Isn't it great: most Bills fans would rather have JP than draft

bluv

2 months ago Quinn was in order for the Buffalo Bills according to some. Now JP with the success the 2nd half of the season has won over most; a lot more with his grit and effoert than stats which haven't been too bad when given the opportunity to put the ball up. Now with Quinn's poor performance last night a lot more will now jump off his bandwagon and see that while he went to a big time university, his athletic credentials and potential is no better than what we have with JP. And like most smart fans were saying at the beginning of the season which would you rather have: a strong armed mobile QB who has the tools to get it done but needs experience to show what he can do or draft an over hyped QB who went to a bigger named university and start over again from scratch and give this guy 2,3 years to develop? I think I'd stick with JP; let DeLucia and Holcomb's arm give each other pleasure while they watch Quinn highlights!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 months ago Quinn was in order for the Buffalo Bills according to some. Now JP with the success the 2nd half of the season has won over most; a lot more with his grit and effoert than stats which haven't been too bad when given the opportunity to put the ball up. Now with Quinn's poor performance last night a lot more will now jump off his bandwagon and see that while he went to a big time university, his athletic credentials and potential is no better than what we have with JP. And like most smart fans were saying at the beginning of the season which would you rather have: a strong armed mobile QB who has the tools to get it done but needs experience to show what he can do or draft an over hyped QB who went to a bigger named university and start over again from scratch and give this guy 2,3 years to develop? I think I'd stick with JP; let DeLucia and Holcomb's arm give each other pleasure while they watch Quinn highlights!

I think Quinn will be the better QB when both careers end.

I think that most Bills fans will keep JP because we have more pressing needs right now. I was very critical of JP early on, but he has started to win me over. Not just with his play, but his attitude. He has finally started to show us that he is a leader, something that many of us thought he was not. JP still has a way to go, but he appears to be headed in the right direction.

Brady Quinn, on the other hand, is a different story. Charlie Weis believes that he will be amongst the top 3 QBs in the league within a few years, and Weis should know. Judging Brady Quinn on last nights performance does not do him any justice. He will be a star.

I think that most Bills fans will keep JP because we have more pressing needs right now. I was very critical of JP early on, but he has started to win me over. Not just with his play, but his attitude. He has finally started to show us that he is a leader, something that many of us thought he was not. JP still has a way to go, but he appears to be headed in the right direction.

Brady Quinn, on the other hand, is a different story. Charlie Weis believes that he will be amongst the top 3 QBs in the league within a few years, and Weis should know. Judging Brady Quinn on last nights performance does not do him any justice. He will be a star.

I think Jamarcus Russell will be a better QB when all is said and done. But I am real happy to have JP. The guy has spirit. At the end of the day, I want someone like that more than where he went to school or who he played for...I wish Quinn well. But really there's something about him that bothers me but I can't put my finger on it. The same with Leinart. I rather have VY (obvious now) or Cutler.

Quinn is overrated. And Weis' opinion means squat. The Patriots drafted Rohan Davey in the 4th round 2 years after taking Brady in the 6th round, if that tells you anything about how much he can predict things.

And Quinn will be in-line for a HUGE contract as a top pick. No thanks.

Exactly how much input did Charlie Weis have on drafting Rohan Davey? I'd bet virtually none.

Quinn is overrated. And Weis' opinion means squat. The Patriots drafted Rohan Davey in the 4th round 2 years after taking Brady in the 6th round, if that tells you anything about how much he can predict things.

And Quinn will be in-line for a HUGE contract as a top pick. No thanks.

Weis is his college head coach, but his opinion shouldn't count for anything?

I think his real opinion should count for a lot. The problem is figuring out what his real opinion is. When he talks about Quinn, is he doing it because he really thinks that or is he trying to support his players?

Quinn is overrated. And Weis' opinion means squat.

Weis' opinion matters- he's seen the tools up close on a daily basis that make quarterbacks successful. However, he may be exaggerating his opinion, because it only benefits him and his program to have his QB go #1 in the draft. Something like that might make recruiting high school QB's a little easier in the future, don't you think?

