Clock Kept Running

For one thing the clock now restarts on an OB play before the 2:00 warning I think.

I missed the play but was Wayne possibly pushed OB backwards and teh refs called forward progress stopped in bounds(which they do when appropriate) so the clock keeps moving?

For one thing the clock now restarts on an OB play before the 2:00 warning I think.

I missed the play but was Wayne possibly pushed OB backwards and teh refs called forward progress stopped in bounds(which they do when appropriate) so the clock keeps moving?

No, that isn't what happened. He caught the ball and ran out of bounds before he was hit by an approaching defender. It didn't make any sense to me that the clock would initially stop - and then start running again. That's why I just figured it was one of those [wink]"Patriot Rules"[/wink].

That was strange to me too, seems like they would stop the clock anytime someone went out of bounds in the last 3 or 4 mins of a half.

The way the refs run the clock on those sort of plays seems inconsistent.

It probably is just anything that favors the Pats goes.

That was strange to me too, seems like they would stop the clock anytime someone went out of bounds in the last 3 or 4 mins of a half.

The way the refs run the clock on those sort of plays seems inconsistent.

It probably is just anything that favors the Pats goes.

the clock stops until they re-spot the ball, then they start it back up again. This always happens outside of 2 minutes.

I was more wary of the fact that they charged Indy a timeout for injury but didn't for the Pats when Seymour went down for an equal amount of time. But thankfully it didn't impact the game's outcome.

I thought you are charged an injury timed out only if it happens under the 2 min warning of each half.