Bears vs. Saints (game thread)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Colston came up huge that drive. We have a game now.

As for Brown, it's funny how we forget how much he was lambasted by the fans for his play and penalties while he was here. At this point though that's a really dead issue.

I don't know if lambasted is the right word. What people are doing to Willis is "lambasting" him. Ruben never got lambasted.

Go Saints! They snatched some momentum with that last drive. Is Grossman an idiot? He seemed completely clueless that half

In Grossman's defense, it is 21 days since New Years, and less than a month until Valentine's day. How do you expect him to concentrate on a National Football League game when he has major holidays on the mind??

I don't know if lambasted is the right word. What people are doing to Willis is "lambasting" him. Ruben never got lambasted.

Then you couldn't have been here much. He got way more crap here than Willis did because it was over several years. Most of it, like Willis', IMO, was unfounded. The rodeo would go on and on and on and on about all Reuben's penalties and then one guy would actually post the number of penalties he received, which was actually low, and then the rodeo would go on and on and on about how many penalties he had. ;)

Why didn't the Saints go for 2? Make it a one score game.

A one score game now, but who knows how many more times each team is going to score and how they are going to score. WAYYYYYY too early to be playing that game. Take the point.

what was the justification for it then?

That they have been doing it this way all season long and it's worked well for them, and that you can get a LOT more accomplished during the practice time when it is indoors, and that he didn't want to disrupt them from the roll they were on, and because he didn't want to spook them about the weather or field, or... There could have been a ton of reasons. And he obviously thought about it. Certain teams do and certain teams don't.

A one score game now, but who knows how many more times each team is going to score and how they are going to score. WAYYYYYY too early to be playing that game. Take the point.

Having a chance to tie it after halftime = momentum++

Would be a risk though.

That they have been doing it this way all season long and it's worked well for them, and that you can get a LOT more accomplished during the practice time when it is indoors, and that he didn't want to disrupt them from the roll they were on, and because he didn't want to spook them about the weather or field, or... There could have been a ton of reasons. And he obviously thought about it. Certain teams do and certain teams don't.

IIRC, the Bills never practiced outdooors, even during the glory years. I believe Thurman told his Dolphin teammates this before their game in Buffalo to motivate them.

Then you couldn't have been here much. He got way more crap here than Willis did because it was over several years. Most of it, like Willis', IMO, was unfounded. The rodeo would go on and on and on and on about all Reuben's penalties and then one guy would actually post the number of penalties he received, which was actually low, and then the rodeo would go on and on and on about how many penalties he had. ;)

That was me who posted his actual numbers. I went through every game and his number of penalties was something like 8/season. But he sucks for costing us 40-80 yards/season, as opposed to the crappy guard play we've had since then.

Alas, my words fell upon deaf ears for the most part. Glad at least one person remembered though.

Having a chance to tie it after halftime = momentum++

Would be a risk though.

Sure it would be nice to make it a one score game, but I really think it's risky to start playing that game too early. You miss the conversions and you are chasing those points back the rest of the day.