Another Offensive Line Coach?

The lost Zierlein who coached the OT's and added one to replace him.

And he's a local boy. Hails from Lockport, NY.

And get this, he's under 50!

Although I found this odd:

Kugler joined the Broncos after five years as an assistant with the Detroit Lions. He turned down job offers in Detroit and Buffalo, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family — a perk made possible by the less-strenuous college schedule.

So he turned down the Bills last year because he wanted to spend more time with the family, but now is taking the job with the Bills? I guess he had too MUCH of the family.

Be happy they landed this guy. Look at the difference he made at BS. They were probably the most fun college offense to watch all year, and their QB's jersey was squeaky clean. This is a smart, young up-and-comer who will probably take over Jim McNally's job when he retires. He'll also have a lot of insight into line talent in this draft.

Be happy they landed this guy. Look at the difference he made at BS. They were probably the most fun college offense to watch all year, and their QB's jersey was squeaky clean. This is a smart, young up-and-comer who will probably take over Jim McNally's job when he retires. He'll also have a lot of insight into line talent in this draft.

yeah....that could come in real handy to get a line coach who was just coaching a top notch oline in college...almost makes too much sense.you can definately tell marv has the bills being rebuilt properly....go bills in"07

yeah....that could come in real handy to get a line coach who was just coaching a top notch oline in college...almost makes too much sense.you can definately tell marv has the bills being rebuilt properly....go bills in"07

The articles about Kugler are very positive. he really turned around the Oline at BSU. This is a very good hire for the Bills.

Anyone else noticed that he is coming as the off. line coach, not asst line coach as Zierlien was. Has the OL coaching duties been split or has Mouse been elevated to say Asst Offensive cordinator. Or has it been decided that the task is too great and important for one guy. Or they don't have the faith in Mouse. I may have missed an announcement or something but are they both sharing the same title and if so do they both report directly to DJ or does Mouse still organize, direct the line calls.

I am satisfied with the selection although puzzled about why he didn't accept last year. Hopfully withhis new ideas and knowledge if western conference talent it will reap great rewards.

Any news around town on the title thing? Thanks

Anyone else noticed that he is coming as the off. line coach, not asst line coach as Zierlien was. Has the OL coaching duties been split or has Mouse been elevated to say Asst Offensive cordinator. Or has it been decided that the task is too great and important for one guy. Or they don't have the faith in Mouse. I may have missed an announcement or something but are they both sharing the same title and if so do they both report directly to DJ or does Mouse still organize, direct the line calls.

Word is that Zierlein handled the OT's and McNally did the other positions. I guess they'd be co-OL coaches.

I am satisfied with the selection although puzzled about why he didn't accept last year.

I'm sure Kugler was approached about the job when Mularkey was still the HC and didn't want to join a lame duck coaching staff. Even though Mularkey resigned 1/13/06 and Kugler was officially named the OL coach at BSU, he probably started talking with them soon after declining the Bills' job, and didn't want to back-out of a job in-hand.

Word is that Zierlein handled the OT's and McNally did the other positions. I guess they'd be co-OL coaches.

I am satisfied with the selection although puzzled about why he didn't accept last year.

I'm sure Kugler was approached about the job when Mularkey was still the HC and didn't want to join a lame duck coaching staff. Even though Mularkey resigned 1/13/06 and Kugler was officially named the OL coach at BSU, he probably started talking with them soon after declining the Bills' job, and didn't want to back-out of a job in-hand.

Actually Kugler was approached by Jauron to coach our TEs last season.

That reminds me, one has to wonder just how good the Bills LBs be had we didn't allow Johnny Holland to coach in Houston, as he afterall did coach the DROY in DeMeco Ryans.

Good memory/catch. But same deal. Again he probably didn't want to coach with a lame duck coach.

How is a coach in his first year with a GM that chose him considered a lame duck?

That reminds me, one has to wonder just how good the Bills LBs be had we didn't allow Johnny Holland to coach in Houston, as he afterall did coach the DROY in DeMeco Ryans.

Depends on how much of it was Holland and how much was Ryans.

How is a coach in his first year with a GM that chose him considered a lame duck?

I was talking about Mularkey, had he stayed.

should be a big help the next time we play Oklahoma