PRISCO'S TOP 32

Dr. Trooth

From CBS SPORTSLINE....

Pay particular attention to #22.... 19 yr. old senior? Playing Div. I football at age 15?? My God, the kid's still growing.

1. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville (Jr.): Most scouts and personnel people have Quinn here. I like Brohm better. I think he has a better command of the pass offense and he throws a better deep ball.

2. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (Jr.): Scouts have told me he's the best player they've seen in a long time. He hasn't said he's coming out, but if he does he will be a top-five pick. He's special.

3. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma (Jr.): One scout said he's another Eric Dickerson. That's high praise. There's no reason for him to stay in school. He will be a great NFL runner.

4. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: He understands the NFL passing game, having played for Charlie Weis, which means he can step in and play right away.

5. Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin: He would have been a high pick last year if he didn't get hurt in the Badgers' bowl game. Now he's the top lineman in the country.

6. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: He is a powerful pass rusher who can also play the run well. In a league starved for pass rushers, he has great value.

7. Marshawn Lynch, RB, California (Jr.): Here's another junior who has to make a decision as to whether he's coming out. He should. And he probably will.

8. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan (Jr.): He's a power player in the middle of the Michigan defense. He is big and strong, but he's also quick. How do we know? He was a high-school running back.

9. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: He's a smooth cover corner who isn't a burner, but has outstanding cover skills. He reminds some of former Michigan standout Ty Law.

10. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU (Jr.): If he comes out, he will be a high pick. He really played well this season.

11. Jake Long, T, Michigan (Jr.): He has said he's going back to school, but he could change his mind after the bowl game. He's a sure top-20 pick if he enters the draft.

12. Sam Baker, T, USC (Jr.): He's a huge player who indicated he's leaning toward going back to USC. He had trouble against UCLA, but he'll be another in the long line of great Trojans tackles in the NFL.

13. Reggie Nelson, S, Florida (Jr.): He reminds me of Ravens safety Ed Reed. Nelson has range and he makes a lot of plays.

14. Ted Ginn Jr. WR, Ohio State (Jr.): He's expected to enter the draft, especially if the Buckeyes beat Florida in a couple of weeks. He's also an explosive return man.

15. LaRon Landry, S, LSU: His brother, Dawan Landry, starts at free safety for the Ravens. LaRon is much better. He has range and likes to hit.

16. DeMarcus Tyler, DT, North Carolina State: This is a school that produced three first-round picks from the defensive line last year in Mario Williams (first overall) and Manny Lawson and John McCargo. Tyler should join them.

17. Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC (Jr.): He's the one USC junior who hasn't said he's coming back. He's probably out, and he could push to be the second receiver drafted behind Johnson.

18. Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh (Jr.): At 6-feet, 200 pounds, he has great cover skills. His speed is a big plus. He's also a return man.

19. Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn: Irons didn't have the type of season many expected, but he has that cutting ability teams love. He will be a great NFL back.

20. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State: Has great size and speed and has played a lot of man coverage.

21. Levi Brown, T, Penn State: He's a big, athletic offensive tackle. If Long and Baker stay in, he could be the second tackle taken.

22. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville: He played at Louisville as a 15-year old. He's now a 19-year-old senior. At 6-1, 310 pounds, he has Warren Sapp-like quickness.

23. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska: He had a really fast start to this season, but tailed off some. But he's a strong player who will hold up against the run and he can rush the passer.

24. Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi: He was tackling machine who didn't get much attention playing for Ole Miss. You bet NFL scouts know all about him.

25. Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame: At 6-4, 220 pounds, he has great size. He also played in a pro-style offense at Notre Dame. He's one of those guys who gets open all the time.

26. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State (Jr.): This 6-5, 260-pounder is a huge tight end. He doesn't have the receiving skills of former Sun Devil Todd Heap, but Miller might be a better all-round prospect.

27. JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU (Jr.): In a thin quarterback class he will go in the first round -- if he leaves school. He has a big arm and he's a huge quarterback (6-5, 250).

28. Michael Griffin, S, Texas: He's a big hitter in the Texas secondary. He also has pretty good range for a 210-pound safety.

29. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia: He's more of a pure speed rusher than Clemson's Adams. At 260 pounds, he can fly off the edge.

30. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU: He always had the speed, and after getting his vision fixed he no longer has the drops. He is a glider who makes it look easy.

31. LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan: He can play with his hand down in a 4-3 or as a 3-4 rush linebacker. Think Shawne Merriman.

32. Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina (So.): He's a third-year sophomore who is eligible for the draft. He would have better numbers if he only had a quarterback. He's special.

That 19 year old from Louisville Amobi Okoye is nasty!!!!!!!!!! I got to see him play against Rutgers and they talked about him. I couldnt believe it, but the youngster is indeed a mean DT.....very RAW and very young....

He could either be very good for a long time, or might take forever to get good at the next level.

Uhm, no Blalock?

Long time lurker just got aroud to posting.

I think Branch is the best DT in the draft. It would require us to move up to get him. If DT is the thinking of the organization and we stay where we are projected Blaylock and Okaye will have to be considered. If Nate leaves that leaves a big hole to fill and they may have to go after the CB from Pitt.

From CBS SPORTSLINE....

Pay particular attention to #22.... 19 yr. old senior? Playing Div. I football at age 15?? My God, the kid's still growing.

holy crap. i think if a guy is a projected first-rounder at the age of a college freshman...that has to be worth a 2nd look.

31. LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan: He can play with his hand down in a 4-3 or as a 3-4 rush linebacker. Think Shawne Merriman.

Well...If the last sentence was even close to the truth I'd take Woodley in a heartbeat... :censored:

Then again...even though I know Woodley is no Merriman, I'd still take Him cause I'm a Michigan Fan... :)

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...ye_amobi00.html

Amobi Okoye

Has grown up in the Cardinals' football program... signed with Louisville when he was 15... big, strong athlete who'll bolster the defensive line... has gotten better each season... runs well for his size... run-stopper the Cardinals' need to keep their steady improvement on defense.

Career Notes: Has played in 35 games, including 11 as a starter... burst on the scene in 2003 as the youngest player in the NCAA at 16 years of age.

2005: Registered 23 tackles and four tackles for loss... recorded four tackles against West Virginia... returned to action versus North Carolina and recorded one tackle... didn't play against Florida Atlantic because of a foot sprain... notched three tackles against South Florida... registered two tackles and recovered a fumble versus Kentucky.

2004: Appeared in 11 of 12 games... recorded 26 total tackles and a sack... didn't play versus ECU because of a shoulder injury... made only collegiate start versus Army and responded with a career-high seven tackles... recorded one tackle in the season opener against Kentucky.

2003: The youngest player in college football at 16 years old... one of eight true freshman to earn time... played in all 13 games at defensive tackle... credited with 17 tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack... recorded a career-best four tackles against Tulane... registered three tackles versus Army and Memphis... notched first career sack versus UTEP.

Lee High School: Originally hails from Anambra, Nigeria ... extremely bright ... size, speed and work ethic are pluses ... tested into the ninth grade as a 12-year-old when his family moved to Huntsville from Nigeria ... played three years of prep football ... took up the sport as a sophomore, knowing next to nothing about the game ... started 13 games on the defensive line as a 13-year-old ... played both ways, earning honorable mention all-state honors as a junior ... logged 60 tackles and nine sacks, earning first-team All-State honors on both sides of the ball as a senior.

I don't think they're targeting DT this year, but if they are this kid looks like a keeper

A few comments.

Zack Miller broke all of Todd Heaps records at ASU. I think he will be an excellent player in the NFL.

I would like to see us take Lineman and Wr and LB in this draft. i will leave it to Levy to figure out the best order to draft them in. Szamadjia from ND intrigues me, and he will be available in the mid teens when we will pick so dont tell me about Cal Johnson or Jarrett. They wont be anywhere near the Bills pick....

Has anyone seen a lot of Blalock? I haven't seen him play, and over the last couple weeks I've seen more than once that he is probably the most over rated player in the draft right now. Anyone that has actually watched him know why this would be?