Hey LT

I guess I am just dumb.....oh well better give back those college degrees.

If you think that college degrees are proof of intelligence, then maybe you really are dumb.

How did they know Brady was great in 2001? Or weren't they protecting him then?

I think 2001 was the year that they decided a 6throundpick and a surly coach in a cut-up sweatshirt should be the face of the league so they made them dispose of the umarketable Drew Bledsoe and beat that boring Rams team.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to best explain this..... The refs are told to "ensure" that the marque players are not injured. They protect players such as Brady. So when the OL holds the player in order to minimize the potential for injury, the do not throw the flag. When you give a QB enough time to throw the ball, he has a higher probability for success. Other players get the same treatement. If Reggie Bush was in the league another 4-5 yrs, that hit on him would have yielded a fine at the least.

this is the funniest sh-- I have read in a while...so your main case is the Steelers last year...did the NFL have a hand in the Palmer injury? Did they try to cover their tracks there by basically giving Indy EVERY call in the Pit/Indy game last year, including the worst call ever(Pollawallmalla INT that was reversed), and Bettis fumbling on the 1.....really keep this sh-- coming..I am very entertained by it at work today....

this is the funniest sh-- I have read in a while...so your main case is the Steelers last year...did the NFL have a hand in the Palmer injury? Did they try to cover their tracks there by basically giving Indy EVERY call in the Pit/Indy game last year, including the worst call ever(Pollawallmalla INT that was reversed), and Bettis fumbling on the 1.....really keep this sh-- coming..I am very entertained by it at work today....

I will admit I am wrong if the Saints do not win the SB....I will stop this because it is clear that nobody here looks at the bigger pitcure of the game.

The SB in 2001 is the year I give the Pats credit.

I have whole new respect for the referees. Apparently, a lot of these bad calls were the right calls all along, because they were told to make them. All at the exact right time to ensure some outcomes, and all the while having to keep second jobs as a front even though they are being paid off by the NFL to keep their mouths shut about the fixes. These guys are good.

I will admit I am wrong if the Saints do not win the SB....I will stop this because it is clear that nobody here looks at the bigger pitcure of the game.

The SB in 2001 is the year I give the Pats credit.

Please explain the Steelers road to the Super Bowl they were given

I will stop this because it is clear that nobody here looks at the bigger pitcure of the game.

Yes, the rest of us small-minded marks can only admire your superior intellect and the unique wisdom with which only you have been blessed. :thumbdown:

Big Ben and Bill Cowhers are pretty boys, very handsome men, and the NFL wanted them to be the face of the league.

And then when Ben mashed his handsome grill in the bike accident he fell out of favor, hence his league-promulgated downfall........

Big Ben and Bill Cowhers are pretty boys, very handsome men, and the NFL wanted them to be the face of the league.

this is what I heard...the NFL fixed the Super Bowl for the Stillers last year..Big Ben got bombed at a keg party at penn St over the summer and told some kids about how it went down....Paul Taglibue found out anout this and was pissed...Tags was really the person that ran him over..trying to shut him up...a winess spotted this, which resulted in him having to resign and goodell taking over....still pissed the NFL decided to railroad the Steelers all season and give their bias back to the Pats....when Cohwer found out about this he quit...it really is simple to follow...now that Steve has shown me the way....

this is what I heard...the NFL fixed the Super Bowl for the Stillers last year..Big Ben got bombed at a keg party at penn St over the summer and told some kids about how it went down....Paul Taglibue found out anout this and was pissed...Tags was really the person that ran him over..trying to shut him up...a winess spotted this, which resulted in him having to resign and goodell taking over....still pissed the NFL decided to railroad the Steelers all season and give their bias back to the Pats....when Cohwer found out about this he quit...it really is simple to follow...now that Steve has shown me the way....

So then was it the league that talked Bettis out of retirement the year before?

That could very well be true. But I have heard that there was a lot of face slapping with leather gloves at the NFL meetings this year because there is a contingent that wants to make sure the Patriots win, and another contingent that says the Saints must win. First the league paid a doctor to ruin Culpepper's leg so Saban would chose him over Brees and then convinced the Texans to draft Stupor Mario over Bush so the Saints could win. And then all of the NFL officials that went out and threatened these people so this would happen found out that the Patriots were now supposed to win, AGAIN, they weren't happy. This could all come out in a tell all book soon.

Yes, the rest of us small-minded marks can only admire your superior intellect and the unique wisdom with which only you have been blessed. :thumbdown:

Simon, I wish I could take credit for it...but I too was naive. I read an excellent blog that chronicled professional sports from 1960-2005. The author gave about 20 or so examples of how sports in America evolved. The one that stuck in my mind was the evolution of the NFL from the merger of the AFL and NFL. I wish I could remember the statistics about how strong the correlation was between market size and appearances on MNF in the 70's and 80's and how it changed in the 90's. In the 90's the MNF schedule was based on winning percentages the year prior and not market size (makes sense to me). Unfortunately MNF ratings went down. They changed the booth personnel to no avail. He asserts, and I just happen to agree, that in the late 90's the NFL decided to market the marque players (not the best players) to sell it to the masses. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, and maybe it is..but when you see underdogs winning a high percentage of the games, you have to wonder what is going on.

I wish I could take credit for it...but I too was naive. I read an excellent blog
Gee, is there realy a blog that can cure my terminal naivete?

The internet truly is a wonderous place!

the NFL decided to market the marque players (not the best players) to sell it to the masses. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory

A professional sports league marketing marquee players? A concept so novel it could only be a conspiracy theory!

when you see underdogs winning a high percentage of the games, you have to wonder what is going on.

So far this postseason the only underdog I have seen win was Seattle over Dallas. Obviously the NFL sees the upside in pushing the Seattle market over the tiny Cowboys fanbase.

Please explain the Steelers road to the Super Bowl they were given

I totally agree with you about that Colts game...Steelers were almost robbed but then Tin Man and Vanderchoke took care of the rest....

As for the Super Bowl 40...that was the most rigged Super Bowl since Super Bowl 3...Bettis homecoming, Steelers terrible towels etc....

Simon, I wish I could take credit for it...but I too was naive. I read an excellent blog that chronicled professional sports from 1960-2005. The author gave about 20 or so examples of how sports in America evolved. The one that stuck in my mind was the evolution of the NFL from the merger of the AFL and NFL. I wish I could remember the statistics about how strong the correlation was between market size and appearances on MNF in the 70's and 80's and how it changed in the 90's. In the 90's the MNF schedule was based on winning percentages the year prior and not market size (makes sense to me). Unfortunately MNF ratings went down. They changed the booth personnel to no avail. He asserts, and I just happen to agree, that in the late 90's the NFL decided to market the marque players (not the best players) to sell it to the masses. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, and maybe it is..but when you see underdogs winning a high percentage of the games, you have to wonder what is going on.

I don't have any statistics about this but I would bet anything that your average football fan across the country would rather see Peyton Manning win than Tom Brady, and Tony Dungy over Bill Belicheck. And what was happening with these Baltimore Ravens? Did the NFL really want to promote Ray Lewis and Trent Dilfer as the face of the league? Brad Johnson and Warren Sapp and Jon Gruden? And what about all the money? Marketing is money. Why isn't New York winning these games, surely they could make more money from the big cities, I mean, marketing is all about money not popularity.

I totally agree with you about that Colts game...Steelers were almost robbed but then Tin Man and Vanderchoke took care of the rest....

As for the Super Bowl 40...that was the most rigged Super Bowl since Super Bowl 3...Bettis homecoming, Steelers terrible towels etc....

tin Man?