Bufalo selects QB in mock draft

Gasjuggler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. For one there's no way we'll be picking a qb. Second Jamarcus Russell will be long gone when we pick. 6'5 250lbs and a rocket arm. Don't be shocked when he establishes himself as the #1 qb in the draft.

He's going to have to overcome the reputation of being a problem child who lacks leadership. I'm not saying it's true, but that's what's currently being leveled at him from the pro scouts.

Ah yes, the mock drafts, just one tiny step ahead of power rankings in the credibility department

As far as I'm concerned, this Bozo has NO credibility. It amazes me that someone pays these a-holes to spew drivel without any legitmate research. I mean, this guy clearly knows nothing about the Buffalo Bills. What a dickhead.

Ah yes, the mock drafts, just one tiny step ahead of power rankings in the credibility department

However, many fans depend on mock drafts to form their opinions. I remember people cried about Whitner pick last April becuase he wasn't high in most mock drafts. They wanted Bunckley becuase many mock drafts had him at no.8.

The funny thing is that these people don't use Bunckley to criticise Whitner pick now and use Ngata instead after he has a good season.

Its also not the only site thinking this way, I know of 2 others that have us chosing a QB, and both have been updated atleast in December, around the time (i believe after) Jauron named JP the starter next year.

idiocy is at an all-time high, much like mike tyson and miss americas

However, many fans depend on mock drafts to form their opinions. I remember people cried about Whitner pick last April becuase he wasn't high in most mock drafts. They wanted Bunckley becuase many mock drafts had him at no.8.

The funny thing is that these people don't use Bunckley to criticise Whitner pick now and use Ngata instead after he has a good season.

Your point is valid, but not all inclusive. The Bills would have done just as well with Mangold as they did with Whitner, AND picked up at least an additional 2nd round pick.

Selecting Whitner might just turn out to be a good move, but it was far from being the only one that would have worked for the Buffalo Bills Football Team. :thumbsup:

William, I said to my wife that either Pittsburgh (when they moved up, I thought it was to take Mangold) or Buffalo would've done well by taking Mangold, but both teams got good players anyway. Santonio Holmes, after taking his lumps early, really started to play well towards the end of the year, and capped the year off w/ a great catch and run in OT against Cincinnati. Whitner was pretty solid for most of the year and while we didn't make the playoffs, there's no guarantee we would've done so w/ Ngata, nor is there any guarantee that Ngata would've had the same sort of season he had (which, individually, was good, not great as many would have you believe) w/out players like Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg, Adalius Thomas, Ray Ray, Terrell Suggs, and Bart Scott around him.

Get used to it. This is a case of people making mock drafts without watching the team play. Outside buffalo, and the buffalo fan base is still the perception that Losman is a bum, and is not a NFL quarterback. We know thats not true (or if it is, that it is too early to know). But its one good way to tell whether a mock draft is a good one.

Your point is valid, but not all inclusive. The Bills would have done just as well with Mangold as they did with Whitner, AND picked up at least an additional 2nd round pick.

Selecting Whitner might just turn out to be a good move, but it was far from being the only one that would have worked for the Buffalo Bills Football Team. :)

True, there're other moves which could also help Bills. However, criticising Whitner pick based on mock drafts is ridiculous. :thumbsup:

Get used to it. This is a case of people making mock drafts without watching the team play. Outside buffalo, and the buffalo fan base is still the perception that Losman is a bum, and is not a NFL quarterback. We know thats not true (or if it is, that it is too early to know). But its one good way to tell whether a mock draft is a good one.

That's true even in Buffalo. You should hear some of my friends from home talk!

Your point is valid, but not all inclusive. The Bills would have done just as well with Mangold as they did with Whitner,

I dunno about that. I'd take Fowler and Whitner over Mangold and Coy Wire as starters.

AND picked up at least an additional 2nd round pick.

I dunno about that either. It depends on where the Bills COULD have traded down too.

I dunno about that. I'd take Fowler and Whitner over Mangold and Coy Wire as starters.

I dunno about that either. It depends on where the Bills COULD have traded down too.

Your first point assumes that nobody else could have been able to play the position. Safeties are not that hard to get as a general rule.

As for the extra 2nd, I actually heard Marv say on Sirius Radio that one team offered more than a 2nd (along with a swap of 1sts).

In any event, this is over, and Whitner looks like he will be a good player. Worthy of a #8? It is obviously too early to tell. I just hope that in 07, Marv places less emphasis on the secondary. How about you?