Hey LT

I think you are missing the point. Did anyone here think that New Orleans had a shot at the playoffs when the season started? Did anyone here think if they made the playoffs they would be a #2 seed? The NFL is showing it compassion to the people of New Orleans....that is the story line.

You're right. All this time I thought it was fair competition. I think I'll stick to watching cricket where there is clearly no bias from the league owners.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WATCH the football games folks....there is no way that you can watch and not know that the games are fixed. It is like WWE. The outcome is known before...the entertainment is how we get there. When New Orleans wins the Super Bowl this season...ask yourself why. Just like I asked myself how PIttsburgh won last season!

as popular as the nfl is...with the microscope these guys are under...with 1,000,001 uncontrollable variables going down on each and every play that could conceivably affect the outcome?

you really think the nfl would kill the golden goose by pissing around with outcomes of games when it has so may rabid fans and makes millions and billions of dollars each year no matter WHO is in the playoffs?

if the 12 smallest markets in the league made it to the playoffs every year, and 2 smallest played for the title, they would still make obscene amounts of money. there is no need to mess with that.

every once in awhile a post comes along that is so non-sensical that it reminds me i really need to get back to work...thanks.

You're right. All this time I thought it was fair competition. I think I'll stick to watching cricket where there is clearly no bias from the league owners.

That was your first mistake :thumbdown:

Does anyone think that Pittsburgh won the SB last year? I keep going back to how the Seahawks were hosed in the SB last year and it made me realize that this NFL is a joke as a sports league...but it is a great entertainment value.

I think you are missing the point. Did anyone here think that New Orleans had a shot at the playoffs when the season started? Did anyone here think if they made the playoffs they would be a #2 seed? The NFL is showing it compassion to the people of New Orleans....that is the story line.

You know, on second thought, I think you may have a point. Remember that 2002 Super Bowl between the Jets and tha Giants that went into triple overtime? That was awesome!

as popular as the nfl is...with the microscope these guys are under...with 1,000,001 uncontrollable variables going down on each and every play that could conceivably affect the outcome?

you really think the nfl would kill the golden goose by pissing around with outcomes of games when it has so may rabid fans and makes millions and billions of dollars each year no matter WHO is in the playoffs?

if the 12 smallest markets in the league made it to the playoffs every year, and 2 smallest played for the title, they would still make obscene amounts of money. there is no need to mess with that.

every once in awhile a post comes along that is so non-sensical that it reminds me i really need to get back to work...thanks.

Jester...help me here...how exactly did the NFL surplant MLB as the #1 sport in the USA?

That was your first mistake :rolleyes:

Does anyone think that Pittsburgh won the SB last year? I keep going back to how the Seahawks were hosed in the SB last year and it made me realize that this NFL is a joke as a sports league...but it is a great entertainment value.

:thumbdown:

That was your first mistake :thumbdown:

when I thought that your posts could not contain any more nonsense..you pull off the hat trick...are you really this dumb or are you just trying to push some buttons today? Please tell me it is the 2nd and I will applaud you for a job well done

Jester...help me here...how exactly did the NFL surplant MLB as the #1 sport in the USA?

baseball killed itself by allowing competitive inequity to occur the small and large markets.

the nfl creatred a set of rules (slary cap) that leveled the playing field.

that's a lot different from micromanaging the games themselves.

baseball killed itself by allowing competitive inequity to occur the small and large markets.

the nfl creatred a set of rules (slary cap) that leveled the playing field.

that's a lot different from micromanaging the games themselves.

I learned it was called marketing. The NFL figure out how to market its players to the masses. It found players like Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Namath, Brady, Manning (notice QBs) and brought them to the main stream America. Once you bring these guys to the main stream America, they have to win otherwise people will not buy the products they endorse. That is the story....I guess I am a group of 1 that see the NFL as a marketing entity and not a sports league.

when I thought that your posts could not contain any more nonsense..you pull off the hat trick...are you really this dumb or are you just trying to push some buttons today? Please tell me it is the 2nd and I will applaud you for a job well done

I guess I am just dumb.....oh well better give back those college degrees.

I learned it was called marketing. The NFL figure out how to market its players to the masses. It found players like Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Namath, Brady, Manning (notice QBs) and brought them to the main stream America. Once you bring these guys to the main stream America, they have to win otherwise people will not buy the products they endorse. That is the story....I guess I am a group of 1 that see the NFL as a marketing entity and not a sports league.

Okay, just for laughs, answer me this question:

1] How is it possible that most every year, when the NFL has to pay out millions and millions to the players and referees to throw the games so the right teams and players win, how come not one story has ever come out about it? Not even one unsubstantiated rumor. Not one guy ever, when he was drunk, or cut, was going to spill the beans? Or one player or coach that had to lose so another player or coach could win and be the face of the league ever complained "How come HE gets to win?! I wanna win! How come I always have to lose?!!"

Okay, just for laughs, answer me this question:

1] How is it possible that most every year, when the NFL has to pay out millions and millions to the players and referees to throw the games so the right teams and players win, how come not one story has ever come out about it? Not even one unsubstantiated rumor. Not one guy ever, when he was drunk, or cut, was going to spill the beans? Or one player or coach that had to lose so another player or coach could win and be the face of the league ever complained "How come HE gets to win?! I wanna win! How come I always have to lose?!!"

THE PLAYERS and COACHES are not fixing games. I am not saying the games are fixed...I am saying the NFL is marketing via the referees and other officials. I expect a tell all book to come out on this subject just like Jose Canseco wrote it on steriod use.

THE PLAYERS and COACHES are not fixing games. I am not saying the games are fixed...I am saying the NFL is marketing via the referees and other officials. I expect a tell all book to come out on this subject just like Jose Canseco wrote it on steriod use.

I must be some kind of neanderfuk. I still don't understand. How exactly is the NFL ensuring these outcomes via the Refs and other officials without fixing the games?

I must be some kind of neanderfuk. I still don't understand. How exactly is the NFL ensuring these outcomes via the Refs and other officials without fixing the games?

How to best explain this..... The refs are told to "ensure" that the marque players are not injured. They protect players such as Brady. So when the OL holds the player in order to minimize the potential for injury, the do not throw the flag. When you give a QB enough time to throw the ball, he has a higher probability for success. Other players get the same treatement. If Reggie Bush was in the league another 4-5 yrs, that hit on him would have yielded a fine at the least.

So the refs made sure the Pats, Bears, Saints and Colts all won this weekend? What penalties/calls can you point to that supports your agrument? I thought the refereeing was fair, I didn't see any team get hosed on any calls.

If the Saints fail to win the Superbowl this year will you come back here and admit your conspiracy theory was just plain silly?

How to best explain this..... The refs are told to "ensure" that the marque players are not injured. They protect players such as Brady. So when the OL holds the player in order to minimize the potential for injury, the do not throw the flag. When you give a QB enough time to throw the ball, he has a higher probability for success. Other players get the same treatement. If Reggie Bush was in the league another 4-5 yrs, that hit on him would have yielded a fine at the least.

How did they know Brady was great in 2001? Or weren't they protecting him then?