Dick Jauron

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Vinetieri hit a FG in a blizzard and these idiots are afraid to kick into some wind.

877117[/snapback]

This Canadian schmuck just doesn't get it. I guess he's magically imagining the NFL goalpost is on the touchdown line like in the pedantic Canadian league. 10 years further toward the kicker. Sorry schmuck, wrong league.

I understand the argument against going for the kick and I agree that the playcalling on the last drive was rip-your-hair-out frustrating; but did anyone think Vinatieri would have made that kick against Oakland in the snow?

I know I'm just venting but it just feels so unsatisfying to see the playoff dreams end on that sequence. It was probably the right call to go for it (although the final set of plays sucked and made no sense), but stranger things have happened in the NFL than making a 45 yard fg into tough wind.

No way in hell he makes that kick into that wind.  Bironas made his 39 yarder by about a yard into that wind, and that guy recently made a 60 yarder. 

877794[/snapback]

Probably, but I was sitting 2nd row in that endzone and there was a gust of wind that held up Bironas' kick. It looked good and plenty far, then right towards the end of the ball's flight, a big gust held it up. The wind was pretty constant, but the swirling and occasional big gusts were the problem. Once again, the decision was really a tough one, but who knows maybe you get lucky and the wind calms for 5 sec during the kick. I still am leaning towards taking a shot at a kick, but if not the playcalling should have been much different.

who knows maybe you get lucky and the wind calms for 5 sec during the kick. I still am leaning towards taking a shot at a kick, but if not the playcalling should have been much different.

877832[/snapback]

You're basically leaning towards the kick because, you know, a Christmas miracle could happen. The gusts could die down for 5 seconds while Lindell kicked. LOL.

You're basically leaning towards the kick because, you know, a Christmas miracle could happen.  The gusts could die down for 5 seconds while Lindell kicked.  LOL.

877841[/snapback]

Oh my bad with the playoffs on the line we should instead send the fg unit on, then bring them off, and call a play where all the recievers run routes towards the endzone when we only need 5 yards. The outcome of that would be much better...I'm not saying the kick would have gone in, but I think you give it a chance. I didn't know they had guys on the sidelines that were able to predict how the wind would behave and could determine it had no chance of going in.

Yeah right, that's what we want, a coach who is more interested in self preservation than winning.  While you guys are wringing your hands about Jauron not kicking, the team no doubt gained another degree of appreciation for Jauron.  I wasn't in favor of hiring the guy, but I'm glad he's more interested in winning than excuses.  Wade, Greggo and Mularkey would have sent out the kicker, and been halfway up the runway before the kick missed badly.

877813[/snapback]

Maybe they would have actually planned a play that would get the first down?

This Canadian schmuck just doesn't get it.  I guess he's magically imagining the NFL goalpost is on the touchdown line like in the pedantic Canadian league.  10 years further toward the kicker.  Sorry schmuck, wrong league.

877821[/snapback]

Really? You're right I was confused. I thought it was actually a 23 yard kick and this was the Montreal Alouettes vs the Toronto Argonauts.

Keep making excuses !@#$tard.

Good point.  So if you as a coach know this, tell me why in God's name do you call a play where all your wide receivers are near the end zone when all you need is a measly five yards and still got some time to kill.  (57 seconds is an eternity if you know what you're doing.)  For !@#$s sake, Losman could have ran for the five yards out of bounds.

To get all the things going your way (face mask, good field position) and to waste it like that is disgusting.  I'm not about to crucify Dick Jauron but this isn't the minors, mistakes like that cost you.

877809[/snapback]

I don't know why the last play went down like that. Among the many things I've appreciated about Jauron this season has been his understanding of his teams ability and it's limitations. Not kicking that ball was another case of knowing his teams limitations. I can't speak to that last play call, however that last drive, on the whole was a mess.

There is no excuse for a team that was moving the ball that well all day to not be able to take a great drive start like that and not get the ball into the opponents redzone playing 4 down offense. I like Losman, but he appeared to lose his poise. Both the second and third down plays were surrenders, coming on the heels of getting sacked and getting a fortunate personal foul call. Losman has been tough and poised down the stretch of games, but I think he did not play well on that drive. It would have been great for him to win that game for us, but it's not going to happen every time.

I've been to so many games at the Ralph, I've seen so many games turn because of the wind and momentum.....to me, the game came apart when Royal couldn't convert that easy TD. The Titans were the better, more explosive team and they were better coached(Fisher and Chow are really good, Fairchild is getting better). We benefitted from favorable(but not bad) officiating, and the wind gave us the opportunity to blow the Titans out in the third quarter. If you want to win those games, you have to cash in those opportunities.

I didn't know they had guys on the sidelines that were able to predict how the wind would behave and could determine it had no chance of going in.

877851[/snapback]

Yes, they had plenty of them. It's called humans with brains.

I agree with you that the playcalling sucked. But THAT should be your beef, not the decision to go for it.

Let me know when an authority on the subject of professional football makes a comment, wouldcha?

ESPN is to football what MTV is to music videos.

877074[/snapback]

Absolutely, ESPN is the popular sports network, ESPN is like pop music for fair weather r-tard fans.

Great analogy LA.