Marshawn Lynch: aritcle on the cal-wash game

Mickey

This article describes Lynch's performance in an overtime win against Washington where he played on two sprained ankles. Despite being deflated after Wash tied it on a last gasp hail mary deflection, Lynch rallied his team and they got it done in OT.

Tough, angry winner. As good a receiver as he is a back. Remind you of anyone?

I trust in Marv and won't complain if he drafts defense or whatever but man, I would have no problem if he took this guy.

Marshawn Lynch

This article describes Lynch's performance in an overtime win against Washington where he played on two sprained ankles. Despite being deflated after Wash tied it on a last gasp hail mary deflection, Lynch rallied his team and they got it done in OT.

I trust in Marv and won't complain if he drafts defense or whatever but man, I would have no problem if he took this guy.

Marshawn Lynch

Yeah I definately think Thurman's leadership was underrated, here was a guy who would get in the face of Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith if he had to. I miss having guys on our team that actually cared about winning(im not talking about JP or Lee and I think we are heading into the right direction, I'm just talking about the TD era)

Marshawn Lynch

I'm with you. I'll be totally happy if we draft DL or OL or even LB with the first pick (though I think the value is better in the 2nd round for LB).

BUT I am really intrigued by Lynch. I love the way he runs, he's got the all around skills, and he's got a great presence on and off the field from what I've seen. (I'm no college football expert, though. I've only seen him a little bit, so if anyone who's watched him a lot has a different opinion, I'd be happy to hear it.)

I actually like him a lot better than Peterson. I admit that Peterson is the better pure athlete, but I'm not a big fan of RBs who rely so heavily on superior athleticism (as opposed to moves, feel, etc.). I don't think the Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson types are as effective in the long run as the guys who really move like running backs. As soon as the athleticism starts to wane a bit, they're done. Whereas a Thurman/Smith/Payton, etc. can keep on rolling. McGahee is the in the superior athlete category to me, not the born RB category. He's got great balance and strength and decent speed. But he doesn't really run like a great runner, IMO. I'm biased toward the guys that are just fun to watch like LT, or even Barber at a lesser level.

Lynch just looks like an RB to me. I haven't really liked any of the big name RBs in the draft for a few years now, but there's something about Lynch that I love. If Marv grabs him, I will be quite happy. If he doesn't, I hope he doesn't even look at RBs until the 4th round or so. Focus on the big boys in the trenches.

Speaking of angry, is there any additional word on the charges which were filed against him which someone provided a link too a couple of weeks ago.

Perhaps the situation has been dealt with or draft pundits are ignoring it for now, since as this was a felony I would suspect that he would drop like a stone on many boards because of uncertainty as to his availability (even if he is ultimately found innocent a trial would mess with his availability) and potentially be a distraction.

In any case, if character is such an issue for the Bills we might end up passing on him even if he is thought to be a good player.

the charges were dropped, i believe, so character isnt an issue.

meh, color me unimpressed with leading a comeback against Washington who ended up 5-7 (3-6 in the Pac-10)

if we draft lynch, ill put my trust im marv that he obviously knows more than any of us. and ill cheer for lynch everytime he touches the ball. BUT as of right now, i dont think hes that great and we definitely have many bigger holes to fill.