse! Thus, I brought up the point. It's called a "discussion" -- and as discussions become more in-depth, they often gain in scope and topics that weren't under the original scope of discussion sometimes do come into play as it evloves.

In any case, thanks for the wonderful debate, little fella. I shouldn't be nitpicking on typos... and what do you think of Peerless replacing Moulds?

take a look back, and i have been just as critical of worthless price as i have of moulds. Moulds is old and washed up, and i dont trust PP as a #2 WR either. He can make the highlite reel catch, and then disappear. He also doesnt show much passion, and rarely this past season did he fight for a ball. I DO remember him standing around and watching a pass or 2 get picked off tho.

Moulds would have been worth keeping around at a lower price, as we tried to do. I also wouldnt mind booting peerless to the curb for an upgrade at WR #2.