I agree Quinn could be overrated, but I think he'll be serviceable in the NFL. At worst, I could see him as a Pennington-type with a better arm...Wins more than he loses, but may not get you to the ultimate goal. At best, he could be, like Weis says, one of the top QB's in the league.

It's alarming that he was never able to win one big game in his ND career. I know, that's a function of the whole team, and particularly the defense, who hasn't stopped anyone since Willingham's first year. But...If he wants credit for all those records he set throwing multi-TD's against Stanford and Purdue, he has to accept some blame for the losses to USC, Ohio State, and Michigan.

Weis is his college head coach, but his opinion shouldn't count for anything?

I think his real opinion should count for a lot. The problem is figuring out what his real opinion is. When he talks about Quinn, is he doing it because he really thinks that or is he trying to support his players?

You raise a good point. I think that a statement like "Brady will be a very good NFL QB" would be considered supporting his player. But saying that he will be one of the top 3 QBs (behind Manning and Brady) says a lot.

Brady Quinn is a product of his system in ND

It is too early to tell how good or if he will be good at all.

drafting QB's is a crap shiit.

Akili Smith

Eli Manning

Geoff George

ect...

With that company, I take it you don't think too much of Eli Manning! :w00t:

You raise a good point. I think that a statement like "Brady will be a very good NFL QB" would be considered supporting his player. But saying that he will be one of the top 3 QBs (behind Manning and Brady) says a lot.

Yeah, it says he wants to put it in GM's minds to draft Quinn in the top-5 so that it reflects well on him and his program. It might look pretty good if Weis can walk into the living room of the #1 QB recruit in the nation and show him Quinn's first two seasons (horrible) and his last two seasons (record-setting) followed by a draft pick and $22M signing bonus.

I'm sure he thinks VERY highly of Quinn, but don't rule out his own motivations.

Agreed about Weis's opinion not really meaning that much about Quinn. Not only is he the coach but he's also a Notre Dame homer having gone there. Even if Quinn is a bust (which I don't think he'll be, but he also won't be a Pro Bowler), Weis's status as offensive guru is forever cemented with what he did with Brady and the Pats.

I think Quinn will be the better QB when both careers end.

name one big game Quinn has ever won...the guy is a product of CW's system, Quinn was awful before CW for there...he also cant throw a consistant tight spiral to save his life

name one big game Quinn has ever won...the guy is a product of CW's system...he also cant throw a consistant tight spiral to save his life

People said the same thing about Tom Brady. Product of the system. Weak arm, etc.

Agreed about Weis's opinion not really meaning that much about Quinn. Not only is he the coach but he's also a Notre Dame homer having gone there. Even if Quinn is a bust (which I don't think he'll be, but he also won't be a Pro Bowler), Weis's status as offensive guru is forever cemented with what he did with Brady and the Pats.

Weiss is an arrogant SOB, perfect for Notre Dame.

Yeah, it says he wants to put it in GM's minds to draft Quinn in the top-5 so that it reflects well on him and his program. It might look pretty good if Weis can walk into the living room of the #1 QB recruit in the nation and show him Quinn's first two seasons (horrible) and his last two seasons (record-setting) followed by a draft pick and $22M signing bonus.

I'm sure he thinks VERY highly of Quinn, but don't rule out his own motivations.

He already has the #1 QB recruit in the nation. The kid signed before the beginning of the college footbal season. He is already at ND on early enrollment. Weiss must be doing something right. And i would have to think that no matter what pro GM's and coaches will take his word.

He already has the #1 QB recruit in the nation. The kid signed before the beginning of the college footbal season. He is already at ND on early enrollment. Weiss must be doing something right. And i would have to think that no matter what pro GM's and coaches will take his word.

I would think that if any coach has instant cred in the NFL coaches/GM circle in terms of QB opinion it would be Charlie Weis. Between Quinn and Brady, its hard to argue with that kind of success in terms of QB development.

I would think that if any coach has instant cred in the NFL coaches/GM circle in terms of QB opinion it would be Charlie Weis. Between Quinn and Brady, its hard to argue with that kind of success in terms of QB development.

I would think that if any coach has instant cred in the NFL coaches/GM circle in terms of cheeseburger opinion, it would be Charlie Weis. Between his gut and his ass, its hard to argue with that kind of success in terms of crushing burgers.