TKOs 'doctor' being investigated

Beerball

It is just him, but he has some assistants and everything," Spikes says. "He also has the hyperbaric chambers, too. So you get like full-treatment sessions. After you get the laser or the micro-current, then you go spend an hour in a hyperbaric chamber. So it is like a full-stop shop. You get everything."

When asked if the Bills are aware of the treatments Sloan performs on him, Spikes says, "I mean, he's just a regular rehab guy. So you ain't we're all grown men. You ain't got to report nothing to nobody."

My guess it the Bills may beg to differ.

Paging Doctor Sloan

As for the training Sloan says he has received, the bulk of it is from a number of distance learning programs that are not accredited in the U.S. and, in one case, is the subject of an investigation by Kentucky medical and legal authorities.
So that we don't rush to judgement:
There is no indication, however, that Sloan or any of his athletes ever used the substances. Nor have any of his athletes ever tested positive for a banned performance-enhancing substance.

The fact of the matter is that there are a few types of treatments like this that are big overseas, but our medical system is not fond of them because they do not follow the conventions that our system is built upon. The only such accepted unconventional practice is chiropractors (bad english i know). There are a few doctors in Mexico that use these unorthodox methods that are very popular among some pro athletes, but they are not as regulated as normal medical practices either.

The fact of the matter is that there are a few types of treatments like this that are big overseas, but our medical system is not fond of them because they do not follow the conventions that our system is built upon. The only such accepted unconventional practice is chiropractors (bad english i know). There are a few doctors in Mexico that use these unorthodox methods that are very popular among some pro athletes, but they are not as regulated as normal medical practices either.

The guy claims that his practices regrow tendons and ligaments.

The guy claims that his practices regrow tendons and ligaments.

yea i know what you are saying. I think either Outside the Lines or Real Sports did a piece on this stuff a year or two ago. There is also a doc in mexico that got banned from a bunch of different states in the U.S. but the athletes keep coming to. Somewhere down the line this stuff will either be completely banned or supervised by some governing agency in some form

It is just him, but he has some assistants and everything," Spikes says. "He also has the hyperbaric chambers, too. So you get like full-treatment sessions. After you get the laser or the micro-current, then you go spend an hour in a hyperbaric chamber. So it is like a full-stop shop. You get everything."

When asked if the Bills are aware of the treatments Sloan performs on him, Spikes says, "I mean, he's just a regular rehab guy. So you ain't we're all grown men. You ain't got to report nothing to nobody."

My guess it the Bills may beg to differ.

Paging Doctor Sloan

So that we don't rush to judgement:

I think a lot of medical doctors like to make sure that the $$$ stays with the medical profession. They(well a lot of them) love calling other professions quackery

I think a lot of medical doctors like to make sure that the $$$ stays with the medical profession. They(well a lot of them) love calling other professions quackery

Well.....not exactly. As a hospital employees MD (salary is independent of anything I do) I may have a different opinion about the money part---but there are plenty of patients to go around, and his treatments are supplimental to standard treatment for the ultra rich only.

This guy MAY use therapies that are beneficial, neutral, or harmful but the fact they are delivered under the veil of accepted medicine CAN be dangerous. Technically it is fraud. modern medicine certainly does not know everything. Ancient medicine has alot of validity, and that sometimes is proven when science/research looks into it (rare b/c there is not alot of $ in it)

The medicine you take daily has gone through ridiculous amounts of testing (7-10 years) to make sure that it is beneficial, and not harmful.

His techniques are not subjected to vigorous testing, so they are essentially unknown, and could be harmful. Imagine how much money this dude charges for techniques that are not proven!!!! there is research proven benefit from some (hyperbaric O2, electrical stim to healing), others may rely on a placebo effect.

If I were spending my money I'd like to know it was legit.

American culture is incredibly naive about "Natural enhancement and suppliments" Some of that stuff is dangerous, just like prescription meds, and recreational drugs.