MILLLL-ERRRRRR!!!

Kelly the Dog

Did not see it...but just installed XM radio this weekend and going to lunch soon here non the west coast to listen to the 3rd period :blink:

Just unbelievable. Even the Bruin announcers said that was likely the best save made all season by anyone, and they are as big a couple of homers as anyone anywhere.

Just unbelievable. Even the Bruin announcers said that was likely the best save made all season by anyone, and they are as big a couple of homers as anyone anywhere.

Awesome!! I will be sure to look for highlights or just hope someone puts that save on youtube....was it a breakway opportunity?

Thomas had a save just as good on the other end in the 3rd. He was out of the net and was racing back in and slid face first into the net while blindly holding up his stick, and made the save. I think RJ and Lorenz already had their mouths full with Miller so they didn't really give Thomas his due.

What a game though. Frasier let them play and the goalies did their part. That is how hockey should be played. I love Roy doing his Shi-tzu impression on Chara and getting swatted away. Good stuff.

It was a 2-on-1 that turned into a 3-on-1 with the trailer looking at an empty net...Miller slid to his right, then back left, then to the right again to make a mid-air stick save...UN-FRIGGIN-REAL

I was at this game...we had blue line seats at the Sabres' end for this shot. Incredible save. The entire house thought it was goal and was stunned when Miller made the save.

Thomas had a save just as good on the other end in the 3rd. He was out of the net and was racing back in and slid face first into the net while blindly holding up his stick, and made the save. I think RJ and Lorenz already had their mouths full with Miller so they didn't really give Thomas his due.

I still haven't seen a replay to convince me that the puck would've gone in if Thomas hadn't gotten back in the net.

Anyway, those two saves are great examples of why Miller is far better goalie than Tim Thomas. Thomas has made a few saves like that over the last season and a half and they're almost all the result of him being out of position. He has to make that crazy diving play over and over again because he's caught so far out of the net over and over. They had a video running at the arena yesterday of a bunch of them that showed a bunch of these. Yes, they're great saves, but more often than not, that puck ends up in the net. There's a reason why Thomas is has a GAA over 3 and a save percentage hovering around .9

I still haven't seen a replay to convince me that the puck would've gone in if Thomas hadn't gotten back in the net.

Anyway, those two saves are great examples of why Miller is far better goalie than Tim Thomas. Thomas has made a few saves like that over the last season and a half and they're almost all the result of him being out of position. He has to make that crazy diving play over and over again because he's caught so far out of the net over and over. They had a video running at the arena yesterday of a bunch of them that showed a bunch of these. Yes, they're great saves, but more often than not, that puck ends up in the net. There's a reason why Thomas is has a GAA over 3 and a save percentage hovering around .9

I had it on DVR and rewound it because it went about 3 minutes of play before a whistle. If the puck went into the crowd off of the save maybe they would have replayed it and talked about it. It was headed mid-upper right hand corner and he got the stick up, saving the goal. I'm not saying Thomas is better than Miller, but he was better than him yesterday.

I had it on DVR and rewound it because it went about 3 minutes of play before a whistle. If the puck went into the crowd off of the save maybe they would have replayed it and talked about it. It was headed mid-upper right hand corner and he got the stick up, saving the goal. I'm not saying Thomas is better than Miller, but he was better than him yesterday.

Better yesterday? I don't know about that one. Both goalies had just about the same night. The only difference being that Buffalo didn't really bother to exploit Thomas' glaring weaknesses in the shootout.

Anyway, I had to go on my mini rant since I live in Boston. I never understand all the praise Thomas gets. It's a classic case of over-valuing the hometown players.

Better yesterday? I don't know about that one. Both goalies had just about the same night. The only difference being that Buffalo didn't really bother to exploit Thomas' glaring weaknesses in the shootout.

Anyway, I had to go on my mini rant since I live in Boston. I never understand all the praise Thomas gets. It's a classic case of over-valuing the hometown players.

Me too in Buffalo! And I want the team to win. Miller does take great angles and limits rebounds, but until we hoist a cup, I am not sold he is anything but a top 10 guy.