Bills FA - Lindell and Others

BuffBillsPa

I am concerned about a few of the Bills other free agents. I would like to see them sign Lindell (any thoughts on how much), Gandy, Kelsey and Hargrove. Some of the others such as Wire, Thomas and Preston would be nice to keep for what they do. Of course, I want to keep Clements. Any thoughts on where the Bills will focus after Clements and possibly Fletcher? Thanks for things you may have heard since I live in South Central Pa, I don't get much info except from this site.

Looking at the Bills Free Agents, this is what I would do:

Sign: (Show them the money!)

Nate Clements UFA

London Fletcher UFA

Rian Lindell UFA (done?)

These have been talked about enough.

Sign: (Must take contracts equal to position -- backups)

Mike Gandy UFA

Jabari Greer RFA

Chris Kelsay UFA

Anthony Hargrove RFA

Anthony Thomas UFA

Andre Davis UFA (special teams)

Duke Preston ERFA

Kiwaukee Thomas UFA (Dime CB)

I think Kelsay will be tough to sign for a minimal contract since right now Denney and him split so much time. He can probably get more money elsewhere. Gandy needs to be replaced and take a role as a backup.

Let em go:

Tim Anderson RFA

Daimon Shelton UFA

Shaud Williams UFA

Coy Wire UFA

Shelton is old and hasn't been worth it lately. The board limits will be tested if Coy is re-signed!

Looking at the Bills Free Agents, this is what I would do:

Sign: (Show them the money!)

Nate Clements UFA

London Fletcher UFA

Rian Lindell UFA (done?)

These have been talked about enough.

Sign: (Must take contracts equal to position -- backups)

Mike Gandy UFA

Jabari Greer RFA

Chris Kelsay UFA

Anthony Hargrove RFA

Anthony Thomas UFA

Andre Davis UFA (special teams)

Duke Preston ERFA

Kiwaukee Thomas UFA (Dime CB)

I think Kelsay will be tough to sign for a minimal contract since right now Denney and him split so much time. He can probably get more money elsewhere. Gandy needs to be replaced and take a role as a backup.

Let em go:

Tim Anderson RFA

Daimon Shelton UFA

Shaud Williams UFA

Coy Wire UFA

Shelton is old and hasn't been worth it lately. The board limits will be tested if Coy is re-signed!

I agree with all of the people you said we should re-sign.

As for the ones we let go, I'd say that Shelton is the only one who is in danger of being let go.

Tim Anderson is a restricted free agent, and will not be expensive to keep.

Do not be surprised if Shaud Williams & Coy Wire are also re-signed.

Marv Levy loves special teamers, and Wire and Williams were kept after all the preseason cuts were made because of their ST play.

And oddly enough, only a moron would have let him kick that into the wind.

No. Wrong. They were morons for NOT letting him kick into the wind. If it was such a foregone conclusion that RL was gonna miss it, let him miss... Then you can say: "You missed a critical kick, you are not worth as much... And save a ton of dough." Other teams might even want to stay away from him?

Ahh... The power of the wind at the Ralph... Who would of thought that it could save you a lot of money?

Or were they afraid he was gonna make it and cost them a ton of money or let him go to free agency?

Hmmm... Do I smell conspiracy? :doh::P

No. Wrong. They were morons for NOT letting him kick into the wind. If it was such a foregone conclusion that RL was gonna miss it, let him miss... Then you can say: "You missed a critical kick, you are not worth as much... And save a ton of dough." Other teams might even want to stay away from him?

Ahh... The power of the wind at the Ralph... Who would of thought that it could save you a lot of money?

Or were they afraid he was gonna make it and cost them a ton of money or let him go to free agency?

Hmmm... Do I smell conspiracy? :doh::P

My sense is that if I were a player and had any sense that the coaching staff was willing to lose any late season game (particularly if we have even a mathematical chance at the playoffs) simply to save a nickel on the next contract, I'd know that I am not in this for the team but for myself.

We are talking such huge amounts of money overall in the NFL that the amount they would save by setting Lindell up to stick it to him is simply chump change.

I'm glad they did not make this foolish effort as the game would simply be far less entertaining to me if they offered the perception thay were operating on this level.