Jeff Smarjfvbvuabakbq

IBTG81

I know I butchered his name! :lol::D

Bart, is he going to play baseball full time? I read on ESPN awhile back that he might not want to play football.

If he does play FB, do we take him in the first round? Tons of talent, he can run, catch, and is TALL!

I think he wants to play football more, but a baseball career, especially as a quality pitcher is about as good a gig as there is. If you got skills, then you can look forward to a nice 15+ year career, throwing 100 balls twice a week and collecting about 100 million dollars in guaranteed jack.

Football, he will last about 8 years, spend years of his life in rehab and probably make half of that if he is really lucky.

If he commits to football full-time, then he is a mid first rounder and I would love to have him. I think he could be a McCafferty type player. Tall, not fast but will surprise you, great hands and great head for the game. I wouldn't pick him any higher than 15 though.

• 4 weeks later...
I think he wants to play football more, but a baseball career, especially as a quality pitcher is about as good a gig as there is. If you got skills, then you can look forward to a nice 15+ year career, throwing 100 balls twice a week and collecting about 100 million dollars in guaranteed jack.

Football, he will last about 8 years, spend years of his life in rehab and probably make half of that if he is really lucky.

If he commits to football full-time, then he is a mid first rounder and I would love to have him. I think he could be a McCafferty type player. Tall, not fast but will surprise you, great hands and great head for the game. I wouldn't pick him any higher than 15 though.

I'd be shocked to see him go in the first.

• 2 weeks later...
If he commits to football full-time, then he is a mid first rounder and I would love to have him. I think he could be a McCafferty type player.

If you walked up to every NFL GM and told them they could have the next Ed McCafferty, where do you think he would get taken? I'm thinking third round at best.

If you walked up to every NFL GM and told them they could have the next Ed McCafferty, where do you think he would get taken? I'm thinking third round at best.

Strongly disagree. I don't think you wait until the third round to draft someone who would give you back-to-back-to-back 1000 yd seasons, who in the prime of his career averaged 67 catches 855 yds and 7 TDs. The man caught 100 balls one season and if he hadn't broken his leg in the opener in 2001 (where he was coming off his best season), he might have caught 100 more.

I agree that he was never the feature WR and that he didn't produce much early in his career, but when he got his chance to shine, he made the Broncos a much better team. He also extended and improved Rod Smith's career tremendously.

I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on a guy like this, but you better believe in the world of crap shooting draft choices that I would gladly burn a 1st rounder on a guy would give me 13 seasons and catch more than 550 balls.

Strongly disagree. I don't think you wait until the third round to draft someone who would give you back-to-back-to-back 1000 yd seasons, who in the prime of his career averaged 67 catches 855 yds and 7 TDs. The man caught 100 balls one season and if he hadn't broken his leg in the opener in 2001 (where he was coming off his best season), he might have caught 100 more.

I agree that he was never the feature WR and that he didn't produce much early in his career, but when he got his chance to shine, he made the Broncos a much better team. He also extended and improved Rod Smith's career tremendously.

I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on a guy like this, but you better believe in the world of crap shooting draft choices that I would gladly burn a 1st rounder on a guy would give me 13 seasons and catch more than 550 balls.

Can Samarzqbiodjia get good enough separation from NFL level DB's to be a worth a high draft pick? I know he's not the fastest guy out there, but if he cant get away from the higher level NFL DB's, his size wont matter.

Can Samarzqbiodjia get good enough separation from NFL level DB's to be a worth a high draft pick? I know he's not the fastest guy out there, but if he cant get away from the higher level NFL DB's, his size wont matter.

He's pretty physical and he is 6'5". He strides real well and I think he will be able to use whatever speed he has in combination with his size to get excellent position on NFL DBs. He will never be the guy that you just call a go pattern for off the snap and hope that he will straight out run past a DB and Safety. But he is fast enough that he can create his own space and smart enough to run disciplined routes and find soft spots in coverage. And he is a beast to bring down.

But then gain, Mo Stovall did a lot of this at ND last year and he didn't even contribute to the Bucs after being I believe a late 2nd round pick. Samardzija has a much better tool set and is a more intelligent WR however.

I honestly don't know how he will perform in the NFL. I have my beefs with him as he seems to disappear at times. But I will say this, I'd say he has a better chance to be a productive #1 or #2 WR than any other WR in this draft. I know that doesn't sound good because everyone wants to draft Randy Moss or Jerry Rice in the first round. But in this day of R. Jay Sowards and Reggie Williams' and several other WRs who can barely even contribute consistently, I'd say Shark is a pretty safe pick. Less chance to be a superstar than CJ, Jarrett, Ginn, Rice and Meachem, but less bust potential than any of them I'd think.

He's pretty physical and he is 6'5". He strides real well and I think he will be able to use whatever speed he has in combination with his size to get excellent position on NFL DBs. He will never be the guy that you just call a go pattern for off the snap and hope that he will straight out run past a DB and Safety. But he is fast enough that he can create his own space and smart enough to run disciplined routes and find soft spots in coverage. And he is a beast to bring down.

But then gain, Mo Stovall did a lot of this at ND last year and he didn't even contribute to the Bucs after being I believe a late 2nd round pick. Samardzija has a much better tool set and is a more intelligent WR however.

I honestly don't know how he will perform in the NFL. I have my beefs with him as he seems to disappear at times. But I will say this, I'd say he has a better chance to be a productive #1 or #2 WR than any other WR in this draft. I know that doesn't sound good because everyone wants to draft Randy Moss or Jerry Rice in the first round. But in this day of R. Jay Sowards and Reggie Williams' and several other WRs who can barely even contribute consistently, I'd say Shark is a pretty safe pick. Less chance to be a superstar than CJ, Jarrett, Ginn, Rice and Meachem, but less bust potential than any of them I'd think.

Thanks. I really like his size, and a WR like him would be perfect opposite Evans. One other WR i wouldnt the Bills looking at in R3-R4 is Dallas Baker out of UF :bag:

Thanks. I really like his size, and a WR like him would be perfect opposite Evans. One other WR i wouldnt the Bills looking at in R3-R4 is Dallas Baker out of UF :bag:

Yeah, you know if we didn't already have a bona fide #1 WR who was a small burner type, than JS wouldn't be nearly as tempting in my eyes. He just seems like the perfect compliment. And while it would be nice to have the next Roy Williams opposite Lee, we don't necessarily need that and I'd would rather take a safer pick and sacrifice potential. I would never touch Ginn and Jarett's inconsistency scares me although he does seem to be peaking at the right time.

Don't know much about Baker besides hearing his name and seeing an occasional highlight...and I can't remember the last time we took a Gator.

More than likely this guy is the next Mike Williams. (USC-Detroit)

There is no way I would be happy with him in the first round.

I'm curious...how so?

Mike Williams was a 2 year football player who sat out an entire season before his rookie year....I think that more than else led to his demise.

I'm curious...how so?

Mike Williams was a 2 year football player who sat out an entire season before his rookie year....I think that more than else led to his demise.

I think he is too slight to play TE, and not fast enough for WR.

I think he'll be a good pro, but I don't like him in the first round.

I would be happy to have him in the 3rd or 4th round.

I think he is too slight to play TE, and not fast enough for WR.

I think he'll be a good pro, but I don't like him in the first round.

I would be happy to have him in the 3rd or 4th round.

Fair enough...I agree that TE would never be an option. I'm curious to see his combine numbers, but I've seen slower WRs succeed in this league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...