Pooch wins

San Diego misplayed the last kick. They had NO ONE  from the 50 to the goal line. If they would have kicked it over their heads, the Bills had an excellent chance to pick it up and run it in, or at least recover.

It had every chance to be the play of the year.

855661[/snapback]

Yea, i was thinking the Bills should do that. The Chargers had NO ONE deep!

Also- I thought when JP got sacked by Merrimen and Merrimen started to do his gay little "lights out" dance, the Bills should of hurried to the line, snapped the ball, and caught his a$$ offside.

San Diego misplayed the last kick. They had NO ONE  from the 50 to the goal line. If they would have kicked it over their heads, the Bills had an excellent chance to pick it up and run it in, or at least recover.

It had every chance to be the play of the year.

855661[/snapback]

Are you sure because I was thinking the same thing but you couldn't tell from TV. Did they have 11 players up?

There was one person back at the goal line but he was to far away to do anything.

855694[/snapback]

So they did have someone deep. I disagree he was too far back then. Depends on how high the pooch was but in order to get a Bill under it it would have to be pretty high and the deep Charger would have just run up and call fair catch.

No way a pooch goes uncovered. The onside kick was the only option.

It really wouldn't have mattered, however. Regardless of the outcome of that kick, we were predetermined to lose that game. Hell the refs had to conference up just to allow the Price TD, when that was as obvious a catch as you could ask for in that situation.

No way a pooch goes uncovered.  The onside kick was the only option.

It really wouldn't have mattered, however.  Regardless of the outcome of that kick, we were predetermined to lose that game.  Hell the refs had to conference up just to allow the Price TD, when that was as obvious a catch as you could ask for in that situation.

855706[/snapback]

Bills fans. They B word because the refs get a call wrong and they B word because the refs have to conference on a call that eventually goes the Bill's way. :(

Bills fans.    They B word because the refs get a call wrong and they B word because the refs have to conference on a call that eventually goes the Bill's way.  :(

855711[/snapback]

They got multiple calls wrong. Key calls. And tried to change others, that final TD being one. You cannot honestly say the refs didn't give the Chargers the benefit of every possible doubt.

I've already seen 2 PI calls in the Cowboys/Giants game that had far less contact than the Chargers had on us. Yet they were'nt called. The extra time out before the half? The fumble we recovered that they allowed the charger to wrestle away and then give to them? The JP pass that tey called back because his knee was down, but it wasn't? That's just off the top of my head.

I'm all for calling the refs out when they skew a game in favor of one team. And that's exactly what they did today.

They got multiple calls wrong.  Key calls.  And tried to change others, that final TD being one.    You cannot honestly say the refs didn't give the Chargers the benefit of every possible doubt. 

I've already seen 2 PI calls in the Cowboys/Giants game that had far less contact than the Chargers had on us.  Yet they were'nt called.  The extra time out before the half?  The fumble we recovered that they allowed the charger to wrestle away and then give to them?  The JP pass that tey called back because his knee was down, but it wasn't?  That's just off the top of my head.

I'm all for calling the refs out when they skew a game in favor of one team.  And that's exactly what they did today.

855722[/snapback]

Are you saying they did that on purpose?

Are you saying they did that on purpose?

855725[/snapback]

Purposefully, or not; they did it. That's all I know. Did Shotty stick a wad of cash in Hockalugee's pants? Did the league make the decision? Do the refs just hate being in Buffalo so they blow calls? I don't know, I just know that no way was that game called fairly. Even my wife, who only casually watches the games was questioning many of those calls/non calls. When she notices it, its pretty damn obvious.

Purposefully, or not; they did it.  That's all I know.  Did Shotty stick a wad of cash in Hockalugee's pants?  Did the league make the decision?  Do the refs just hate being in Buffalo so they blow calls?  I don't know, I just know that no way was that game called fairly.  Even my wife, who only casually watches the games was questioning many of those calls/non calls.  When she notices it, its pretty damn obvious.

855747[/snapback]

On any given Sunday refs blow calls. There is no proof that more go against Buffalo than any other team. The woe is us mentality is not very becoming.

On any given Sunday refs blow calls.  There is no proof that more go against Buffalo than any other team.  The woe is us mentality is not very becoming.

855752[/snapback]

I'm not saying its just us. All I'm saying is in this game, on this day, the refs clearly called the game in SD's favor.

I agree, they blow a call or 2 here and there and it all usually evens out. But on our series in the 4th quarter: 1st pass, Evans is bumped and forced off his route clearly before the ball is there. No Penalty. 2nd pass, Price comes down with his toe in bounds, then his heel lands out. No catch. (I'd actually, give that to the refs, if you want). 3rd pass. Reed is clearly interferred with before the ball is there. No penalty. The claim the ball was tipped???

