First Bills Game

JimBob2232

It might come as some shock to many of you, but I am planning on attending my first Bills game this weekend. I need tickets, but looking at ebay, I dont think thats a problem. Here is my question.

1) Where to sit? Money not an issue. I would think something in the 100 section would be good, but having never been to a pro game im not sure where to sit. I am assuming lower is better and closer to the 50 yard line is better. Perhaps something in 135/136? Where would you sit? Looking to have a good time, but not be around a bunch of raving drunks.

2) How early should I get there before the game?

3) Any tips that are important to know (i.e where to park, traffic patters, etc.)

Thanks!

It might come as some shock to many of you, but I am planning on attending my first Bills game this weekend.  I need tickets, but looking at ebay, I dont think thats a problem.  Here is my question.

1) Where to sit?  Money not an issue.  I would think something in the 100 section would be good, but having never been to a pro game im not sure where to sit.  I am assuming lower is better and closer to the 50 yard line is better.  Perhaps something in 135/136?  Where would you sit?  Looking to have a good time, but not be around a bunch of raving drunks.

3) Any tips that are important to know (i.e where to park, traffic patters, etc.)

Thanks!

871323[/snapback]

Most important thing:

Park at Hammer's Lot with the rest of the TBDers. You can't go wrong. Get there about 7 am so you have plenty of drinking time...

If money is not an Issue...Me personally....I'd go for the Club Seats (Jim Kelly, Mcguire, etc)....Sat there for the Miami game and it was quite good. Sat in the End Zones more than a few times so if avoiding drunks...that's not a good option.

What time to get there depends if you want to tail gate. We always do and park at the lot off of California (I think that's the name of the street) Only $10. We usually get there around 9am depending on what happened Saturday night :rolleyes:

Hope this helps

Well, I have to drive back to Albany after the game....so its doubtful I will do too much "pregaming"!

I have been to many a NASCAR event. I am imagining a similar experience pre-game. i.e tailgaing and I am assuming its a bad idea to show up at noon....

Dont know how much the Kelly Mcguire seats go for. Ticketmaster only has upper deck seats at this point, so ebay it is. Subject to availability of course.

as close to the 50 as you can get - generally lower is better, but you don't want too low or you can't see everything - any row between 30 and 10 is pretty good and between the 35 yardlines is ideal imo.

Club seats are boring.

The sides are not excessively rowdy but they get excited. The club seats are too subdued for me. A lot of time people just stay in the club during the game and keep warm. What the hell is the point of that?!!

Need more information:

Are you coming with the wife or kid(s), or some buddies?

Have you been to outdoor events in winter (in case it arrives)?

I sat in row 27 of section 123 last week and the seats were sweet. I prefer the end zone opposite the score board when budget is an issue. In cooler weather I prefer club level or tunnel end zone.

I HATE sitting under the Jumbotron.

Lot One Pole 5 is where you can see many TBDers. It is also close to the Field House and Bills Store. Hammer is always a very gracious host too, and just a few minutes walk from there! See the maps under the Tailgate forum.

After the game, stoke up your fire. Enjoy the evening. Listen to the post game show on the radio or walk up to Danny's for some food before you take off. Let the others sit in the parking lots -AKA expressways- leaving the Ralph.

It might come as some shock to many of you, but I am planning on attending my first Bills game this weekend.  I need tickets, but looking at ebay, I dont think thats a problem.  Here is my question.

1) Where to sit?  Money not an issue.  I would think something in the 100 section would be good, but having never been to a pro game im not sure where to sit.  I am assuming lower is better and closer to the 50 yard line is better.  Perhaps something in 135/136?  Where would you sit?  Looking to have a good time, but not be around a bunch of raving drunks.

Thanks!

871323[/snapback]

I'll be heading to the game with my brother. Just 2 of us. Never spent an outdoor event (of this magnitude) in the winter. Current forecast shows good weather (i.e. low 40s). Not too worried about that (perhaps I should be!).

Where is this Danny's place? I assume I can walk there from the stadium?

