Do YOU believe in God?

Buffan00

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy that runs concession here at the base makes it known almost on a daily basis that he does NOT believe in the "man upsatirs". Disgruntled over his life choices from what I gather. Today his quote was that Christianity is a "dieing religion" and to "just look, each year there is less and less christmas decorations at peoples houses". Cant/wont argue with this guy. What would you do?Do you believe? Any suggestions?

858688[/snapback]

Ignore him and and beileve whatever you want. If he's obnoxious about it, inform his management/supervisors.

Personally yeah, I think I believe. I just have a hard time differentiating between belief and disagreement with "the church" if that makes sense?

I could care less who gets married and I think there's a logical explaination for a lot that we attribute to divinity. At the same time, I can't buy that this is "it." If I can't really get into religion, it feels to me that I'm doing it just to go through the motions, and that's completley disrespectful to those that give it all of their faith.

How's that for an answer to "do you believe?"

-Jeff

The guy that runs concession here at the base makes it known almost on a daily basis that he does NOT believe in the "man upsatirs". Disgruntled over his life choices from what I gather. Today his quote was that Christianity is a "dieing religion" and to "just look, each year there is less and less christmas decorations at peoples houses". Cant/wont argue with this guy. What would you do?Do you believe? Any suggestions?

858688[/snapback]

Most Christmas decorations (or the most obvious - Christmas trees, for example) are Druidic in origin anyway.

So maybe the Druidic religion is what's dying out...

The guy that runs concession here at the base makes it known almost on a daily basis that he does NOT believe in the "man upsatirs". Disgruntled over his life choices from what I gather. Today his quote was that Christianity is a "dieing religion" and to "just look, each year there is less and less christmas decorations at peoples houses".

858688[/snapback]

What the hell houses is he talking about? It seems like Christmas decorations get more nuts every year. Now we have those giant inflatable snowmen and snowglobes. Not to mention that Christmas decorations show up earlier and earlier every year.

It's possible this guy is just blind.

What the hell houses is he talking about?  It seems like Christmas decorations get more nuts every year.  Now we have those giant inflatable snowmen and snowglobes.  Not to mention that Christmas decorations show up earlier and earlier every year.

858936[/snapback]

Yeah, Ive seen those blow-up snowmen/santa all over. But I do live in Alabama, so...................... :)

Don't believe in God, but I don't run around letting everyone know I don't agree with their beliefs......I save that for the Internet.  :)

858959[/snapback]

:);)

I live in GA and the house RIGHT outside of my development has like 8 of those things and a giant 20 foot lightup wooden cross in the backyard. They sell snow-cones from a Snoopy machine during the summer.

-Jeff

:)  :)

I live in GA and the house RIGHT outside of my development has like 8 of those things and a giant 20 foot lightup wooden cross in the backyard.  They sell snow-cones from a Snoopy machine during the summer.

-Jeff

858993[/snapback]

nice story!

What the hell houses is he talking about?  It seems like Christmas decorations get more nuts every year.  Now we have those giant inflatable snowmen and snowglobes.  Not to mention that Christmas decorations show up earlier and earlier every year.

858936[/snapback]

I see those too and want to go up to them and pop them they are so annoying. :)

I see those too and want to go up to them and pop them they are so annoying.  :)

859030[/snapback]

They're a complete waste of materials and electricity and they piss me off most up north where they've replaced anybody's creative urges to actually take a half-hour to build a snowman. Which is funny because it probably takes hours of work to earn the money it costs to buy those stupid things and keep them running.

They're a complete waste of materials and electricity and they piss me off most up north where they've replaced anybody's creative urges to actually take a half-hour to build a snowman.  Which is funny because it probably takes hours of work to earn the money it costs to buy those stupid things and keep them running.

859033[/snapback]

Yes, exactly and the thought of finding a place to store them for the rest of the year. Homemade snowmen are much more fun to look at. Especially if the kids made them. :)

They're a complete waste of materials and electricity and they piss me off most up north where they've replaced anybody's creative urges to actually take a half-hour to build a snowman.  Which is funny because it probably takes hours of work to earn the money it costs to buy those stupid things and keep them running.

859033[/snapback]

You seen the ones now where it is a giant inflatable snow globe with snow men inside it? It has an electric motor that blows little snow things around it in too like a snow globe.

I could possibly see this if you live in a climate where it doesn't snow. But if you don't, I find it hilarious that people would buy something that replicates snowmen in a snowstorm when instead they could just build a snowman and look at is while it is snowing.

God is LOVE.

And all of you are loved.

Send your money (cash or money order) to:

X. Benedict

Van next to the Liquor store on the Allegheny River

Tax Dodge, NY 14458

Peace.

859046[/snapback]

Reminds me a little Ron White bit..

Yesterday I was sitting on a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos and I was flipping through the televison and I saw Robert Tilton, he's a televangelist out of Dallas, and he was staring at me. He looked at me and said:

"Are you lonely?"

Yeah.

"Have you spent half your life in bars, pursuing sins of the flesh?"

This guy's good!

"Are you sitting in a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos?"

Yes, sir!

"Do you have the urge to get up and send me a thousand dollars?"

Close!

I thought he was talking about me there for a second! Apparently I'm not the only cat on the block that digs Cheetos.

Yeah, Ive seen those blow-up snowmen/santa all over. But I do live in Alabama, so...................... :)

858950[/snapback]

.........so, basically you see them well into March and April?

People here in GA are so ridiculous with leaving their sh*t up that they had to actually pass a pretty strict law to get them to knock it off :)