Sit Down???

mvbillsfan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main point was that the fans at the Ralph have changed in some way.  I NEVER said anything about standing during the whole game.  If I decide to stand up and cheer its for good reason. 

852697[/snapback]

this is the part of your argument i agree with...our crowds just aren't the same as they used to be.

Two excellent points. This isn't war, it's a community of people who have rights and responsibilities. The right to enjoy the game, and the responsibility to the community that they get to enjoy the game.

Here's a simple solution: If you want to be an A-hole & stand when everyone else is seated, buy your seats in the last row of the section you sit in and then you can stand as often as you want. Otherwise, please stay home so the rest of us can enjoy the game.

Also, people don't know how to return to their seats. If you have any brains, you don't go by seated people when a play is taking place. You time your moves: Leave your seat at the end of a play and return at the end of the play. Use the huddle up time for transit to & from your seat. When I'm ready to return to my seat, I crouch down in the isle next to the row of seats & wait for the play to be over-that's the right thing to do!

You cant make noise, scream, yell till your hearts content, stomp your feet while sitting down with the occasional rush to your feet with excitement?  This way the right people behind you and up a row or two can enjoy the game too!  :doh:

Maybe it is you that needs to stay home being the handi cap you are :wub:

I know for one I can make just as much noice on my arse as I can on my feet  while being respectfull to those around me. :censored:

Sorry staying home eating a cheese pizza is not an option......but when I take my family to a game, it is a 12 hr round trip, plus another 300 for tickets.... I expect myself and my family to be able to see and enjoy the game.......Make all the noice you want! But it does get on my nerves when some drunk is standing up the whole game blocking our view, cursing, and ranting in front of my kids :P

But hey I guess we were just brought up different  :lol:

852391[/snapback]

you're a !@#$!ng idiot! :bag:

you're kidding?!  what nba team does he play for?

853105[/snapback]

He doesnt, he turned down a chance to try out for the sixers back in 72 or 73...... Money was that good back then so he decide to go on to law school. He is a Judge down in San Antonio Texas

He is in the South Dakota Sports Hall of Fame tho!

He doesnt, he turned down a chance to try out for the sixers back in 72 or 73...... Money was that good back then so he decide to go on to law school.  He is a Judge down in San Antonio Texas

He is in the South Dakota Sports Hall of Fame tho!

853161[/snapback]

if i remember correctly, that was a good sixers team not to be on...i think those were the 9-73 days.

I usually do not stand. Why? Because I am unable to stand and sit every 10 seconds. I have no problem when someone stands after a big play or because the whole stadium is standing. Then, I watch the Jumbotron. I do not even mind standing for the whole game if everyone is.

But for those who think you are not passionate about plays or your team unless you stand, you need to be educated. First of all, I yell louder sitting than anyone does standing, looking around, raising their arms for everyone else but themselves to scream. Those who are in the first row and still stand are ignorant, idiots and rude.

Have another beer.

I wish I would see the same exuberance in those who choose to yell or do the wave when the offense is on the field as when the defence is on the field. It is those people who yell who can cause our team to make a penalty or be unable to hear the QB calls.

A lot of so-called "passionate fans" stand because they think they are so photogenic, that, they will be discovered: or the ones who need to drink so bad, they leave at the worse time, blocking the view of the game: My favorites are those who come late, leave early no matter what and are up and down so much that I would swear they have ADHD.

For myself, who goes to every game and stays until the end no matter what,, a blacked out game is no different from a sold out game because the same number of "passionate" fans are missing at the most important times of the game. In the beginning and at the end. Why should a team play 60 min when the fans are missing for 20 of them?

If you are fortunate to be able to afford a ticket and attend a game, I'm glad you have no game to watch. There are plenty of less fortunate people who would gladly change places with you.

Here is some simple etiquette when you are at a game:

1- if you have to stand, sit as soon as possible and it wouldn't kill you to turn around once in a while and simply say, "sorry"

2- The wave and noise making is only done when your defense is on the field.

3- Try getting to your seat on time.

