Mike Greenberg would take Brady over Montana

Willis990

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Brady as well. While Montana was the top guy of his era, IMO he was more of a "system" QB than Brady.

Sysytem QB???lol...thats why he played so well at age 38 with a bunch of junk in Kansas City.

Brady is great...but you cant say anyone is BETTER than Montana---especially in big games.He was otherworldly in big situations.

Montana DID have better talent around him--I agree...but he also had better teams he had to play against since it was pre-salary cap.

The fact that Brady is mentioned in the same sentences as Montana is a great compliment to Brady.

When Brady marched down the field completey colly and calmly in that Raider game(after he F U M B L E D ) I knew the guy was something special.He was in a zone--no panic at all---that few QBs achieve.

I heard Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike this AM say he would take Brady over Montana in a big game. What do you guys think? I would take Montana now but if Brady wins one more then I would go with Brady.

Firstly greeny would rather take it up the ying yang. Montana is so much better than Brady will ever be

Montana DID have better talent around him--I agree...but he also had better teams he had to play against since it was pre-salary cap.

Excellent point. Give the Pats credit for their titles, but have they beaten a single great team in the past 5 years?

The NFC of Montana's era had some dominating teams going up against each other every year in the playoffs.

Excellent point. Give the Pats credit for their titles, but have they beaten a single great team in the past 5 years?

The NFC of Montana's era had some dominating teams going up against each other every year in the playoffs.

Not to mention HOF coaches. The only one of this era who can still coach, is Shanahan, and Brady has a 1-9 record against him.

Still, 1-9 is pretty impressive when he's only faced Shanahan six times.

Brady isn't even bound by rules of math.

I had heard 1-9. Still, 1-5 makes the point.

Imagine if Brady had to also face Belichick.

But hey, The Great One will get a chance to prove he was the reason they win, by winning another SB without Weis, Crennel, and especially Vinatieri. Can he do it? Stay tuned.