Need more information:

Are you coming with the wife or kid(s), or some buddies?

Have you been to outdoor events in winter (in case it arrives)?

I sat in row 27 of section 123 last week and the seats were sweet. I prefer the end zone opposite the score board when budget is an issue.  In cooler weather I prefer club level or tunnel end zone.

I HATE sitting under the Jumbotron.

Lot One Pole 5 is where you can see many TBDers. It is also close to the Field House and Bills Store. Hammer is always a very gracious host too, and just a few minutes walk from there! See the maps under the Tailgate forum.

After the game, stoke up your fire. Enjoy the evening. Listen to the post game show on the radio or walk up to Danny's for some food before you take off. Let the others sit in the parking lots -AKA expressways- leaving the Ralph.

871362[/snapback]

The club seats are too subdued for me. A lot of time people just stay in the club during the game and keep warm. What the hell is the point of that?!!
I did notice that myself Sunday....Why pay $125 to watch the game on TV? But 1 nice thing is they sell beer all game long...WOOOOOOOOOOOO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I went to my first game every yesterday against the Fish, it was awesome, we got there niceand early and cooked up steaks, then after the game when traffic was backed up like crazy we cooked up some more steaks. As soon as I'm 19 I want to get season tickets, I could really get used to having the full sunday for Bills football and tailgating (from Toronto)

I'll be heading to the game with my brother.  Just 2 of us.  Never spent an outdoor event (of this magnitude) in the winter.  Current forecast shows good weather (i.e. low 40s).  Not too worried about that (perhaps I should be!).

Where is this Danny's place?  I assume I can walk there from the stadium?

871380[/snapback]

Danny's and the Big Tree Inn are on the corner of Abbott and Big Tree Road (route 20A).

Hammer's is on Abbott and he can give you directions to all the favorite fan locations too. He has a nice lot central to everything. He is a two minute walk from Danny's, and maybe 5 minutes from Lot One Pole 5, Pinto "Ron", and the Field House.

Dress in layers of clothes and make sure to stay dry. You can take things off if you are hot, but if you left them in the car you are screwed. :(

Go to buffalobills.com for stadium rules, too.

Get there early and stay late!

Enjoy. :wallbash:

As a regular at Hammer's, I definitely recommend it - $15 to park (same as the stadium lots), but you get relatively clean and no-line portajons, the peace of mind that your car is somewhat safe, quick access to Abbott after the game, and of course, Hammer himself.

When we're in the area, I usually try to make it to the lot 8-8:30am...last week, we drove straight up and made it ~11am, but still managed to get a good parking spot.

I recommend a trip over to Lot 1 ~11am to meet the other Wallers and see Kenny and the Pinto.

Be sure to bring extra food for after the game, as there is no good reason to hurry on your way...might as well enjoy it in the lot rather than sitting in traffic.

if moneys not a problem, why go through ebay? Its harder to get the better seats through ebay compared to just going to the box office. I hear thety still have a couple remaining. I bought mine tickets for the Jax, Miami and Tenn games thru ebay and got a great deal but it was only cause I didn't care where I sat.

Thanks!

871323[/snapback]

I have gone to almost every game the last 4 years or so. I like to be IN the stadium by 12. i enjoy the warmups and the drills b4 the game. You can get right up against the wall on the field, and root for and taunt players. u want to be 10 rows up or higher preferably. If you are any lower, the film/team equipment gets in the way. Anywhere along the sides is good, as is the endzone. Depends on what you want. Endzone is nice for when they're on that end obviously. MMid field is semi close for all action. If you wnat to get out early, do not park in a stadium lot, park in one of the private lots i.e. people front yards along the main road coming in (avoid mud pits). We usually roll out of the apartment around 11ish 11:15.

Most important thing:

Park at Hammer's Lot with the rest of the TBDers. You can't go wrong. Get there about 7 am so you have plenty of drinking time...

871330[/snapback]

Coming to the game this weekend as well...where is hammers lot??? forgot to ask before the jacksonville game