How tough was our schedule this year?

Plus our division, which appears will be even tougher next year.

This is pure speculation, but Miami is going to be a mess. Wayne is getting ready to sell the team. They're going to count on Culpepper getting healthy, and that's assuming they still have Saban as HC, which is not likely. Their defense is a rat's asshair away from collecting social security.

The Patriot's will fail to make the playoffs next year. The only reason they won the division is because the rest of us couldn't get better fast enough to make it count.

Jets and Bills will take over AFC East in 2007.

This is pure speculation, but Miami is going to be a mess. Wayne is getting ready to sell the team. They're going to count on Culpepper getting healthy, and that's assuming they still have Saban as HC, which is not likely. Their defense is a rat's asshair away from collecting social security.

The Patriot's will fail to make the playoffs next year. The only reason they won the division is because the rest of us couldn't get better fast enough to make it count.

I am not so sure...It is going to be a dog fight....The team that makes the least mental mistakes is going to come out on top....

The Pats has 2 1st round picks in the draft. They have always drafted very well in the last 6 years with those 1st round picks. Maroney will be in his second year and taking a bigger load. Their concern is an aging defense and personnel at WR. I am sure they will address both this off season.

The dolphins will get back Ricky Williams in the off season. Chris Chambers had a bad year and will rebound. The dolphins are always active in free agency. They will go after a Eric Steinbach or a Lance Briggs. The dolphins beat some quality teams this season with wins over New England, Chicago to name a few. If they resolve their QB position early in the off season they can compete in the AFC East.

The Jets will have a strong team back next year almost intact. They will need a starting RB that will come from the draft.

The Bills actually have the biggest question marks entering the off season. They need to decide on Fletcher, Clements and Kelsay on defense. On offense they need a bigger pass catching TE, another starting WR and at least two guards.

If you put any faith in the Power Rankings you only have to look at Dr. Z's. Eight of our games were/are against teams that are currently in the top eight power rankings. Now that's a tough schedule.

According to some ranking I saw - we had the toughest in the league this year...

We played 3 of the 4 teams that have a first round bye.

5 division winners.

8 games against playoff teams. (Assuming the Jets beat Oakland)

and 3 games against teams that are still alive for the playoff in week 16.

I'd say that's a tough schedule.

5 division winners.

Hey Olaf, are you any relation to Olof Pilar?

5 division winners.

9 games against teams who are in the top 8 in run defense. Those were: (NFL ranking for run D)

Minnesota (1)

Baltimore (2)

Jacksonville (3)

New England twice (5)

Chicago (6)

Miami twice (7)

San Diego (8)

That's a pretty tall order for a patchwork OLine and young QB.

People have been predicting the Patriots demise every year for the past 3-4 years. I'll believe it when I see it.