WR?

MetsBills

Depends on what is available. If Fletcher is gone then a MLB shoulb be our top proirity. We still are in desperate need of a #2 WR.

I think Price is more than adequate as a #2 WR. JP did not look his direction very much until the latter part of the season, this is understandable as JP was developing and growing out of always opting for Evans first. Price will have a very big year next year (I'm not saying 1000 yards but I see him as a playmaker as JP develops more)

Peerless made some huge catches this year, did not record many drops (I bet the number is less than 3) and the only reason that his YPC average was low because he was mainly used as a west coast style receiver, many catches underneath with very limited opportunity to add extra yards.

......That being said, DT must be addressed immediately with 2 or 3 guys not just one. Tripplett is a second tier guy, McCargo an unknown, Anderson a sloth and Williams does not look like starting material (if the goal is to be more than mediocre)......

How many DTs do you think we'll fit on the 53 man roster? Only Anderson will be replaced at this point. Tripplett & Williams are certainly back next season & I can't see us cutting a 1st round pick(McCargo) unless his injury was major. We will only get 1 DT this off-season. That is why it's sooooo important he be a stud player.

How many DTs do you think we'll fit on the 53 man roster? Only Anderson will be replaced at this point. Tripplett & Williams are certainly back next season & I can't see us cutting a 1st round pick(McCargo) unless his injury was major. We will only get 1 DT this off-season. That is why it's sooooo important he be a stud player.

If we get one "stud" guy we will then be elevated to a "piss-poor defensive line"

why does everone keep saying they want a wr? we dont need one. every year we draft one and finally they are playing good together. our defense needs upgrading. not our wrs. Go BILLS!

We have the smallest group of WR's in the league....everyone wants JP's completion percentage to go up- get a big TE or WR!

why does everone keep saying they want a wr? we dont need one. every year we draft one and finally they are playing good together. our defense needs upgrading. not our wrs. Go BILLS!

Maybe because the fact our 2nd leading receiver had 410 receiving yards which ranked 31st in a 32 team league only Tampa Bay was worse at 405 yards. Not to mention we had the 28th ranked passing attack in the league. Plus a big WR would help our redzone percentage which was .429 good for 26th in the league.

All the WRs in the world ain't gonna help if you can't protect the QB. And (for those of you who missed SB 25-28) all the offense in the world ain't gonna help if you can't stop the run.

The Bills need to go after the lines like they were Lindsey Lohan in a nightclub ladies room.

We do have a nice group of receivers overall, but we don't have a possession receiver. We need someone like Plaxico Burress who can go up and get it sometimes, make the big plays. It's not a major need no, but a guy like Dwayne Jarrett would be a nice upgrade over Price...

....everyone wants JP's completion percentage to go up- get a big TE or WR!
:w00t:

Technically you would be correct....I guess.....but since JP had the 9th best completion percentage in the league this year I don't exactly know why you'd say this point.

11th best ypa as well. :rolleyes:

Maybe the WRs are alright. :lol:

Technically you would be correct....I guess.....but since JP had the 9th best completion percentage in the league this year I don't exactly know why you'd say this point.

Maybe JP is that good? I mean, can you see anyone outside of Lee starting for another team?

Maybe JP is that good? I mean, can you see anyone outside of Lee starting for another team?

Not as solid #2 guys....no.....but......it's sure hard to figure the actual numbers in comparison to my assumptions on the skill level of our WRs. Maybe JP is that good.

The fact is successful cover 2 teams need good offenses. Indy and St. Louis have had success because of their high-powered offenses and the Bears will go nowhere because they don't have one. And if you want a big-time offense, you need more than one playmaker. Think about that: of the 15 or so guys that play on the offensive side of the ball, only one of them has shown he can consistently make plays in crunch time. Can you think of any other good offenses that only have one playmaker?

Cincinatti (Ocho Cinco, T.J. Housh, Rudi Johnson), Kansas City (LJ, Gonzo), San Deigo (Gates, LT), Indianapolis (Harrison, Clark, Wayne), St. Louis (Holt, Bruce, Jackson), New Orleans (Bush, Deuce, Colston)...all of the league's top offenses have multiple playmakers for the quarterback to utilize.

And there's the Bills with Lee Evans, and...well, we do have Lee Evans...

I still think its more important for us to improve our run defense by picking up one of the highly-rated middle linebackers in the Draft, but if we don't go MLB I think the next place we should look is wideout. Dwayne Jarrett would look spectacular in a Bills uniform.

The last place we need help is at wide receiver. Somewhere down our Christmas list is a stud tight end, but we are in a good position to make a playoff run with the receivers we have. Our obvious weaknesses, weaknesses that will keep us, if not from getting to the playoffs, certainly from advancing in the playoffs are stopping the run and pass protection. That means DT, OG and Center options, and possibly a tight end or fullback. I think everyone gets excited about wide receivers and quarterbacks, so they like to look at them first. Let's get down to what we need...power on both sides of the line of scrimmage. We tackle that problem in the draft and free agency, and we'll be ready to make a run for the big enchilada next season!!!

If we got to the point where I OL was strong enough without keeping in a TE on every play we might actually get some production out of the ones we hae on the roster now....

I have lost hope on Everitt......but Royal and Ceisklak (sp) I actually like on the field at the same time because they can both block and catch a bit......

The fact is successful cover 2 teams need good offenses. Indy and St. Louis have had success because of their high-powered offenses.....

The Rams have only just adopted the cover 2 recently.....& they haven't had success in a while.

The Colts D is(& has pretty much always been) crap......they live off that O.

The Bears looked great when their QB was playing decent.

....and.....what about the Bucs? Didn't they win a Superbowl with a strong Cover 2 D & a lackluster O?????

There's good argument for getting another 'play maker' for the Offence......saying that the Cover 2 D needs a great Offence to be successful is not one of them.

We could carry 5 DT's. I'd see two coming in and Anderson going out immediately. If we cut down to four, the odd man out would be the guy who performs least well in pre-season. If they all look good, I don't think it would kill us to go with 5.

The 5th DT is one of the DEs who move inside on passing downs.