Anyone hate Tasker as much as I do?

generaLee83

I hate Steve Tasker and after today's game I have decided that the TV volume will be muted and I will listen to the radio broadcast.

I am ashamed that he was ever a Bill. I'm serious.

On the contrary, I like Tasker and he has a right to his opinion even if it is contrary to yours. :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I hate Steve Tasker and after today's game I have decided that the TV volume will be muted and I will listen to the radio broadcast.

I am ashamed that he was ever a Bill.  I'm serious.

On the contrary, I like Tasker and he has a right to his opinion even if it is contrary to yours. :thumbsup:

878459[/snapback]

878459[/snapback]

Being a bit contrary today, eh Bill? :thumbsup:

As an announcer Tasker is OK.

As a football player, no one played harder .

I do not know him personally but have heard nothing but good things about him.

Happy New Year to you and Pat - headed off to Rio soon?

So Tasker is dead to us becuase he tries hard not to be a homer? His entrie tenure as a Bill is for naught....because he wont give the Bills a ball-washing and shake pom poms?

878517[/snapback]

Psst...I also heard he likes to drink baby's blood and worship a pointy-headed offspring of a mythological creature.

Seriously.

This guy was a key element in our super bowl run.

So he struggles with announcing.

BFD!!

He is a buffalo bills legend and really should be treated as such.

I know a lot of people on here are mad at him and won't change their minds no matter what I say, but just try and remember how this guy just laid it on the line for us fans back in the day.  And did someone on this thread actually compare him to paul mguire?

Gimme a break. Mcgurie was a punter no?

I won't even start with how inane that comparison is.

Honestly, I think he is an awful announcer and does overcompensate. But that would never affect the positive memories I had of him back when we were going to super bowls.

But that is just me

HVBF

878231[/snapback]

Ok, so he was a special teams guy when the Bills went to the Superbowls. Does that automatically mean we have to love him? Ummm, negative. So treat him better even though he doesn't even call a game evenly, never mentioning anything positive about the Bills? Please.

All in all he was a great special teams player nothing more? Was great at tackling, was great at the hard hits... he was our Rudy. So relating him to McGuire is no problem to me... after all both of them were, again, on special teams.

Memories are just that.... memories.

Steve Tasker wasn't a great special teams player. He was probably one of the top five special teams players to ever play the game. And his loyalty as a player was unquestioned. As far as his announcer skills.....you don't know how he was asked to call the game. He may have specifically been asked to remain neutral or even pro Tennessee. The broadcast producer makes the calls there.

Besides, it's not his job to root for the Bills, no matter how much he may want to.

It's his job to call the game the way the producer wants, and if he doesn't, he won't have a job for long.

Ok, so he was a special teams guy when the Bills went to the Superbowls.  Does that automatically mean we have to love him?  Ummm, negative.  So treat him better even though he doesn't even call a game evenly, never mentioning anything positive about the Bills?  Please.

All in all he was a great special teams player nothing more?  Was great at tackling, was great at the hard hits... he was our Rudy.  So relating him to McGuire is no problem to me... after all both of them were, again, on special teams.

878557[/snapback]

Steve Tasker may not be the best announcer in the CBS stable but this "I hate Tasker" stuff is childish and idiotic. He's a class guy and a legendary special teams player for this Bills.

The guy is being paid to do commentary for a national sports network. He isn't being paid to be John Murphy.

Ok, so he was a special teams guy when the Bills went to the Superbowls.  Does that automatically mean we have to love him?  Ummm, negative.  So treat him better even though he doesn't even call a game evenly, never mentioning anything positive about the Bills?  Please.

All in all he was a great special teams player nothing more?  Was great at tackling, was great at the hard hits... he was our Rudy.  So relating him to McGuire is no problem to me... after all both of them were, again, on special teams.

878557[/snapback]

Dude, did you ever see Tasker play?

Steve Tasker may not be the best announcer in the CBS stable but this "I hate Tasker" stuff is childish and idiotic. He's a class guy and a legendary special teams player for this Bills.

The guy is being paid to do commentary for a national sports network. He isn't being paid to be John Murphy.

He's not being paid to hate on the Bills. Ever hear him say anything positive about the Bills during a broadcast? I haven't. He goes out of his way to hammer on them in order not to appear like a homer. Hey Steve, a compliment once in a while would sure be nice.

I wish I could have listened to Tasker call the game like the rest of you BUT I was AT the game.

Send me the tape so I can actually listen to what has your panties in such a twist. Tasker is still wonderful in my book and my favorite player since the first time I met him. He was a powerful, skilled player that made plays without all the dancing and look at me stuff that the players do now.

Nate should just play the game he gets paid to do and stop that blessed dancing

with all due respect before the Titans won the game he said as long as Vince Young is on the field they can win the game and they have the upper hand with the big play capabilities, and it turned out Tasker was true.

That can't be it. I'm sure he didn't run for a 40+ yard TD with 2 seconds left in the first half.

I compare Tasker to Bill Maas, a well respected player who revealed himself an idiot after becoming a commentator.

To them, I give the following:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain ...