The new, mature, Peerless Price

ChicagoRic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to the brash, flashy, pouty Peerless?

This new Peerless Price is a different breed altogether.  Keeps his mouth shut and makes tough sideline catches.  I daresay he has the best toes of an Bills WR in recent memory.  That kind of body control tells me that even though the afterburners might not burn quite as hot, he takes the ART of being a WR very seriously. 

Happy to see him here.  He's a nice complement to our new #1 Evans, and our new brash and flashy guy, Parrish.  For lack of a better comparison, he fills the Lofton/Billy Brooks role.

My level best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

863724[/snapback]

While Price has been okay, he is palying nowhere near the level of Lofton or Billy Brooks during their stays with the Bills. I'm not sure if that is the fault of Losman not getting the ball enough to him or his inability to get open.

Price has $6.4 million in cash left on his contract. He was paid $800,000 this year, bringing the total to $7.2 million, leaving a $2.8 million dollar signing bonus, of which they'd have to eat 3/4 if they cut him after this year. So they'd take a $2.1 million dollar hit for cutting him, less the $1.6 million they'd not have to pay him, so the total cap cost of cutting Price after the season is $500,000.

Unless he's cut after June 1st. Then they'd save $550,000 this year and have about a million in dead cap in 2008.