kirk chambers signing

As per Bills website-

Well at least they finally fixed the offensive line....now they need to add help to the DL.

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN SIGNED!!

My favorite part of the article is when Bills assistant OL coach Zierlein says that he likes that Chambers, who will turn 28 this March,

doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body.

Gee....I wonder why there is no wear?

Does it bother you that the term "jumped the shark" actually jumped the shark 7.3 years ago, or will you continue to use it?

No, I'll keep using it...but only when I'm talking to a girl at a bar, or maybe during a job interview.

I still can't believe that lucky bastard Jon Hein sold that website to TV Guide for over a million bucks last year.

As per Bills website-

Well at least they finally fixed the offensive line....now they need to add help to the DL.

My favorite part of the article is when Bills assistant OL coach Zierlein says that he likes that Chambers, who will turn 28 this March,

Geez! :thumbsup:

As per Bills website-

While he's likely no more then camp fodder let's not forget that we signed Mike Gandy as a street free agent a few years ago. Also for what it's worth he has yet to give up a sack in 21 games in the NFL per his snap stats.com profile. Also in looking at his NFL.com predraft bio it sounds like his strength is pass protection. His CNNSI.com predraft bio also sounds like he'll fit right in with this summary sentence

ANALYSIS: Effectively manning the blind side at Stanford in 44 straight games, Chambers did an admirable job at the Senior Bowl and moved himself into the late rounds. A high character player, he has a chance to back up at the next level.

If this guy surprises and plays and contributes, it is a great signing. If he out performs someone else for depth on the bench, that's cool too. If he doesn't do either and is cut, it is no big deal.

Sorry we didn't sign Steinbach today, but this isn't the NBA of 12 man teams, and nobody is handing the guy the keys to the franchise. I don't think this is one of them, but if Marv works his magic and out evalutates other teams to find valuable players, we should hope we end up with a "who?" moment followed months later by "you know...that was a great signing".

I know we all want those George Castanza deals where he has a plan to get Griffey, Bonds, and Sosa all for the Yankees, and throw a million names we've heard of at us, but the better path to success as a small market team is to make value acquisitions. Chambers is probably a cut/practice squad guy, but get ready for some non-exciting but very solid pickups in the next couple months.

Not that I expect similar results, but was anybody excited when we signed jason peters?

[/quote

Yes- I was excited we signed Jason Peters.

I'm sure any draftknick will tell you the same thing.

He was expected to be drafted in the third or fourth round.

He went undrafted for a number of reasons including his wonderlic score and concern about what position he played.

After the draft he was easily one of the top ten players to go after.

Usually undrafted free agents looks to go to the team with the best opportunity and the one that offers them the most cash.

Buffalo certainly had the opportunity at o/line and tight end and he did get his cash.

FOR THE LAST TIME---GETTING PETERS WAS NOT A BRILLIANT BY DONAHOE-ANY DUMB-ASS KNOWS TO TARGET THE TOP TEN

PLAYERS THAT GO UNDRAFTED!!!

Not that I expect similar results, but was anybody excited when we signed jason peters?

[/quote

FOR THE LAST TIME---GETTING PETERS WAS NOT A BRILLIANT BY DONAHOE-ANY DUMB-ASS KNOWS TO TARGET THE TOP TEN

PLAYERS THAT GO UNDRAFTED!!!

Right and I'm sure you expected him to become the player he is. congrats. You were right once. enjoy it. As I recall he was a "project tight end" and we were clearly thinking he was worthy of a draft pick when we put him on the practice squad. As we all know...it's such a breeding ground for pro-bowlers. Maybe I'm nuts but give me a break. The retrospectacles you wear are inflating your sense of self worth. Please be sure to submit your list of future undrafted free agent pro-bowlers before they actually develop. As far as TD goes....did I even mention him? Once in a while anyone gets lucky. We got Peters. St Louis got stock boy turned MVP etc. My point is we sign players to have a role. Some are better than we could have dreamed. Some are our biggest nightmare (Mike Williams). This guy we signed is fodder for training camp and may provide depth if he makes the squad. Sounds likes what a lot of people may have said about Peters.