Rex Grossman

mackey7789

He's gotta be the worst starting QB in the league. It's a shame for the Bears because with a different QB they would be a whole lot better. It's sad watching him try to lead this team to the superbowl.

Yep. Damn shame.

Yet, somehow he's on the verge of starting in the Superbowl. Whatever he's doing, he's doing enough of it to keep that team winning. It's not all about the plays, sometimes its about the other things.

Does anyone here believe for a second the Bears wouldn't have 50 points on the board if they had JP Losman? Ridiculous.

Point is, it doesn't matter. Grossman did enough (and kept himself from doing enough damage) and the Bears are going to win the game.

Yet, somehow he's on the verge of starting in the Superbowl. Whatever he's doing, he's doing enough of it to keep that team winning. It's not all about the plays, sometimes its about the other things.

Sorry, but this guy isn't a 'hold the fort' guy like Trent Dilfer. He's a distinct liability. Chicago is in the SB as a result of superior defense, superior special teams and a solid running game.

Even his one TD pass today was just him tossing it up for grabs. It took an overmatched corner and an outstanding catch by the receiver to make the play.

Take away the four turnovers -- all true 'forced' turnovers by the D -- and this is probably a Saints win.

Sorry, but this guy isn't a 'hold the fort' guy like Trent Dilfer. He's a distinct liability. Chicago is in the SB as a result of superior defense, superior special teams and a solid running game.

Even his one TD pass today was just him tossing it up for grabs. It took an overmatched corner and an outstanding catch by the receiver to make the play.

Take away the four turnovers -- all true 'forced' turnovers by the D -- and this is probably a Saints win.

Why bother? Just take away the Bears defense, WR's, RB's and pass protection. The you could really be able to pinpoint how bad Grossman really is.

Rex Grossman just wins football games.

So did Jim Miller and Shane Matthews. Doesn't mean Grossman isn't terrible.

Dude has a great arm but his awareness (him trying to run a play at the end of the quarter instead of letting the clock run out or trying to call 2 timeouts in a row) and his decision-making would scare the hell out of me if I was a Bears fan.

That said, Grossman will win me a lot of money in 2 weeks. He is a gift from the gambling gods. :(:blink:

So did Jim Miller and Shane Matthews. Doesn't mean Grossman isn't terrible.

Dude has a great arm but his awareness (him trying to run a play at the end of the quarter instead of letting the clock run out or trying to call 2 timeouts in a row) and his decision-making would scare the hell out of me if I was a Bears fan.

Detect sarcasm better plz :worthy:

That said, Grossman will win me a lot of money in 2 weeks. He is a gift from the gambling gods. :wallbash::(

Right, because Vegas doesn't take the QB's into account when setting the line. :blink:

Detect sarcasm better plz :worthy:

Right, because Vegas doesn't take the QB's into account when setting the line. :wallbash:

Well, it techinally was a true statement because he is 15-3 this year. :blink:

And the line right now is Indy -7, which is like stealing from a baby. A greedy, rich baby. :(

Point is, it doesn't matter. Grossman did enough (and kept himself from doing enough damage) and the Bears are going to win the game.

You're right, it doesn't matter. But it really is the ultimate example of the 'winning cures all ills' argument because that guy played a worse game than I'd ever seen in the clutch, a game that I think Losman is past finally, and yet he is the one whom there are still questions about among league people.

Maybe I'm wrong and the Bears are drawing up other plans at QB for next year. For now, Lovie is probably doing the right thing wrt team morale. If that switch was going to be made it should have been made a long time ago. But Grossman sucks out loud.