I love Spikes, But..

Avalanche

I'm off of the Spikes train, he missed many tackles today and his lateral movement is horrible.

See ya TKO.

877040[/snapback]

First of all, you just GOT to give him one more off-season before he fully recovers from a devastating injury. He WILL be better next year...not what he was, but maybe 90%.

Second, don't forget, we used to describe defenders trying to tackle Travis as a "bowling ball with pins."

PATIENCE.

Spikes is older than Peterson, older than Cowart, and he is done. Sorry boys and girls he is DONE.

The fork has been inserted and he needs to take a major paycut. Seeing him stop one play and celebrating isn't the same thing as watching 80% of all running calls on his side of the field and him looking below average.

First of all, you just GOT to give him one more off-season before he fully recovers from a devastating injury. He WILL be better next year...not what he was, but maybe 90%.

Second, don't forget, we used to describe defenders trying to tackle Travis as a "bowling ball with pins."

PATIENCE.

877050[/snapback]

you mean like sam cowart?

oh yeah, i forgot...he was never the same player after that injury.

:thumbdown:

i don't see it.

Did you see Travis run him over in the 4th qrtr?

That shocked the hell out of me.  :thumbdown:

876968[/snapback]

Yeah, i turned to my buddy and was like OMG did you see that?

Spikes went to push Henry out of bounce, and Henry got 3 yards of it with a stiff arm. The old Spikes would have nailed Henry for a no-to -1 yard on that play. But also, many plays in the game where they went after Spikes and he was pushed off or was too slow to get it to. He also had a few missed tackles. Very disappointing to watch because i love Spikes so much and i know he's playing hurt but for his money he is not worth it for our team who is ready to make the turn to being a playoff team.

Yeah, i turned to my buddy and was like OMG did you see that?

Spikes went to push Henry out of bounce, and Henry got 3 yards of it with a stiff arm. The old Spikes would have nailed Henry for a no-to -1 yard on that play. But also, many plays in the game where they went after Spikes and he was pushed off or was too slow to get it to. He also had a few missed tackles. Very disappointing to watch because i love Spikes so much and i know he's playing hurt but for his money he is not worth it for our team who is ready to make the turn to being a playoff team.

877365[/snapback]

That play was nothing but a stalemate. I'm talking about a different play shortly after that where Travis went off-tackle and Spikes came up to meet him and Travis just mowed right over him like he was a 220lb rookie 'backer.

Yea i noticed spikes not killing henry on the sideline and getting stiffarmed badly and also missing that tackle when he had him wrapped up but i still think that he can get himself back with another offseason of rehab and hard work. We all know he will work his ass off to get back. I'm hoping and holding on to the belief that he can.

I miss the old TKO! :thumbdown:

Yea i noticed spikes not killing henry on the sideline and getting stiffarmed badly and also missing that tackle when he had him wrapped up but i still think that he can get himself back with another offseason of rehab and hard work. We all know he will work his ass off to get back. I'm hoping and holding on to the belief that he can.

I miss the old TKO! :wallbash:

877516[/snapback]

NICE PIC CT! :thumbdown: Where in CT are you from?

Spikes probably will never be the same player he once was. That said, the Bills have plenty of salary cap space going into next year. There's no particular reason to mess with his contract right now. If he hasn't returned to form by the end of next season, then they should think about upgrading his position.

Spikes probably will never be the same player he once was. That said, the Bills have plenty of salary cap space going into next year. There's no particular reason to mess with his contract right now. If he hasn't returned to form by the end of next season, then they should think about upgrading his position.

877521[/snapback]

thankyou for some rational thought on this.