Coy wire, Bulk up

So it sounds like Coy Wire is the backup to Angelo Crowell according to the Bills.

"Coy Wire is a man of introspection. He's one of those players who is well read and respects the ancient philosophers of the Far East. At the same time he's hip enough to know his new duties at linebacker may require the services of a TV reality show. "I may have to get a different facemask," said Wire after seeing his first regular season action in the front seven. "I guess I'll have to do an extreme makeover."

That's their best depth at Lnebacker?

We could use more depth at linebacker. I think sending Coy to the weight room through the off season might not be such a bad idea. We have a lot of things to address in this year's draft (mostly Big OL Offensive and Defensive linemen.) but maybe in the latter rounds there might be some help for LB. I was worried about a replacement for Spikes, but he seems to be coming around just fine.

So it sounds like Coy Wire is the backup to Angelo Crowell according to the Bills.

"Coy Wire is a man of introspection. He's one of those players who is well read and respects the ancient philosophers of the Far East. At the same time he's hip enough to know his new duties at linebacker may require the services of a TV reality show. "I may have to get a different facemask," said Wire after seeing his first regular season action in the front seven. "I guess I'll have to do an extreme makeover."

That's their best depth at Lnebacker?

856769[/snapback]

60 minutes playing a variation of a nickel defense. That would be a novelty.

i bet wire's so freaking thrilled to get back to his old position, he'll be all over the field like a maniac this weekend.  i bet he sacks pennington sunday and has half a dozen tackles.  you watch.

856828[/snapback]

He almost had half a dozen tackles this weekend

60 minutes playing a variation of a nickel defense.  That would be a novelty.

856849[/snapback]

Very CFL, but what the hell. The Jets run challenged dink and dunk offense should make Coy Wire look pretty good. 220 isn't so far from 235, IMO.

If Coy Wire is going to be a LB for this team long term, we're in trouble. The guy has proven over a long period of time that he lacks instincts. He doesn't have anything 'special' about him other than a special teams role, where he has excelled. When has Coy stepped into a lane to pick off a pass? When has Coy made a clutch, key tackle in a critical situation to turn a game? In the 4 years he has been a Bill, I count zero on all these counts, which points to a guy that you make due with this year and release next year after a new draft and slate of free agency.

Okay, who put this on Wikipedia?

Coy Wire is known for his strong resemblance to "Jackass" star Jason "Wee-Man" Acuña. He is the only Buffalo Bill to have pop machines bearing his likeness at both Wegmans and K-Mart in Buffalo and its surrounding suburbs. When Coy Wire played High School football, he head-butted the goal post without his helmet on after catching a game winning interception. This is the reason why he now has a large, flat forehead. [1]

Also, Coy Wire was seen on a very early episode of "Say What Karaoke!" singing "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. His performance was panned by the judges including a young Tara Reid who gave him a 3 because "he removed his shirt".

In the year 2000, Batman will announce that he is gay. And Coy Wire will announce that he is Batman.

:blush::D:P:worthy::worthy:

I predict Marv drafts a LB with the 1st round pick.

856966[/snapback]

:blush:

LBs are what FA & Day 2 picks are for. Use your #1's on playmakers & the DL...

OL if it's a lower #1.

Nevertheless, I think you're right, & it will be Pozlusny. :D

It continues to amaze me, year after year, how this guy with a near complete lack of talent survives on this roster.

I find it hard to believe that our LB depth is so poor that we have to play a guy who wasn't even drafted to play the position he played in college.

I think Coy must have had compromising pictures of Ralph, Greggo, Meathead, and now Marv and Jauron. He should be the team photographer.

RTB