Regionalize the team

jahbonas

If it means keeping the team in Buffalo i am in favor of moving 2 later home games to Toronto to tap into that corporate base up there. The Bills would then be the NFL team representing lower ontario and the niagara frontier.

I am a season ticket holder with 4 seats and would have no problem seeing 6 games at the Ralph rather than 8 if it meant it moved the Bills from a lower revenue team to a migh higher revenue team. Its a small price to pay...

Also in the name of regionalization....would love to see the BlueJays play few games in the Bisons stadium....and see the raptors play some games in the HSBC arena.....

Yeah.  A preseason game doesn't really mean anything.  But if you play a regular season game there, that would be a no no.  It would take away tradition in the NFL.  NO OUT OF U.S. GAMES!

868589[/snapback]

What are you talking about? The NFL is PUSHING out of USA regular season games...this would fit right in with it.

Preseason games mean nothing an Toronto fans know this....Green Bay Packers (quite a traditional team) for decades played 2 games in Milwuakee Wisc in an attempt to regionalize that team. Certainly would still want the team called the BUFFALO Bills...just that they play 2 games slightly offsite....in fact the games in Toronto would make for a great road trip for many.

As a Buffalo person I care nothing for the Blue Jays...never watch their games or buy their hats etccc...However...if they played two 3-game series in Buffalo...then they'd have me hookline and sinker....buying their hats and becoming a fan of a team I could see play live for 6 games ! The same would happen in reverse in the Toronto market for the Bills if they made the required committment of regular season games just up the QEW.

What are you talking about? The NFL is PUSHING out of USA regular season games...this would fit right in with it.

You're right, it would. Last year the Cards and Cowboys (?) played in Mexico, right?

If my choices were between the LA Bills and the Buffalo Bills who play in Toronto a couple times a year, I guess the choice is obvious.

EDIT: It was Arizona and SanFran:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8895055

CW

I'd support the idea, as long as we're talking about the BUFFALO Bills not the Toronto, or anything else. Toronto is a really nice city and I'd like a reason to head up there if it should ever come up

868558[/snapback]

Actually having the Buff-Tor (or even the Tor-Buff) Bills would not only be better than having the LA Bills alternative, but IMHO if elected officials were smart enough to use this shared activity as a bridgehead to lead the way to greater integration between Buffalo and Toronto within a bi-national regional development strategy it would certainly be much to the Buffalo area's economic advantage.

Such an approach while having these economic advantages, would also have the clear disadvantage for those who place their allegiance and faith in a tradtional USA political model of this model taking a major hit.

While I certainly love the US and all the advantages that have come with it, I also am not unaware as some seem to be that along with these advantages come a real crop of disadvantages produced under our system as well (or perhaps some want to claim our way is perfect). In addition, I have a full awareness that for those who simply swear by tradition, then always remember that theUSA was created by a revolutionary spirit which completely rejected the traditional system in which the sun never set on the Brish empire.

It is far from inconveivable to me that a new system and quite frankly a new country could be created from what can easily be seen as a huge land and population acquisition by the USA which rivals and actually exceeds by many measures past USA acquisitions from the Louisiana Purchase to Seward's Folly getting Alaska.

I doubt this will happen actually, because from the Canadian perspective I seriously doubt that they would want to "trade down" to take on American economic approaches which would come from any acquisition or hybrid deal.

I, for one, would cancel my season tickets if the Bills played two games in Toronto. I do think though, that the NFL should expand to five teams in each division, and I do feel Toronto should get a team. I think if Toronto had an NFL team, the rivalry would be something fierce with the Bills. I think that would be awesome.

When you see countless college stadiums filled every Saturday across the nation, adding 8 more teams to the NFL would be simple. You could then fill every possible expansion city, and integrate Canada. To me, it just doesn't seem like 4 teams in a division, allow for a big enough race.

Football is plenty popular enough to expand. There are also plenty of good QB's and other players around to not water down the product.

Toronto would be high on my expansion list. Right after LA.

Can the Argonauts play a Grey Cup playoff game at the Ralph?

Would the Bills use Canadian rules?

Maybe we could try to attract some of the Long Island fans upstate by playing one arena game a year hosted by the New York Dragons. I think Roscoe would be player of the game, and Holcomb could finally throw a deep ball.

Joking aside, I think that the best regionalization is through marketing and bringing people from Toronto to Buffalo on Sunday, and all 8 home games and the two playoff home games after our bye should be played in Orchard Park. Maybe a preseason game could go to Toronto.

A few games ago, I sat behind a couple of guys from toronto, so some up there are fans...but I think 2 games early in the season, would be a great idea. Season tickets would reduce in price, and I think it may attract some of the toronto fans to make the road trip for games in Buffalo.

Also I think the bills should advertise in toronto right now. I think if the bills can gain a large fanbase in toronto, they are in buffalo to stay :thumbdown:

I refuse to support any professional franchise that plays in the city of Toronto.  I'd rather they play half their games in Edmonton than Toronto.

Even though, neither will happen and they better not.

868527[/snapback]

YOU may not matter! What if they filled the place without BUFFALO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!

Preseason games mean nothing an Toronto fans know this....Green Bay Packers (quite a traditional team) for decades played 2 games in Milwuakee Wisc  in an attempt to regionalize that team.  Certainly would still want the team called the BUFFALO Bills...just that they play 2 games slightly offsite....in fact the games in Toronto would make for a great road trip for many.

As a Buffalo person I care nothing for the Blue Jays...never watch their games or buy their hats etccc...However...if they played two 3-game series in Buffalo...then they'd have me hookline and sinker....buying their hats and becoming a fan of a team I could see play live for 6 games !  The same would happen in reverse in the Toronto market for the Bills if they made the required committment of regular season games just up the QEW.

868599[/snapback]

It depends on the game though.