Games you played on the street

Tux of Borg

I used to call it 'skitching'

Some other friends called it 'pogeying'

In Buffalo, we called it pogeying. In NYC they call it skitching. Lookout for the man hole covers...

We use to take ice chunks and knock out the plastic street lamp caps and the light bulbs. We would clear out a entire block. Then when the cars came down the street, we would bombard them with snowballs. People would get out of their cars and not be able to find us. Some close calls. Knowing the backyards and neighborhood hiding places helped.

Street hockey was great. Hockey anywhere was great! Losing the puck or ball down the sewer grate sucked.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play a game called "Go play in traffic" that my parents taught me. I never really enjoyed it that much, but my parents always always seemed to get a big kick out of it.

that was something I expected to hear out of the mouth of ieatcrayonz

in the early-mid 90's there was a Sega game called Skitchin.

but growin up on main street in depew, we would play tackle football in the streets, lots of skateboarding and roller blading, and lot of tag. In the snow, we would have king of the mountain, snow fights, and "smear the queer" <_<

Whiffleball. Had one unique rule too. One of the neighbors was a crabby old lady who lived in a metal house. Hitting her house (which resulted in a neighborhood shattering ringing THUD) counted as a forefeit since we all had to run like hell

Football. Cars parked along the street counted as blockers. Pass Interference was only enforced if you knocked the other kid to the asphalt

Guns. Little kids with toy guns (back when they actually looked like real guns and not fruity colored ray guns) running around playing guerrilla war thruout the neighborhood. We used tennis balls for hand grenades and frisbies for land mines

War. Some kid on my block and some kid on another block would get into an argument or a fight and it ended up being all the kids on my block vs all the kids on the other block. Wasn't really playing tho. More like fighting alot for a week or so. Then all would be forgiven, until the next time

Sled races. In the middle of the street of course. One year I got a really bright idea. Sleds work better on ice. Ice is frozen water. Hey, lets get some buckets of water and dump them down the hill! <_<

King of the Hill. After a good old fashioned Erie, PA lake effect snowstorm there was plenty of snow on the ground. Wait for the snow plows to come thru and build up those huge snow mounds along the street, or better yet a parking lot. Then all the kids ran up to the top of the mound while trying to push everyone else off.