That's one series, 2 key plays. All went in favor of SD. And 2 were very obvious PI calls, that in most any other game or situation are called. But today they weren't.

I'm not saying its just us.  All I'm saying is in this game, on this day, the refs clearly called the game in SD's favor. 

I agree, they blow a call or 2 here and there and it all usually evens out.  But on our series in the 4th quarter:  1st pass, Evans is bumped and forced off his route clearly before the ball is there.  No Penalty.  2nd pass, Price comes down with his toe in bounds, then his heel lands out.  No catch.  (I'd actually, give that to the refs, if you want).  3rd pass.  Reed is clearly interferred with before the ball is there.  No penalty.  The claim the ball was tipped??? 

That's one series, 2 key plays.  All went in favor of SD.  And 2 were very obvious PI calls, that in most any other game or situation are called.  But today they weren't.

855760[/snapback]

Toe in, heel out the rule is out of bounds. Call is correct. Reed clearly interfered but it did appear the ball was tipped. It looked like it to me live. Bills couldn't review. Can't blame the refs on either of those two plays.

Toe in, heel out the rule is out of bounds.  Call is correct.  Reed clearly interfered but it did appear the ball was tipped.  It looked like it to me live.  Bills couldn't review.  Can't blame the refs on either of those two plays.

855765[/snapback]

Toe in, heel out. I agree. I can say ok they got that right. Although I don't really agree with it. If Price hops up (off is toe), rather than just come down its a completed pass?

The nonPI on Reed; I can definitely blame the refs on. Its their job to wath the game and know what's going on. The ball wasn't tipped and yet they "thought" it was. You say it looked tipped to you - live. To me, it didn't. That's a call you have to conclude the refs screwed.

Before either of those, however, what about the pass to Evans. The defender clearly ran into him forcing him off his route. How is that acceptable? I know they both have a right to go after the ball, but the defender can't run through the receiver to get the ball, no more than the receiver can.

Toe in, heel out.  I agree.  I can say ok they got that right.  Although I don't really agree with it.  If Price hops up (off is toe), rather than just come down its a completed pass? 

The nonPI on Reed; I can definitely blame the refs on.  Its their job to wath the game and know what's going on.  The ball wasn't tipped and yet they "thought" it was.  You say it looked tipped to you - live.  To me, it didn't.  That's a call you have to conclude the refs screwed. 

Before either of those, however, what about the pass to Evans.  The defender clearly ran into him forcing him off his route.  How is that acceptable?  I know they both have a right to go after the ball, but the defender can't run through the receiver to get the ball, no more than the receiver can.

855774[/snapback]

I say it looked tipped. You say it looked like it wasn't. Because it didn't go your way you HAVE to conclude the refs screwed it up. I say it again......Bills fans. ^_^

I'm not sure which play on Evans you're talking about. If you mean the one along the sidelines it was not catchable. Not PI on passes not catchable.

I say it looked tipped.  You say it looked like it wasn't.  Because it didn't go your way you HAVE to conclude the refs screwed it up.  I say it again......Bills fans.  ^_^

I'm not sure which play on Evans you're talking about.  If you mean the one along the sidelines it was not catchable.  Not PI on passes not catchable.

855779[/snapback]

Just to add about the Reed noncall. Why wasn't the flag thrown for PI and then a huddle with one ref saying it was tipped? There was no flag, because the Ref didn't think or didn't want to call PI.

The Evans noncall was the first down play. The Price noncatch was 2nd down. And the Reed noncall was third down. The pass to Evns was easily catchable. It may have appeared uncatchable because the defender ran into Evans and completely threw him off his route.

Just to add about the Reed noncall.  Why wasn't the flag thrown for PI and then a huddle with one ref saying it was tipped?  There was no flag, because the Ref didn't think or didn't want to call PI.

855783[/snapback]

When a ball it tipped all contact is legal. There cannot be PI on a play with a tipped pass.

When a ball it tipped all contact is legal.  There cannot be PI on a play with a tipped pass.

855801[/snapback]

But it wasn't tipped. So, that's not an issue. The refs were not signalling that it was tipped, either. ( I just reviewed it on the DVR. Tasker said it was the "official rule" on the field, but the official on the sideline right next to the play did not signal that it was tipped.) So, how can you sit here and say that was a perfectly legitimate call by the refs? They obviously got it wrong and yet I should conclude that its no big deal?

Perhaps if that was the only call in the game they got wrong, I could. But that was one of several - all in favor of SD. So how can you say the refs did not influence the outcome of the game in the favor of SD?