I'm buying season tickets for the LA Bills

CJPearl2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LA won't get any team anytime soon. Two franchises have left already. There is too much to day on a Sunday too go see a bad football team. Literally you have choices of skiing in the mountains, swimming in the ocean or off roading in the desert and every other summer sport you can think of year round. That's why LA fans are so called lethargic. Their not lethargic, their having fun somewhere else.

San Diego is more hard core for supporting their team, which bucks the trend.

Toronto is probably a good choice, but what other big US cities could support a team that currently doesn't have one ?

I live in Orange County now and I'm very excited at the Bills' move here. I will have at least 2 season tickets. Can't Wait!!! Thanks Buffalo-area fans. I can finally go to every home game now.

If the Tennessee game doesn't sell out (which Ill be at while visiting family) you can kiss this team goodbye. If we can't sell out because the Sabres are so hot then we don't deserve to have 2 professional sports teams.

868211[/snapback]

that's so silly. :thumbdown:

Wrong. The NFL owners want money for THEMSELVES not the league. They don't necessarily want to force small market teams out of the league at all. In fact, they want them right where they are, whining that they can't compete.

The NFL has changed since the 90s because it is far and away the best run league in the world, and that is because of its monetary and competitive balance. The NBA and baseball and especially hockey have all gone downhill at times in that time period (either monetarily or perception-wise or both) while the NFL keeps going up. A lot of that has to do with stadiums. AZ would not sell out any game except the Cowboys (because of Cowboy fans) if they didn't have that new stadium.

Goodell came right out this week and said we don't need a team in LA and there might not be one at all. There have been two decades since the league was in LA and it's doing far, far better than ever. I live in LA and there is zero call or excitement for a team here and I mean zero.

Ralph is concerned, rightfully, that he won't make as many millions in profit as other owners if they continue to take money for themselves. But he can easily compete monetarily, and he usually does.

868491[/snapback]

Sounds like it hasn't changed in the twenty years since I first bought tickets to the Rams out there. Really a god-awful fan base, and it's refreshing to see that Goodell came out so bluntly.

Looking at it another way - what did we miss by? 3900 tickets out of a capacity of 73000? That's missing by only 5%, sports fans. Believe me - and the above referenced quote ("zero call or excitement for a team here") - a Los Angeles-based team ownership would crawl on its collective knees on broken glass to have a fill rate of 95%. Zero, zero, zero interest in having a football team out there, and it's been that way for two decades.

Sounds like it hasn't changed in the twenty years since I first bought tickets to the Rams out there. Really a god-awful fan base, and it's refreshing to see that Goodell came out so bluntly.

Looking at it another way - what did we miss by? 3900 tickets out of a capacity of 73000? That's missing by only 5%, sports fans. Believe me - and the above referenced quote ("zero call or excitement for a team here") - a Los Angeles-based team ownership would crawl on its collective knees on broken glass to have a fill rate of 95%. Zero, zero, zero interest in having a football team out there, and it's been that way for two decades.

868522[/snapback]

That's not exactly correct, IMO. At first, they would very likely sellout games. It would be like the Lakers. Fans would go to be seen there, rather than because they genuinely cared about the team. They would come late and leave early. They wouldn't know all that much about the team. There is a ton of money here, so the league and the new ownership would likely be able to convince a ton of businesses to buy up the tickets, at least at first. And if there were a new stadium, and new team, and blah blah blah they would likely be able to sell out at first. But that would quickly vanish to apathy, unless the team is a huge winner.

What's funny is that so many people bothered to reply to this.

868525[/snapback]

It's a message board.

Agreed - there are a lot of inane responses to highly inane topics. Looking at the main screen, however, I can see at least two threads that deal with this topic. The fans are, simply put, terrified that the team might leave. Part of me would rather be discussing our star receiver falling asleep in practice, but we don't have that luxury, I guess. Can't wait until there's final resolution to the issue.

LA won't get any team anytime soon. Two franchises have left already. There is too much to day on a Sunday too go see a bad football team. Literally you have choices of skiing in the mountains, swimming in the ocean or off roading in the desert and every other summer sport you can think of year round. That's why LA fans are so called lethargic. Their not lethargic, their having fun somewhere else.

