Bledsoe earned a break this week...

Buftex

As disappointing (again) as todays' game against the Jets was, none of this loss belongs at the feet of Bledsoe. I think he played his best game, all the way around, since week 2 of last season. He played with some previously lacking fire, and made a bunch of great throws. He had little chance on any of the sacks he took, and made an emphetic point of protectiong the ball. We still have receivers prone toward drops (Reed, Shaw), and the O-line was simply outplayed for stretches of todays' game. Funny, though, when it didn't look lousy, the O-line looked very good...

The biggest blame for this loss belongs with the defense. They had a handful of big plays, and opposite the O-line, the D-line had about 5 great plays, and was miserable the rest of the game. Chad Pennington had as much time as he needed to throw the ball in the first half. Randy Cross was right (much as I can't stand to listen to him) the Bills abandoned the blitz in the first half, most likely to protect the secondary. It didn't work.

Not to make excuses, maybe it is some of the injuries mounting up, but the secondary was awful most of the game. I thik Prileou got jobbed by the refs a few times (that personal foul looked to me, like Prileou was reacting to what he thought was a fumble- he is not a dirty player), and the interference call in the end-zone was BS.

I give some kudos to the defense for cutting down on the silly celebrations after every play. Fletcher had a strong game, and no stupid penalties that I remember. Unfortuantely, as a unit, they just could not stop the Jets on third down. Very disappointing.

It is encouraging to see that Lee Evans is starting to look like a first round pick, and I was glad to see Willis McGahee get most of the carries in the second half. It's about time we see if this guy can play. Still looking to see Henry and McGahee in the game at the same time, a little more. I was also encouraged to see Shelton and the tight ends factor into the offense. I know we only scored 14 points, but the offense really played a patient, intelligent game today. As great as the td pass from Bledsoe to Evans was, I never really doubted the defense would let the Jets drive the ball down to score.

I realized early in the 3rd quarter, that I wasn't getting pissed, throwing things at the screen, or swearing out loud. I was fairly certain the Bills would lose when the score was 13-0, got kind of excited when they took the lead, but knew, with 3 minutes left, we would lose. I can trace the first point at which I became a Bills fan who has accepted losing, to about mid-way through the 3rd quarter. I am just not going to let this Bills team ruin any more weeks for me. Oh, I'll watch, and root for them to win, but I have come to expect nothing from them. Next year can't come soon enough.....

Oh yeah, we WILL beat the Dolphins next week! :doh:

Drew has played rather well this year. The haters would emphatically disagree even tho the major problems lie elsewhere. Hell, he's not throwing stupid picks anymore!

I'm rather shocked that WM has not been in the backfield with TH alot more thus far. I wonder why that is. Obviously, we need a better pass blocker than Travis but we do nothing to compensate for this.

0 rushing TDs in 4 week?

Who is the problem here?

I don't think its our QB.

64139[/snapback]

You don't have to be the only problem to be a problem. Drew is a problem...so are our run blocking, blitz pickups and mind boggling penalties. Just because these other things are also problems does not mean Drew is blame free.

As disappointing (again) as todays' game against the Jets was, none of this loss belongs at the feet of Bledsoe.  I think he played his best game, all the way around, since week 2 of last season.  He played with some previously lacking fire, and made a bunch of great throws. He had little chance on any of the sacks he took, and made an emphetic point of protectiong the ball.  We still have receivers prone toward drops (Reed, Shaw), and the O-line was simply outplayed for stretches of todays' game.  Funny, though, when it didn't look lousy, the O-line looked very good...

The biggest blame for this loss belongs with the defense.  They had a handful of big plays, and opposite the O-line, the D-line had about 5 great plays, and was miserable the rest of the game. Chad Pennington had as much time as he needed to throw the ball in the first half.  Randy Cross was right (much as I can't stand to listen to him) the Bills abandoned the blitz in the first half, most likely to protect the secondary.  It didn't work.

64067[/snapback]

Lets assume that you are right, and that was Bledsoe's best game in over a year. The offense scored 14 points. What does that tell you? Think about that for a minute, seriously. Bad OL or not, it's not the worst in the league (if you disagree then you didn't watch the Browns-Steelers game today).

The defense could've played better in the clutch, but they didn't COMPLETELY choke today IMO. They gave up one TD, and the Posey int was clutch because it brought them from on the verge of getting blown out to taking the lead. Also, holding the Jets to a FG at the end was big, because another 1st down and our offense wouldn't have even had a chance at the end.

The defense could've played better in the clutch, but they didn't COMPLETELY choke today IMO.  They gave up one TD, and the Posey int was clutch because it brought them from on the verge of getting blown out to taking the lead.  Also, holding the Jets to a FG at the end was big, because another 1st down and our offense wouldn't have even had a chance at the end.

64274[/snapback]

You are right, the D didn't completely choke (a few sacsk, a couple fo heavy rushes, a few turnovers), but they were brutal on third downs, which to me, is one of the greatest indicators of how well a Defense really is. On third down, the defense should have a pretty good idea what the offense will do. If they can't stop it, it usually means the other team is toying with them, and is just plain better. See our offense most weeks...

Drew was very statuesque on some of those sacks,

but I have to admit I was impressed with him

coming back from a 13-0 deficit to take the lead so quickly.

Though the thing that really put a smile on my face

was seeing JP fired up on the sideline. <_<

You are right, the D didn't completely choke (a few sacsk, a couple fo heavy rushes, a few turnovers), but they were brutal on third downs, which to me, is one of the greatest indicators of how well a Defense really is.  On third down, the defense should have a pretty good idea what the offense will do. If they can't stop it, it usually means the other team is toying with them, and is just plain better.  See our offense most weeks...

64980[/snapback]

Exactly..... How many times did Chrebet need to convert a 3rd and long before we glued someone to him????