So we ended the game with a timeout left

We get the ball with 56 seconds left and a timeout on our own 35. Only 40 yards to go to get into FG range.

Drew takes an awful sack. THEN THEY DON'T CALL TIMEOUT! By the time the next play is over there are what, 15 seconds left???

All the throws are in the middle of the field, not a sideline in sight.

Bad.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We get the ball with 56 seconds left and a timeout on our own 35.  Only 40 yards to go to get into FG range.

Drew takes an awful sack.  THEN THEY DON'T CALL TIMEOUT!  By the time the next play is over there are what, 15 seconds left???

All the throws are in the middle of the field, not a sideline in sight.

Bad.

64136[/snapback]

Agreed. I was screaming for a TO too. I understand they'd "like" to have one left to set up the FG, but you can't let 25 seconds run off the clock after a sack when you've only got 55 seconds left.

We were saving it for when/if we got into field goal range.  :doh:

64154[/snapback]

That may have been the original intention, however.......you have to improvise as the game dictates. With the sack.....the TO should have been called immediately, thus saving many precious seconds.

It was some of the worst clock management/situational management I've ever seen, and you have to put it on MM's head, because he's ultimately responsible. I hate to say that cuz I really like Mike, but he hasn't shown me anything yet. He's shown me what Gilbride and Williams showed us. Is anyone going to argue that?

Bledsoe really screwed that up by taking that sack. Be prepared for the situation. Be ready to move and shuffle and buy yourself time.

Oh, he can't do that?

WELL THEN WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT BLEDSOE IS A LIABILITY?

Because he made a couple nice throws?! HELLOOOO...every QB DOES! And most of them do it more often than he does! That's his job! That's what's EXPECTED of him.

Mental mistakes like that from a 12 year veteran? UNACCEPTABLE.

ANyone here think Brady would have done that?

Bledsoe: Belichick's Trojan Horse

That may have been the original intention, however.......you have to improvise as the game dictates. With the sack.....the TO should have been called immediately, thus saving many precious seconds.

64160[/snapback]

And what would have happened had we completed a pass to put us in fg range, only not to have our timeout. Then people would be bitching that we used it then.

I don't see a problem with it.

And what would have happened had we completed a pass to put us in fg range, only not to have our timeout. Then people would be bitching that we used it then.

64165[/snapback]

More time for passes to the sideline or endzone.

:doh:

64165[/snapback]

Umm, because if we had "needed" the TO to stop the clock when we were in FG range and had already used it after the sack it would have been obvious to us that they never would have gotten into FG range had they not called the TO after the sack...

Agreed.  I was screaming for a TO too.  I understand they'd "like" to have one left to set up the FG, but you can't let 25 seconds run off the clock after a sack when you've only got 55 seconds left.

64157[/snapback]

True, but I (sarcasticaly) think they figured that if they got into FG range, it would take DB 5 seconds after the snap to concentrate on one patch of turf and then spike the ball...

Umm, because if we had "needed" the TO to stop the clock when we were in FG range and had already used it after the sack it would have been obvious to us that they never would have gotten into FG range had they not called the TO after the sack...

64171[/snapback]

Are you drinking?