4- when you have to get up and leave for whatever reason, try to do it at a good time when the view of the game is not crucial.

5- Leave the F-bombs, threats and immature behavior at home for your mother. It does not show intelligence.

What has happened to the fans? 

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game.  I was told more than once to sit down.  I simply ignorned and sreamed louder.  If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

What's going on?? I can remember back in the day not sitting for the whole game.

Also 10,000 no shows pretty sad!!

852316[/snapback]

Making noise is great, but standing up all game is ridiculous. I don't know where you are getting the idea that people stood all game, but I've never seen that. I wasn't alive when the Bills played at the Rockpile, but as a long time season ticket holder and fan whose attended games since the early 1980's, I've never seen that. At critical points, like 4th downs or at the goal line, yeah. Between plays, yeah. But when the ball is being snapped, you should already be in your seat so the people behind you can see the game without having to stand up and block the view of the person behind them, and so on.

I understand your point, it would be great to get The Ralph a little louder on gameday, but the only thing that will do that is putting a winning product on the field and giving the fans an organization they can feel confident in. That's where a place like KC has an edge, they have continuity at the GM position and the fans really feel that they always have a chance to win because they haven't seen a truly terrible team on the field in such a long time. Give them 6 years with no playoffs and we'll see how loud they are when their 4-6 team takes the field in week 11.

Here's a simple solution:  If you want to be an A-hole & stand when everyone else is seated, buy your seats in the last row of the section you sit in and then you can stand as often as you want.  Otherwise, please stay home so the rest of us can enjoy the game. 

Have you ever tried watching a play through binoculars?  One idiot gets up in the middle of the play and all you get in your binoculars is his friggin' back! 

Fortunately, my seats are in the 1st row, but with 1st row seats comes the responsibility of NOT standing up at the wrong time.  I always look behind me & make sure the people behind me are already standing before I stand for more than a second or two after the play is over. 

Also, people don't know how to return to their seats.  If you have any brains, you don't go by seated people when a play is taking place.  You time your moves:  Leave your seat at the end of a play and return at the end of the play.  Use the huddle up time for transit to & from your seat.  When I'm ready to return to my seat, I crouch down in the isle next to the row of seats & wait for the play to be over-that's the right thing to do!

852725[/snapback]

I think that the last game we had at least 3 instances where people walked right in front of us during a play. But that's part of the deal now, the stadium is definately loaded with casual fans, but they keep the seats full.

This is the attitude that has KILLED the game experience at the ralph.

Home field advantaged is partly gained from loud fans.  80,000 SCREANING fans used to make it very difficult for the other team.

We are not watching a movie on the sofa.  If I want to stand and cheer for my team I should not be told to sit down.  Get off your heated seat and cheer your team on.

Do us all a favor and order a sheet pizza and stay home.

852357[/snapback]

Dude, ever think of people that literally can't stand that long or even that much? Kids, larger folks, older people... In key moments we all agree it is called for but as others have already stated, standing and yelling the whole time is annoying to others.

Cheering from you sit does not make you less of a fan or even less helpful to the Bills!

This is the attitude that has KILLED the game experience at the ralph.

Home field advantaged is partly gained from loud fans.  80,000 SCREANING fans used to make it very difficult for the other team.

We are not watching a movie on the sofa.  If I want to stand and cheer for my team I should not be told to sit down.  Get off your heated seat and cheer your team on.

Do us all a favor and order a sheet pizza and stay home.

852357[/snapback]

I respectfully say bull sh--. Being loud has nothing to do with standing for 60 minutes and dictating that everyone behind you do the same. Thankfully, my section had a way of dealing with LAM fans who thought the way you do... :D

I respectfully say bull sh--.   Being loud has nothing to do with standing for 60 minutes and dictating that everyone behind you do the same.   Thankfully, my section had a way of dealing with LAM fans who thought the way you do... :D

853804[/snapback]

Then again... Your handle is "Lurker"... :lol::lol:

:D:P

And yes, I am just funnin' you Lurker... :D