San Diego is more hard core for supporting their team, which bucks the trend.

Toronto is probably a good choice, but what other big US cities could support a team that currently doesn't have one ?

868504[/snapback]

That would be true if the league didn't have such a hard-on for putting a franchise in LA. For some reason, even after 2 failed franchises, they still want a team there and will probably do all they can to get one and keep it there

They also said that they are not looking at expanding into Canada at this time, a team will end up in LA before Toronto

as for all these investors lining up to Buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo, Who would they be?

Golisano? maybe, but he is already focused on the Sabres now and purchased them much cheaper.

It will take ALOT of money to purchase the Bills and Buffalo is not known for its abundance of Millionaires with money to burn that are interested in sports, and owning a small market team in a Big market sport

That's not exactly correct, IMO. At first, they would very likely sellout games. It would be like the Lakers. Fans would go to be seen there, rather than because they genuinely cared about the team. They would come late and leave early. They wouldn't know all that much about the team. There is a ton of money here, so the league and the new ownership would likely be able to convince a ton of businesses to buy up the tickets, at least at first. And if there were a new stadium, and new team, and blah blah blah they would likely be able to sell out at first. But that would quickly vanish to apathy, unless the team is a huge winner.

868530[/snapback]

We're in agreement. Like I said at the beginning of the thread, I'd give the team about 5 years to become cold oatmeal.

You raise a good point about "people wanting to be seen"....I remember watching either Jay Leno or Johnny Carson back in 1989 (sorry, can't remember who was hosting back then) and Sammy Davis Jr. came on for what turned out to be his last interview before lung cancer got him. I almost fell out of my seat to see him in a Los Angeles Rams leather jacket. What a surprise - the Rams were making a run for the playoffs. A wonderful entertainer, but what a front runner. You'd get a lot of that in the first couple of years, and then......sound of crickets chirping.

:thumbdown:

I can't wait for SoCal to fall into the ocean after your next earthquake so that the Clippers can return to Buffalo and be the Braves again.

868247[/snapback]

Easy there, not every Bills fan in SoCal wants to see them out here. I personally would disown the team if they moved.

Easy there, not every Bills fan in SoCal wants to see them out here. I personally would disown the team if they moved.

868549[/snapback]

I don't either. But if the people in Buffalo don't want them, at least, when they move, I can go to all the games.

I live in Orange County now and I'm very excited at the Bills' move here. I will have at least 2 season tickets. Can't Wait!!! Thanks Buffalo-area fans. I can finally go to every home game now.

If the Tennessee game doesn't sell out (which Ill be at while visiting family) you can kiss this team goodbye. If we can't sell out because the Sabres are so hot then we don't deserve to have 2 professional sports teams.

868211[/snapback]

What a tool. The Bills aren't going anywhere.

I find it comical that people who have uprooted, and completely abandoned WNY sit in other cities and throw stones at those who live here for not buying tickets.  Move back here, and then we'll talk.

868688[/snapback]

You can call it abandoned, I call it getting a higher paying job. Granted I could do the same thing in Buffalo, but I would be making a dramatic difference in salary.

You can call it abandoned, I call it getting a higher paying job.  Granted I could do the same thing in Buffalo, but I would be making a dramatic difference in salary.

868695[/snapback]

...dramatic enough that you couldn't afford seasons? Nothing personal, but I think you just proved his point...

868211[/snapback]

Sorry my dear,but that will NOT be happening any :thumbdown: time too soon. :thumbsup:

I find it comical that people who have uprooted, and completely abandoned WNY sit in other cities and throw stones at those who live here for not buying tickets.  Move back here, and then we'll talk.

868688[/snapback]

You would "abandon" WNY too if you had a chance to make more money. I graduated from law school and the best area to practice law (with the best salary) was in California. I would love to raise my family in Buffalo, but the state of the economy there makes it impossible. Why do you think most of the college grads from Buffalo are moving west and south? And this is the problem.

So, to get back to my original point, why don't these games sell out? Where are all the people? These games should be sold out in September, especially a huge rivalry game like Miami.

Is it economics? Is is disdain for the team?