greatest pass?

tennesseeboy

which of the following four passes is the greatest?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following four passes is the greatest?

• Lee Evans first td v. Houston
    • Lee Evans second td v. Houston
    • Peerless Price td v. Houston
    • Roscoe Parrish's toes inbound pass v. Jacksonville?

Good question, tough call.

I went with the Price TD because of JP's decisiveness, confidence, and accuracy on the throw, plus the game winning situation. Unlike the Jags game, the Bills lose if they don't come through there. While it goes in the books as a 15-yard TD pass, JP threw a rocket from about the 22 to 9.9 yards deep in the end zone. That was a 30+ yard laser.

Good question, tough call.

I went with the Price TD because of JP's decisiveness, confidence, and accuracy on the throw, plus the game winning situation.  Unlike the Jags game, the Bills lose if they don't come through there.  While it goes in the books as a 15-yard TD pass, JP threw a rocket from about the 22 to 9.9 yards deep in the end zone.  That was a 30+ yard laser.

851958[/snapback]

Here's an endzone view of the tight spot Losman stuck that game-winner in.

But I'd also have to go with that first 83yrdr to Evans. And an honorable mention to the clutch throw to Parrish which he created on his own and had to be an anticipatory pinpoint throw on the run.

the price TD had to be a bullet and hit a very small window between 3 defenders and the back of the endzone. They were also covering the endzone because they knew we were were going to throw to the endzone, which increased the dificulty. and you cant forget that there were only a few seconds left in the game and needed a TD.

though #2 on my list would be the Evans TD where JP got killed just after he got the ball off. he was under some serious pressure and made a perfect pass. I dont have it ranked #1 because Evans had everyone beat deep and all jp had to do was throw it deep and let evans go get it.

the Parrish pass was just a prayer that worked out great.

Parrish's catch was the best catch, with Price's catch as #2, but we are talking about passes... :blink:

But I'd also have to go with that first 83yrdr to Evans. And an honorable mention to the clutch throw to Parrish which he created on his own and had to be an anticipatory pinpoint throw on the run.

851966[/snapback]

Awsome video.

:blink:

the field looks so much smaller from the stands than on tv. great pass, great catch, and a great game.

851966[/snapback]

Nice find, that's sweet. JP first looking to his left to hold the MLB who was dropping back in coverage and then coming back to Price on the right confirms my vote. A pure NFL TD throw that you can't fake, made even larger by the game situation.

Nice find, that's sweet.  JP first looking to his left to hold the MLB who was dropping back in coverage and then coming back to Price on the right confirms my vote.  A pure NFL TD throw that you can't fake, made even larger by the game situation.

851981[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I read on TBD that Losman doesn't look guys off. That means you're wrong, mister.

I'm sorry, I read on TBD that Losman doesn't look guys off.  That means you're wrong, mister.

852009[/snapback]

Very true. Based on other TBD reports, it's possible that he saw a shirtless man wearing a little red hat in the back left end zone. Maybe that's what caught his attention for a second.

I had thought it was Lee Evans #2 that was the perfect one, but maybe it was the first. The other two are awesome, and meant more to the team, but one of those Evans bombs was about the prettiest pass I have seen in awhile.

Strangely, I remember thinking about it right after it happened and saying that the last Bills QB to make a pass as dead on accurate as that one was Rob Johnson. (Last game of the year, vs. the Colts when he won the starting job for the Titans game).

He hit a WR (I forget who, I have the tape somewhere) for a long pass across the middle that was perfect. Perfect like Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez hitting the ball into Smalls' glove in the Sandlot.

He hit a WR (I forget who, I have the tape somewhere) for a long pass across the middle that was perfect.  Perfect like Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez hitting the ball into Smalls' glove in the Sandlot.

852107[/snapback]

That day RJ played as close to a perfect game as you're ever likely to see in this league. Granted it was against a bad Colt defense that had nothing to play for, but it was still a hell of a performace.

I'm guessing the play you're referring to was him hitting Moulds on a post where Jeff Burris had as good a coverage as you could possibly expect. It was one of several fantastic balls he threw on the day. And if I recall correctly, it was actually the last time I was in Rich Stadium. (Thanx Fence!-)

That day RJ played as close to a perfect game as you're ever likely to see in this league. Granted it was against a bad Colt defense that had nothing to play for, but it was still a hell of a performace.

I'm guessing the play you're referring to was him hitting Moulds on a post where Jeff Burris had as good a coverage as you could possibly expect. It was one of several fantastic balls he threw on the day. And if I recall correctly, it was actually the last time I was in Rich Stadium. (Thanx Fence!-)

852124[/snapback]

Yeah, he lit it up...you are right about as close to perfect as you will find.

One thing though...I had always thought that the Colts had everything to play for as they had a shot for the #1 seed if they won and JAX had lost. That is what made that victory all the more impressive.

Hmmm...

One thing though...I had always thought that the Colts had everything to play for as they had a shot for the #1 seed if they won and JAX had lost.  That is what made that victory all the more impressive.

Hmmm...

852147[/snapback]

I don't remember the exact scenario, I just remember having it set in my mind not to get too crazy about RJ's performance considering the Colts were on cruise control.

Nice find, that's sweet.  JP first looking to his left to hold the MLB who was dropping back in coverage and then coming back to Price on the right confirms my vote.  A pure NFL TD throw that you can't fake, made even larger by the game situation.

851981[/snapback]

Come-on now, that never happened. We all know that JP locks onto the reciever and then throws the ball.......There is no freakin way that JP looked to his left to hold the mlb...he is just not that intelligent.....no way......... :beer: