It has already started

eball

If I bet on football, I would bet on the Patriots for this one.

I will be pulling for the Chargers (I really want to see a N.O. vs. S.D. Super Bowl) but if I'm going to bet, I can't imagine not taking New England. Brady/Belichick AND 5 points over Rivers/Schottenheimer??? You'd be nuts not to take that.

We almost beat San Diego, I expect the Pats to win this one.

We almost beat New England too, so I'm not sure how that measuring stick works...

Still, I'm picking the Patriots. Schottenheimer's brain gets all screwed up during playoff games, and the pressure of going up against Bill and the perennially good Pats will be too much for him.

We almost beat New England too, so I'm not sure how that measuring stick works...

Still, I'm picking the Patriots. Schottenheimer's brain gets all screwed up during playoff games, and the pressure of going up against Bill and the perennially good Pats will be too much for him.

Plus he's playing a QB that - for all intents and purposes - is a rookie. Yeah, Rivers sat on the bench for a couple of years, but he's now in the playoffs and a lot is expected of this team. For the most part, he should be able to just hand it off to LT, but if that doesn't work well enough, San Diego's in trouble.

I might have to pick the Pats to win this one because you absolutely have no idea what they'll do on offense, so SD's defense might have trouble (despite how good they are). I think LABillzFan is right - the key is how much Merriman, et al can pressure GQ Boy.

I hate to say it, but there are enough factors against the Chargers on this one to make me pick New England. :rolleyes: