Starting QB's in the NFL

Frez

Let's do something fun. Why not make a list of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL and rate them in your order from Best to worst. Let's see how everyone's list compares. I was kinda surprised where I had to put Bledsoe.

1. Peyton Manning

2. D.McNabb

3. Tom Brady

4. Daunte Culpepper

5. Michael Vick

6. Chad Pennington

7. Brett Favre

8. Steve McNair

9. Trent Green

10. Joey Harrington

11. Ben Roethlisberger

12. Matt Hasselbeck

13. Byron Leftwich

14. David Carr

15. Jeff Garcia

16. Jake Delhomme

17. Aaron Brooks

18. Kerry Collins

19. Brad Johnson

20. Kurt Warner

21. Marc Bulger

22. Jake Plummer

23. Carson Palmer

24. Vinny Interceptaverdie

25. Drew Bledsoe

26. Drew Brees

27. Mark Brunell

28. Jay Fiedler

29. Josh McCown

30 Kyle Boller

31 Ken Dorsey

32. J. Quinn (Bears)

#1 begins and ends with Tom Brady.    End of story

62750[/snapback]

Dammit, I was going to beat you to the punch...

"#1 Tom Brady, #2 who cares?

Sincerely,

Patriots fans"

<_<

Just pickin'. To be deadly serious, though - he's gotten the job done, and the two guys Frez listed ahead of him haven't. Much as with Elway, I'm never going to like the guy, but have to (grudgingly) respect what he's done.

And Rico? You're right, there's some real AFL2 talent on that list. Remember back when most every team had a decent QB? I miss that era.

AFC

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Pennington

4. Green

5. Leftwich

6. McNair

7. Rothliesberger

8. Carr

9. Plummer

10. Garcia

11. Brees

12. Bledsoe

13. Boller

14. Collins

15. Palmer

16. Feeley

NFC

1. McNabb

2. Culpepper

3. Hasselbeck

4. Bulger

5. Favre

6. Vick

7. Harrington

8. Brooks

9. Delhomme

10. Warner

11. Testaverde

12. Brunell

13. McCown

14. Rattay

15. Simms

16. Quinn

And Rico? You're right, there's some real AFL2 talent on that list. Remember back when most every team had a decent QB? I miss that era.

62762[/snapback]

I miss them too, Lori.

As much as I don't like Manning or Favre,

I really enjoyed the Colts-Packers game the other week ago.

That was fun to watch.

1. Tom Brady

If you say Peyton, all that means is you have seen highlights from his 2 5TD games. He sucks in the playoffs (2 4INT games). Sure, he won 2 playoff games in 2003, but threw 4 picks (again) and handed NE a trip to the SB).

Remember, for every 5 TD game, he has several above average ones.

Oh, and Brady has two of the last three super bowl rings issued.

Bledsoe? For starting QBs? Bottom 5 easily.

Are you asking which QB you would want to have in a SB game? Are you talking about the best QB for a season? Brady is not even in the top 10 QBs in the league. He cannot, and therefore does not throw a deep ball. You never see him audible out of play. I would take Manning, Favre, Vick, McNabb and Culpepper over Brady ANY day except for Super Bowl Sunday. The only credit I give him, is that he is cool under pressure.

[brady] cannot, and therefore does not throw a deep ball.

Some Bills fan you are. You didn't even watch the game last week.

1-35-NE24 (12:34) T.Brady pass to D.Givens to BUF 32 for 44 yards (C.Wire). Caught over middle at BUF 35.

1-10-BUF49 (7:10) T.Brady pass to D.Patten to BUF 6 for 43 yards (T.McGee). Caught over middle at BUF 12.

I suppose those were outlet passes?

And that's just last week. There's no excuse for such a moronic statement from someone who claims to follow the NFL.

You never see him audible out of play.

:D:(:D

Either you're joking around, or you're the biggest idiot to ever post on this board. You must think that Peyton Manning is the only QB to audible, since he's the only one that feels the need to put on a show when he does it.

You must think that Peyton Manning is the only QB to audible, since he's the only one that feels the need to put on a show when he does it.

I still can't get over that egomaniacal demonstration AT HOME against Green Bay with 2:40 left where he did the whole "talk to all 10 players" routine after he publicly had a conversation with Hochuli right before the play about which clock would run out first.

He also steps forward all the time, but somehow this isn't a false start.

He also is about as interesting as a piece of sand. I just don't get it.

For all the picks Manning threw in that title game, what did the Pats offense do? Score 1 TD and throw a pick in the endzone when a score would've put the game away? When you factor in the fact that the Pats defense is about 10 times better than the Colts, I don't know how anybody thinks the the result wouldn't have been the same had the QB's switched teams.

AFC

1. BRADY

2. PENNINGTON

3. MANNING

4. MCNAIR

5. GREEN

6. CARR

7. Leftwhich

8. PLUMMER

9. BREES

10. ROTHLISBERGER

11. BLEDSOE

12. PALMER

13. GARCIA

14. COLLINS

15. FIEDLER

16. MR. KYLE BOLLER- Can throw 50 yards on one knee from mid field through the goal posts. Can't hit the broad side of a barn in a game situation.

NFC-

1. Hasselbeck

2. Mcnabb

3. Aaron brooks

4. Mike Vick

5. Kurt Warner

6. Jake Delhomme

7. Marc Bulger

8. Joey Harrington

9. Daunte Culpepper

10. Brett Favre

11. Vinny Interceptaverde

12. Brunell

13. Mccown

14. Rattay

15. Quinn

16. Simms

I have reasons for most of these but it would've took too long to type. But before I get flamed for culpepper and favre being so low. I wouldn't rank them that low if 1. Brett favre finishes a game healthy this season 2. Culpepper gets breathed on and doesnt turn the ball over.

For all the picks Manning threw in that title game, what did the Pats offense do?  Score 1 TD and throw a pick in the endzone when a score would've put the game away?  When you factor in the fact that the Pats defense is about 10 times better than the Colts, I don't know how anybody thinks the the result wouldn't have been the same had the QB's switched teams.

63159[/snapback]

Your post is misleading because:

- you forgot to mention that Christian Fauria dropped not one, but TWO TD passes from Brady in the end zone.

and:

- you ignore the fact that Manning has Harrison, Wayne, James, Pollard, and a great OL at his disposal, while Brady has a bunch short recivers with physical limitations and a OL full of of rejects and castoffs.

Chalkie got it nearly right. (Chalkie's #'s still listed)

AFC

1. Manning

2. Brady

6. McNair

3. Pennington

7. Rothlesberger

4. Green

8. Carr

5. Leftwich

9. Plummer

11. Brees

14. Collins

10. Garcia

12. Bledsoe

13. Boller

15. Palmer

16. Feeley

NFC

1. McNabb

2. Culpepper

3. Hasselbeck

5. Favre

6. Vick

4. Bulger

7. Harrington

10. Warner

8. Brooks

9. Delhomme

11. Testaverde

12. Brunell

13. McCown

14. Rattay

15. Simms

16. Quinn

Your post is misleading because:

- you forgot to mention that Christian Fauria dropped not one, but TWO TD passes from Brady in the end zone.

and:

- you ignore the fact that Manning has Harrison, Wayne, James, Pollard, and a great OL at his disposal, while Brady has a bunch short recivers with physical limitations and a OL full of of rejects and castoffs.

63259[/snapback]

Ahh, nothing like good old Dolphins/Marino fan syndrome....

"Our team is the greatest; except when we're arguing about QB's, in which case the QB is the whole team and the rest of the team sucks".... :D

Marcus Pollard? He's an average TE on any other team. Reggie Wayne was a nobody prior to last year, and Manning was pretty good before that.

Not that I'm disputing that the Colts have more weapons, but I picked the Pats to win that game last year because regardless of QB's - good defense, great coach, good special teams, decent offense, referees, and home field beats a great offense, bad defense, choke coach, and mediocre special teams.

Let's do something fun. Why not make a list of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL and rate them in your order from Best to worst. Let's see how everyone's list compares. I was kinda surprised where I had to put Bledsoe.

1. Peyton Manning

2. D.McNabb

3. Tom Brady

4. Daunte Culpepper

5. Michael Vick

6. Chad Pennington

7. Brett Favre

8. Steve McNair

9. Trent Green

10. Joey Harrington

11. Ben Roethlisberger

12. Matt Hasselbeck

13. Byron Leftwich

14. David Carr

15. Jeff Garcia

16. Jake Delhomme

17. Aaron Brooks

18. Kerry Collins

19. Brad Johnson

20. Kurt Warner

21. Marc Bulger

22. Jake Plummer

23. Carson Palmer

24. Vinny Interceptaverdie

25. Drew Bledsoe

26. Drew Brees

27. Mark Brunell

28. Jay Fiedler

29. Josh McCown

30 Kyle  Boller

31 Ken Dorsey

32. J. Quinn (Bears)

62709[/snapback]

Hasselbeck at 11? Behind Rothenslingbergergenson and his two career starts???