Donovan McNabb doubts his Eagles Future

millbank

Donovan McNabb unhappy

The franchise quarterback's unhappiness includes the fact head coach Andy Reid did not allow him to travel to the team's playoff game in New Orleans.

There is a team rule that players on injured reserve do not travel, but, c'mon, teams always treat their stars differently than they do the rest of the team. What would it have hurt to let McNabb go to the game, even if he had to sit in the owner's box with Jeffrey Lurie, if Reid did not want him on the sideline?

McNabb also may be getting a vibe that some in the organization prefer Garcia over him. Lastly he was not pleased with the way his mother, Wilma, has been portrayed by Eagles fans and the local media for her blog on his Web site in which she stated that watching the Eagles win without her son "is bittersweet."

Donovan McNabb unhappy

The franchise quarterback's unhappiness includes the fact head coach Andy Reid did not allow him to travel to the team's playoff game in New Orleans.

There is a team rule that players on injured reserve do not travel, but, c'mon, teams always treat their stars differently than they do the rest of the team. What would it have hurt to let McNabb go to the game, even if he had to sit in the owner's box with Jeffrey Lurie, if Reid did not want him on the sideline?

McNabb also may be getting a vibe that some in the organization prefer Garcia over him. Lastly he was not pleased with the way his mother, Wilma, has been portrayed by Eagles fans and the local media for her blog on his Web site in which she stated that watching the Eagles win without her son "is bittersweet."

You know, I loved McNabb in college...I hated the day he got drafted by the Eagles (one of the teams in the NFL I really don't like), but honestly, I am getting sick of hearing his whining. A lot of teams have that same rule (about injured players traveling with the team). It may be stupid, it may be silly, but it is the team rule. Surely Donovan has socked away enough money to buy his own plane ticket, and a ticket for the game?

As for the Garcia thing, it is something every athlete faces. He just has to go out and win the job, and his teammates back.

As for his mothers' portrayal! What can I say? Sure it sucks to have your mom ridiculed in public, but that is the nature of sports today...maybe Donovan should just pay his mother not to blog...

In all fairness, I realize McNabb isn't making these complaints in public, but really! He just needs to get a thicker skin. I would hate to see a promising career, by a great athlete, derailed by insecurity.

You know, I loved McNabb in college...I hated the day he got drafted by the Eagles (one of the teams in the NFL I really don't like), but honestly, I am getting sick of hearing his whining. A lot of teams have that same rule (about injured players traveling with the team). It may be stupid, it may be silly, but it is the team rule. Surely Donovan has socked away enough money to buy his own plane ticket, and a ticket for the game?

As for the Garcia thing, it is something every athlete faces. He just has to go out and win the job, and his teammates back.

As for his mothers' portrayal! What can I say? Sure it sucks to have your mom ridiculed in public, but that is the nature of sports today...maybe Donovan should just pay his mother not to blog...

In all fairness, I realize McNabb isn't making these complaints in public, but really! He just needs to get a thicker skin. I would hate to see a promising career, by a great athlete, derailed by insecurity.

They weren't complaining very much during her eight year run of Chunky Soup commercials that made her a national celeb and lined her pockets with cash and perks.

Hey, you wear the clown suit, put on the makeup and flapper shoes and people will laugh, but sooner or later when they get tired of the act they'll leave the theatre. She's fearing the day when she's not recognized and no one asks her for her autograph. She has all the lasting team loyalty of a Drew Bledsoe.

She has all the lasting team loyalty of a Drew Bledsoe.

Talking of Drew Bledsoe, what does any one thing will happen to him....I doubt he wants to be the backup QB in Dallas. Will he retire or find another starting job. If a starting job exists, where is he likely headed....If Norv Turner comes back to Dallas, will he make Bledsoe the starter or will he continue Romos education.....

Will Minnesota go after a Drew Bledsoe for the interim ?

Talking of Drew Bledsoe, what does any one thing will happen to him....I doubt he wants to be the backup QB in Dallas. Will he retire or find another starting job. If a starting job exists, where is he likely headed....If Norv Turner comes back to Dallas, will he make Bledsoe the starter or will he continue Romos education.....

Will Minnesota go after a Drew Bledsoe for the interim ?

I think Bledsoe retires. His "desire to play" has been in question for the last few years, and I don't really see him going somewhere as a backup. There may be one or two teams that would guarantee him a starting job, but how long would that last? Would Minnesota really be that much better off with Drew Bledsoe as their interim guy, than Brad Johnson at this point. Say what you will about Bledsoe, but the guy has a lot of pride. First he loses his job to an unknown, Tom Brady. Then to an inexperienced JP Losman...and then to an undrafted street free agent in Tony Romo. He has to know that his skills are diminishing by now...he doesn't need the money.

If the Eagles go with Garcia over McNabb, they'll be portrayed as a racist organization. They did look really good though with Garcia leading the team

Donovan McNabb unhappy

his mother, Wilma, has been portrayed by Eagles fans and the local media for her blog on his Web site in which she stated that watching the Eagles win without her son "is bittersweet."

Hey! Maybe she IS a racist