What did the Pats do today to keep your hate up?

ajflutie

Sure, we all like to hate em. And its been easy. Seem like they get all the calls, all the breaks, they are what we want to be (winners), etc. But I have to say that I think Brady played a crappy game but probably one of his best when it counted if that makes sense. 3 ints but clutch when he needed to be. And he always looks sooo damn calm. You gotta respect him I think.

On the other hand, SD looked like fools. Rivers flopping on the NE offside play was foul. LT snubbing congratulations from NE players and running off seems child like.

Just saying, NE deserved it, sure SD blew chances but they had help. And no matter what, as keepthefaith posts elsewhere, NE doesnt have drug users, criminals or other losers to my knowledge.

QUOTE(keepthefaith @ Jan 14 2007, 11:03 PM) *

The negative sentiment toward the Patriots is a little much. The Bills really aspire to be just like them. Good characters guys, play like a team and stay out of jail, court and the tabloids. Maintain a high level of play year over year and don't overpay your free agents. Draft well. You have to admire what they do. Here's to hoping the Bills can crack that code.

I'll never be happy until we can supplant the patriots. So yes I hate them. I think they're one of the more talented teams in the league defensively and their qb, but until we get to where they are or at least until we can win the afc east I will hate the top dog in the yard. Call it envy or whatever. I consider it being a fan of of a team in the afc east. Same would go if it was the jets or dolphins.

And this question for the next week:"who would you rather have?"

yeah..i run through this all the time when brady and manning meet, but seeing as manning has never really won the big game and brady has 3 rings, you gotta go brady.

The only Patriot bitching on this board that bothers me is the whining about the media attention. Frankly they've gotten less attention than they deserve given the success they've had - I mean if Dallas or Miami had won 3 SB's this decade it would be much much worse. It's a joke that people write them off after virtually every reg. season loss: "They don't have enough WR's" - as if that's ever stopped them from winning before.

It sucks that the internet, 6 espn's & nfl network weren't around during the Bills SB runs, but that doesn't really fall into the conspiracy category.

However, I am part of the "they have an extraordinary track record of being lucky as hell" camp. That seems like an obvious point that only the biggest NE homers could deny.

The 4 things that pissed me off about today.

1. Brady had an intentional grounding that was not called....the pass NEVER got passed the LOS, that is a penalty.

2. The left tackle continually tackling SD defense men without ANY calls for holding.

3. The BLANTANT hit on Rivers (yes he was pushed, but did he need to head but him?).

4. The personal foul call when the Pats player hit the CB from SD. Yes, the CB was jawing at him, but why can he hit the player and have the plenty on the SD CB?

1. Brady had an intentional grounding that was not called....the pass NEVER got passed the LOS, that is a penalty.

On busted-up screens, you can throw at the receiver's feet, even if he's behind the LOS.

3. The BLANTANT hit on Rivers (yes he was pushed...

There's no rule against getting pushed into another player, and there shouldn't be one, since its out of the player's control.

4. The personal foul call when the Pats player hit the CB from SD. Yes, the CB was jawing at him, but why can he hit the player and have the plenty on the SD CB?

The CB from SD head-butted the Pats player.

On busted-up screens, you can throw at the receiver's feet, even if he's behind the LOS.

There was no eligible receiver within 10 yds...

There's no rule against getting pushed into another player, and there shouldn't be one, since its out of the player's control.

The CB from SD head-butted the Pats player.

He was pushed...but instead of running into him (or being pushed into him)...he went for the head and that is a flag.

He did make contact helmet to helmet...but Rivers finished it off by doing his best Derrick Roy impression he could muster. That's why they didn't make the call...plus the fact he didn't make multiple gang signs before he hit him like the SD kid did.

They used to get the calls, but these guys are just that good. Smart guys all around....it's a simple formula. Did you notice they were playing their 3rd string back the majority of the game? I stopped thinking they were lucky a few years ago. The Bills need more of that instinctive intelligence.

VERY obvious....they won.

Yeah, I had this conversation with the in-laws, who are pats fans. If the Pats sucked, like the Dolphins, I wouldn't hate them nearly as much. Instead they get handed a win by the freaking Chargers, I kick in the dishwasher door, screamed down my in-laws for gloating and now my wife isn't talking to me. Whatcha gonna do? :thumbdown:

It's simple they were owned yesterday for most of the game, their team isn't nearly as talented as the Chargers who have a lot more size, and speed. The Patriots had no right winning that game, but they got a couple of HUGE breaks in the second half and came back to win it. All everyone talks about is how good the Patriots are and seeing as how we're in their division and we're competing with them every single year, and we have to hear about the same sh-- every year, it's easy to hate them.

-um ok their coach is a glorified gym teacher, who would wear a hoodie to his sons wedding.

-Their fans are some of the worst in the league.

-Their not from Boston

-Tom Brady dated and dumped my sister.

-The Nfl invents rules to help them.

-Bellicheck dosn't acknowledge other coaches, even the ones he has worked with.

-Their fans are the worst in the league.

-They play in the AFC east.

-Harrison is one of the dirtiest players in the league, and has ended many of a career with illegal hits.

-Their QB is the face of the league and gets the benifit of calls by the ref's.

-They are from the same general area as the RED SOCKS.

-They have some of the highest ticket prices in the league.

-The Bills have been robbed of the game by the ref's while palying the Pats at least three times.

-Tom Brady has been known to abuse children and the mentally challenged.

Thats all that I have time to list..Oh yeah their fans are the worst in the league